kia stinger store

Poll - Stinger Owner Initial Quality

Have You Noticed any Quality Issues and if so From which Category(ies)?

• Yes - Exterior Fit and Finish

Votes: 77 16.7%
  • Yes - Interior Fit and Finish

Votes: 34 7.4%
  • Yes - Squeaks and/or Rattles

Votes: 143 31.0%
  • Yes - Noise Vibration Harshness

Votes: 37 8.0%
  • Yes - Electrical

Votes: 17 3.7%
  • Yes - Mechanical

Votes: 26 5.6%
  • Yes - Technology

Votes: 60 13.0%
  • Yes - Other

Votes: 25 5.4%
  • No - Car is perfect!

Votes: 207 44.9%

• Total voters

MerlintheMad

Sustaining Member
West Jordan, Y00TAW
My goodness such horror stories...

How does one check the roof seals or trunk seals to make sure they don't fall apart? Now I am very paranoid to say the least lmfao!!
Nobody has said anything about hatch, roof or door seals "falling apart".

WRXtoStingerGT

Stinger Enthusiast
Yonkers NY
My 2021 stinger has been nothing but problems. Bolth rear door latches faild. When i mean faild the doors came open while driving did this also at the service department. And passenger side front door is making contact with the finder. It only has 5k on it.

^

huh?

MerlintheMad

Sustaining Member
West Jordan, Y00TAW
That's what I am saying? What's this about seals falling apart? The hatch, roof and door seals are all the same material. What are you talking about?

I think you're calling latches seals? I didn't see any connection but now I do, if that explains the confusion.

monusa

May need to clarify.......I am referring to the "body-colored" strips that run the length of the roof line just above the doors.......these were replaced by dealer when i showed how "crappy" they looked over time......

WRXtoStingerGT

Stinger Enthusiast
Yonkers NY
ah ok!

no I misunderstood... my bad... now I get it! :D

gidrow

Owned the car now for 7.5 mths but do not have a lot of drive time, under 2k miles, My only gripe is a few squeaks and rattles that spoil perfection, the rear hatch rattle in particular is annoying.

westcoastGT

5000 Posts Club!
Vancouver , Canada
Owned the car now for 7.5 mths but do not have a lot of drive time, under 2k miles, My only gripe is a few squeaks and rattles that spoil perfection, the rear hatch rattle in particular is annoying.
easy fix , lots of us had it , search hatch rattle

rocket23

1000 Posts Club!
Ct.
3rd recall......s'posed to prevent a fire...

MerlintheMad

Sustaining Member
West Jordan, Y00TAW
3rd recall......s'posed to prevent a fire...
If it's the one I'm thinking, it's actually really minor, they just move a wiring box

My Honda Fit has had 5 recalls for the record :/
I thought that all this one was for, is to put some yellow stickers inside this lid thingy. :p
DSCF0498.JPG

rocket23

1000 Posts Club!
Ct.
I thought that all this one was for, is to put some yellow stickers inside this lid thingy. :p
View attachment 57474
No they actually had to order a new fuse box from what I was told.......scheduled the appt weeks in advance. So they could order the part.

MerlintheMad

Sustaining Member
West Jordan, Y00TAW
No they actually had to order a new fuse box from what I was told.......scheduled the appt weeks in advance. So they could order the part.
I knew that my joke would get somebody; but I didn't think it would be you. Hah! :rofl:

rocket23

1000 Posts Club!
Ct.

MerlintheMad

Sustaining Member
West Jordan, Y00TAW
huh....just not paying attention these days....lol
That's my line on here more often lately. Today was pretty good, though. :D

yea.. our suburban had 10 recalls... our 525 had 4 our subaru legacy had 3 and our 540 had 2..
10?! I mean everyone gets the airbag recalls, that's unfortunately normal

I thought my 5 was bad, considering my Fit is a 2013. 4 of them were airbags, the most recent (and still waiting) is the front axles (known issue with 2nd gens, I thought it was something I was just going to have to pay for but apparently not heh)