Poll - Stinger Owner Initial Quality

Have You Noticed any Quality Issues and if so From which Category(ies)?

• Yes - Exterior Fit and Finish

Votes: 68 16.8%
  • Yes - Interior Fit and Finish

Votes: 33 8.1%
  • Yes - Squeaks and/or Rattles

Votes: 116 28.6%
  • Yes - Noise Vibration Harshness

Votes: 31 7.7%
  • Yes - Electrical

Votes: 16 4.0%
  • Yes - Mechanical

Votes: 22 5.4%
  • Yes - Technology

Votes: 55 13.6%
  • Yes - Other

Votes: 21 5.2%
  • No - Car is perfect!

Votes: 190 46.9%

• Total voters

Revvdmedia

1000 Posts Club!
Canada
Actually the dealership are doing very good and offered me a new 20th anniversary as a replacement for my Original red Stinger. I am not disappointed at all.
Good on the dealer for stepping up to the plate big time. I wasn't sure they would offer a full replacement, but I guess a lot of big dealership conglomerates these days do offer "30 day trade if you don't like your car" type marketing. You didn't like it, so get a different one. That's good.

Tangent52

Mesa, Arizona
I have noticed what sounds like a wire harness sliding around inside the drivers door when I turn. I do need to take everything out of the car (USB, mailbox keys....) and go throw it around a few corners to see if I can find it.

JMP

Ontario Canada
500km in the first week, 2020 GT Limited. Didn't find any issues to complain about. Went over the car with a full clean and ceramic sealing. the passenger rear quarter at the top seemed to have a slight bit of gritty'ness (almost like overspray), but nothing a polish didn't quickly take care of.... To be fair, I was being ultra fussy and it was still really minor. Otherwise, didn't find a thing. No rattles or squeeks to annoy, but it's still really new and it's not that cold here just yet.

rocket23

1000 Posts Club!
Ct.
I have noticed what sounds like a wire harness sliding around inside the drivers door when I turn. I do need to take everything out of the car (USB, mailbox keys....) and go throw it around a few corners to see if I can find it.
shit, I still have my golf clubs back there

Danny5

So this might be a new one, since nobody has mentioned it, but my steering wheel squeaks. It only happens in parking lot maneuvers where I will turn the wheel lock to lock... Has me concerned they'll rip the entire car apart to lubricate something...

MerlintheMad

10000 Posts Club!
West Jordan, Y00TAW
So this might be a new one, since nobody has mentioned it, but my steering wheel squeaks. It only happens in parking lot maneuvers where I will turn the wheel lock to lock... Has me concerned they'll rip the entire car apart to lubricate something...
I wouldn't touch that. If the wheel made annoying noises in normal throw use, that would be different.

rocket23

1000 Posts Club!
Ct.
I wouldn't touch that. If the wheel made annoying noises in normal throw use, that would be different.
Older power steering would squeal when up against the steering link. But ours are electronic. I’m at a loss as to why it would make any noise.

namja

Seattle, WA
Could you explain what you mean by "wheel lock to lock" ?

rocket23

1000 Posts Club!
Ct.
Could you explain what you mean by "wheel lock to lock" ?
max left to right I would imagine

stung cb

The STINGER badge on the rear of my 2020 GT2 was applied totally crooked by the factory. It slanted down on the right by a good 3/4". The dealer took a picture and sent it to KIA. I picked up the car in a snow storm and didn't notice it for a few days later. The dealer ordered a new badge and took care of the issue.

PxbVic

Well my 2019 Stinger GT has now reached 1 year old and 12,000 KM.
First service done free of charge, the following list of issues were given to the dealer with their current status after servicing.
Rain Sensor/Wiper on auto only would intermittently work then not work, wipers coming on in clear days requiring wipers to be turned off, to the opposite extreme torrential rain and wipers would not come on at all - Fixed
Throttle position sensor/transmission reluctance to shift down in comfort/eco mode unless I put my foot to the floor - Fixed.
GPS drift, driving along normal roads that have been there for years, my GPS started to drift off road - Fixed, I don't know how as I'm on the latest Map update.
Very slow startup/response from infotainment system - navigation (as in navigating settings not SatNav) is slow and is still not ideal - Not resolved yet, but new map and system update is coming soon I'm told.
Radar Cruise control even set at closest distance from car in front would leave a gap of 50 to 60 metres @ 100km/h regardless of how close I set it - Fixed.
Left rear type pressure sensor failed - Replaced and fixed.
Door lock buttons on front door handles are still a problem from day 1 - still only working 30% of the time the rest of the time it just long beeps - Not fixed but proven issue with even new 2020 GT model - Kia have been advised as it appears a common problem.

All in all the car is great, I have zero squeaks and/or rattles the car still feels new and is still highly enjoyable.

Although 75% of my driving is Melbourne CBD, and I'm not much of a hoon :whistle: the Michelin Pilot Sport tyres are stuffed, they will need to be replaced in the next 3000 Km. All my cars over the years (all high performance) I'd get 25,000 to 30,000 KM from tyres but these wont last 15,000KM. I'm not going to replace with these, they are also getting very noisy now (less tread and hard casings).

