Poll - Stinger Owner Initial Quality

Have You Noticed any Quality Issues and if so From which Category(ies)?

• Yes - Exterior Fit and Finish

Votes: 68 16.8%
  • Yes - Interior Fit and Finish

Votes: 33 8.1%
  • Yes - Squeaks and/or Rattles

Votes: 116 28.6%
  • Yes - Noise Vibration Harshness

Votes: 31 7.7%
  • Yes - Electrical

Votes: 16 4.0%
  • Yes - Mechanical

Votes: 22 5.4%
  • Yes - Technology

Votes: 55 13.6%
  • Yes - Other

Votes: 21 5.2%
  • No - Car is perfect!

Votes: 190 46.9%

• Total voters

stung cb

I had an issue when i folded a rear seat , could this be from folding it forward??
My indentation in the seat leather was not from folding down the seat. The indentation began under the headrest and ran down four inches. I think your issue was a dent caused by a seatbelt buckle. Most all vehicle offer no protection from seat belt buckles when you fold the seat(s) down.

찌르는 것 GT1

Newish Member
After owning the car for 3 months and the weather is now warm, I've been able to clean and detail the car properly.

My 2020 GT1 is Ceramic Gray, for which I paid an extra $500.

I am deeply disappointed in the quality of my paint job from the factory.

The amount of orange peel is disturbing.

And the paint is very thin... The amount of chips after only 3 months is nothing like I've ever seen on a new car (even without upgraded paint).

Areas with no clear coat (trim areas and water channels)

The amount of swirl marks throughout the entire vehicle was interesting. I can only attribute that to the dealership washing the car with dirty water and dirty rags...

I've been able to correct some light swirls and improve the overall shine... but I am still not impressed with the paint job.

I don't feel it's my financial responsibility to pay to have it professionally corrected.

Other than a few other tiny quality issues. It was well worth the money... Just not the upgraded paint cost for a shady paint job.

stung cb

After owning the car for 3 months and the weather is now warm, I've been able to clean and detail the car properly.

I am deeply disappointed in the quality of my paint job from the factory.

The amount of orange peel is disturbing.

And the paint is very thin... The amount of chips after only 3 months is nothing like I've ever seen on a new car (even without upgraded paint).

Areas with no clear coat (trim areas and water channels)

The amount of swirl marks throughout the entire vehicle was interesting. I can only attribute that to the dealership washing the car with dirty water and dirty rags...

I've been able to correct some light swirls and improve the overall shine... but I am still not impressed with the paint job.

I don't feel it's my financial responsibility to pay to have it professionally corrected.

Other than a few other tiny quality issues. It was well worth the money... Just not the upgraded paint cost for a shady paint job.
I've a 2020 GT2 with the same color paint. The paint looks pretty good to me. It is not a Mercedes or Porsche paint job but for a $50K car it's not too bad.

MerlintheMad

10000 Posts Club!
West Jordan, Y00TAW
I've heard of this once before. But I don't remember which country that was. Where are you? (add that to your profile, it's handy)

It's bogus to charge more for a specific color; and I'm betting the dealer did that. I don't think it's a Kia thing, but I've been wrong before. Heh.:rolleyes:

It sounds like you got a poor paint job alright. Participate in the poll. It won't make you feel better; well, other than "misery loves company". Discussion of Stinger paint quality (Was - Paint Chip Issue) c. 32% of those who have participated so far (422 out of a membership of 11,684, c. 3.6%) have no issues.

rocket23

1000 Posts Club!
Ct.
My roof seals ( for lack of a better term) are cracking.....thinking of getting some e-z strip and just get the paint off and rock the black rubber look like regular cars........

DrMario86

2020 GT1 purchased Mar 2020. Some squeak and in the headliner right over the drivers seat. Minor but noticable rattle in the hatch latch. A puff of padding caught between the steering wheel stitches but not irritating. Coming from an Acura and wife drives a Lexus NX200t so we're used to some tight tolerances on NVH (Noise, Vibration, and Harshness). Compared to the Taurus, Charger, or CT4 it's great. Compared to the RLX, A7 or 440i, the price difference definitely makes up for it.

찌르는 것 GT1

Newish Member
I've a 2020 GT2 with the same color paint. The paint looks pretty good to me. It is not a Mercedes or Porsche paint job but for a $50K car it's not too bad.
Well... feel lucky then. My paint job is crap. I dont care what the car costs. Especially after paying for an upgraded paint job...

It IS poor quality no matter what car, or the price.

Quality Control is a responsibility, and shouldn't be compounded with reasons or excuses why its lacking... especially on a 'halo' car for the Kia brand at their premium prices

ktstinger

Kelowna, BC
1st year anniversary today of owning my Stinger. 16600 KMS.
In the first year:
Kia replaced my driver's mirror due to it not folding in on lock. The passenger one would but the driver's mirror would clunk and stick.
Replaced the dark chrome trim on my drivers and front passenger door after it discolored.
Fixed the 360 cams on my driver's side had a short or something. The feed from that side of the car would intermittently just go blue screen.

No mechanical issues at all.

rocket23

1000 Posts Club!
Ct.
I'd get a pro paint job, but my luck I'd drive over hot asphalt and sling that shit all over the place......

stung cb

Well... feel lucky then. My paint job is crap. I dont care what the car costs. Especially after paying for an upgraded paint job...

It IS poor quality no matter what car, or the price.

Quality Control is a responsibility, and shouldn't be compounded with reasons or excuses why its lacking... especially on a 'halo' car for the Kia brand at their premium prices
Hey...Check out the Tesla paint jobs. I see where they paint over dust and debris and deliver the car with a so what attitude.

Ozstung

Sustaining Member
Western Sydney.
I'd get a pro paint job, but my luck I'd drive over hot asphalt and sling that shit all over the place......
Got to say the more i see those wheels the more i believe they suit your colour of car.