I've requested the following to Kia, and the dealer has past on my feedback, as I'm not the only GT owner asking for these things.
On startup the Infotainment system to start at the last screen configuration rather than back to default (split media and Satnav).
Option to enable Auto hold and have it on all the time.
Requested bluetooth enabled for Android Car play as an option rather than USB cable - This will require the base Android 4 infotainment system to be upgraded, but it sounds like the infotainment system is going to get a upgrade in the next few months.

I have to give Kia a big congrats, their customer service is stellar compared to any other brand I have owned.

Cheers,

Stinger GT SS

5000 Posts Club!
Sydney, NSW
Well my 2019 Stinger GT has now reached 1 year old and 12,000 KM.
First service done free of charge, the following list of issues were given to the dealer with their current status after servicing.
Rain Sensor/Wiper on auto only would intermittently work then not work, wipers coming on in clear days requiring wipers to be turned off, to the opposite extreme torrential rain and wipers would not come on at all - Fixed
Throttle position sensor/transmission reluctance to shift down in comfort/eco mode unless I put my foot to the floor - Fixed.
GPS drift, driving along normal roads that have been there for years, my GPS started to drift off road - Fixed, I don't know how as I'm on the latest Map update.
Very slow startup/response from infotainment system - navigation (as in navigating settings not SatNav) is slow and is still not ideal - Not resolved yet, but new map and system update is coming soon I'm told.
Radar Cruise control even set at closest distance from car in front would leave a gap of 50 to 60 metres @ 100km/h regardless of how close I set it - Fixed.
Left rear type pressure sensor failed - Replaced and fixed.
Door lock buttons on front door handles are still a problem from day 1 - still only working 30% of the time the rest of the time it just long beeps - Not fixed but proven issue with even new 2020 GT model - Kia have been advised as it appears a common problem.

All in all the car is great, I have zero squeaks and/or rattles the car still feels new and is still highly enjoyable.

Although 75% of my driving is Melbourne CBD, and I'm not much of a hoon :whistle: the Michelin Pilot Sport tyres are stuffed, they will need to be replaced in the next 3000 Km. All my cars over the years (all high performance) I'd get 25,000 to 30,000 KM from tyres but these wont last 15,000KM. I'm not going to replace with these, they are also getting very noisy now (less tread and hard casings).

I've requested the following to Kia, and the dealer has past on my feedback, as I'm not the only GT owner asking for these things.
On startup the Infotainment system to start at the last screen configuration rather than back to default (split media and Satnav).
Option to enable Auto hold and have it on all the time.
Requested bluetooth enabled for Android Car play as an option rather than USB cable - This will require the base Android 4 infotainment system to be upgraded, but it sounds like the infotainment system is going to get a upgrade in the next few months.

I have to give Kia a big congrats, their customer service is stellar compared to any other brand I have owned.

Cheers,
I’m at 27 months of ownership with 35,000kms, mine is a daily driver & could be more happier with the car & the service my dealership gives me.
As for your tyres, get a wheel alignment, the front toe-in from factory is horrendous & is causing premature wear on tyres, I had the Continentals & only got 25K out of them.

PxbVic

I’m at 27 months of ownership with 35,000kms, mine is a daily driver & could be more happier with the car & the service my dealership gives me.
As for your tyres, get a wheel alignment, the front toe-in from factory is horrendous & is causing premature wear on tyres, I had the Continentals & only got 25K out of them.
Hi GT SS,

Yeah that the first thing I was looking at but the wear is perfectly even, just not a great tyre. I have a mate with a tyre service and the wheel alignment is spot on. Such is life so I got to find a better tyre.

Like you I have the Eibach sway bars, love them. Also was looking at getting Falken tyres, I've used them for many years and IMHO they are right up there for value and quality for every day use.

Stinger GT SS

5000 Posts Club!
Sydney, NSW
Hi GT SS,

Yeah that the first thing I was looking at but the wear is perfectly even, just not a great tyre. I have a mate with a tyre service and the wheel alignment is spot on. Such is life so I got to find a better tyre.

Like you I have the Eibach sway bars, love them. Also was looking at getting Falken tyres, I've used them for many years and IMHO they are right up there for value and quality for every day use.
Well I’m running the Falken FK510 since June last year, more than pleased with them, very underrated performance tyre, similar performance to the other hyped brands with better pricing & they are made in Japan.
7BBB0953-811D-4F5A-903E-03D8F6616D95.jpeg

Revvdmedia

1000 Posts Club!
Canada
Interesting to note this can be fixed. I HATED my rain sensing wipers on my Stinger, they never seemed to work with any form of logic - either totally manic or nothing at all when I couldn't see a thing out of the windshield. Good to know that this can be fixed, I've seen my complaints on the wipers echoed by many others on the forum.

stung cb

Now that you have owned your car for a few days or more, have you noticed any quality issues?

Take the poll and elaborate on your findings, with pics if you can!
Have owned a 2020 GT2 AWD since Feb. 2020.
No Mechanical or electrical issues so far. Have had 3 fit and finish issues.
1. Stinger badge on the rear installed crooked at the factory. It slanted down right 3/4".
2. A broken clip holding a portion of the truck liner in place.
3. Two weeks ago I noticed a 4"L x 1/2"W x 1/2" deep indention in the backrest of the rear seat below the headrest.

rocket23

1000 Posts Club!
Ct.
3. Two weeks ago I noticed a 4"L x 1/2"W x 1/2" deep indention in the backrest of the rear seat below the headrest.
I had an issue when i folded a rear seat , could this be from folding it forward??