kia stinger store

2.0T Community Thread

7Andrei7

Bucharest, EU
I think there is some kind of bug in the regeneration software because once it starts it only stops at the next engine shutdown. At least this is what I've been able to observe. And during regeneration fuel consumption goes up by 1,5-2 litres / 100km.
At my next oil change I will make a formal complaint.. maybe they will do something.
Do you have the GPF in the US?

Alagos

Germany / Hannover
have you tried contacting head office as opposed to the dealer, or trying another dealer? here is the states, kia dealers are hit or miss. by a huge margin. either they are really helpful and caring or they are aloof and don't care.
Yup they told the dealer to try again - if it’s not possible to replicate I should get a data logger and drive myself around with that, but it happens as it was at the dealer and they could see that consumption goes up but also temperature. While cleaning the cruising / sailing won‘t turn on ... the manual says driving around 20 minutes at speed of 80 km/h ... that’s not easy to manage in one drive because even at Autobahn there are parts were you need to drive lower speeds.. but I did 2 times yesterday without shutting off... will see if that has helped today will test again ..

Alagos

Germany / Hannover
@Alagos I really hope it gets fixed! Did you ever get the GPF light come on? Also, have you tried any kind of additives in the fuel?
No Additives except Shell is adding them theirself - in Winter there are more additives I think.

no, the Lamp never went on, so it should be enough cleaned everytime but It feels like it’s cleaning every drive for now .. the longer the car stands, the more problems I have .. started with the end of my Holiday 2019. since 2020 first days the problems showed up, feels like it doesn’t like when it’s not driven daily ..

Isaias J

Newish Member
Canada too (there are only 3 trims in Canada anyway), but it's not explicitly stated anywhere. The manual does give instructions on how to do it, but it says something like "on applicable models"

I know the US has like 5 trims or something so it's possible the US 2.0 doesn't have it, but I'd still check; have a look in the manual or simply try to launch. I haven't tried to launch mine so I'm not sure if you get a message in the binnacle

Not sure if this was answered, But US 2.0L trims do have it. >> Hold the traction control button down for about 6 secs until traction AND stability (i believe) are BOTH disabled, place the car in sport, then initiate it with Foot on brake + Gas ... 2.0 takes off

Isaias J

Newish Member
I’m up in CT, so I’ve got the AWD Stinger. No issues keeping traction even with the increased HP/TQ :)

And the catback is still in the box right now.. I’m having it professionally installed in a week and half. Tapping into the fuse box isn’t something I would feel comfortable doing myself. I can not wait... it’s like being 10 again on Christmas Eve... I can’t even sleep lol

If you don't mind me asking , how much for the installation labor? Also did you ever come out with your video post all mods?

TStaino

Connecticut
If you don't mind me asking , how much for the installation labor? Also did you ever come out with your video post all mods?

I had the Catback (with electrical.. that adds more labor time than a typical Catback exhaust), the FMIC (with BOV), and the Velossa Tech Snorkel professionally installed. All together I think it was 5.5 hours and just under $700.

Everything else I installed myself.

And I posted a some videos in this thread of the exhaust with the valves open and closed to show the difference. That video has all the mods I did on my 2.0!

The video was taken with my iPhone 6, so the sound quality is far from great, but it sounded amazing in person.

My best 0-60 was just over 5.3 sec my best 1/4 mi time was just over 13.6 sec

DGambit

I had the Catback (with electrical.. that adds more labor time than a typical Catback exhaust), the FMIC (with BOV), and the Velossa Tech Snorkel professionally installed. All together I think it was 5.5 hours and just under $700.

Everything else I installed myself.

And I posted a some videos in this thread of the exhaust with the valves open and closed to show the difference. That video has all the mods I did on my 2.0!

The video was taken with my iPhone 6, so the sound quality is far from great, but it sounded amazing in person.

My best 0-60 was just over 5.3 sec my best 1/4 mi time was just over 13.6 sec

do you have a link or anything to the exhaust clips?

TStaino

Connecticut
I have this full exhaust system for sale right now if you’re anywhere near the northeast. I’ll meet you halfway even if we are hours away... I could use a nice long drive lol.

It was only on my car for like 300 miles before I garaged the car for the winter (never saw rain or snow at all) and then I traded in the 2.0 for a GTS in March.

These videos really don’t do the sound any justice... but I guess that’s what you get when you’re recording with an iPhone 6... not exactly made to record clear audio, but it’s all I got, so it will have to do.

Valves closed:

Valves open:

Mike_TX

Stinger Enthusiast
North Texas
The only mod I’ve got so far is a clear coat vinyl wrap on the paint. Should keep it nice and pretty for about 10 years. I hate clear coated paint.
Interesting about the wrap. Did you wrap the whole car? One reason I dislike black cars is the swirling that happens no matter how careful you are. I would think the wrap would take care of that.

How much did it cost to wrap it?

DGambit

Has anyone here used the JB4 mod? I’m curious to the results or if anyone did or has a before/after dyno and I’m curious how it affected the fuel economy and daily drivability of your Stinger.

TheBert

Newish Member
Hey everyone, figured this would be a good thread to ask this question. I've been doing my research on the Stinger 2.0T as it makes more economical sense. And in all honesty, it definitely has more than enough pep (especially compared to my current 2014 Focus). I've been debating if I should look at the new 2020 GT-Lines with the Sun and Sound package or at a CPO Premium Stinger. There's only one CPO Premium in my area, it has like 12,500 miles on it listed at $28,812. Are there major differences between the 2020s and 2018s?

I really prefer the Sun and Sound or Premium trims because of the upgraded sound system and sunroof. Does anyone have any feedback? I'm not in a rush to buy, as I'm still waiting to hear on my Focus settlement. Until that happens I'm stuck daydreaming and looking at potential mods to install!

Mesmorino

Hey everyone, figured this would be a good thread to ask this question. I've been doing my research on the Stinger 2.0T as it makes more economical sense. And in all honesty, it definitely has more than enough pep (especially compared to my current 2014 Focus). I've been debating if I should look at the new 2020 GT-Lines with the Sun and Sound package or at a CPO Premium Stinger. There's only one CPO Premium in my area, it has like 12,500 miles on it listed at $28,812. Are there major differences between the 2020s and 2018s?

I really prefer the Sun and Sound or Premium trims because of the upgraded sound system and sunroof. Does anyone have any feedback? I'm not in a rush to buy, as I'm still waiting to hear on my Focus settlement. Until that happens I'm stuck daydreaming and looking at potential mods to install!

I'm in Canada so the trims are different... I got a MY2019 2.0, but Kia also changed what's in each trim level for 2020 so you'd have to list what's in each level you're looking at. In my 2.0 I have wireless charging and (automatic) LED lights, but no upgraded sound system and no sunroof. If those are important to you then get it, but also see what else it has/doesn't have. I don't mind the audio in my car, it's just not bassy enough for me even though it has a subwoofer. But, when I turn the bass up and then turn the volume up, things start rattling. It's not bad by any means, it's just not premium.

I came from a 2014 Vauxhall/Opel Astra 1.4L Turbo and the 2.0 is plenty of power for me. Not only is it my daily driver, I'm also never going to take it to a track or race it. But it's still got enough legs to hold its own against everything up to a 4 Series. As for mods, I just want bigger air intakes and a bigger intercooler.

The only thing I would like from the 3.3 is the digital instrument cluster, the driving assists (LKA (Lane Keep Assist), ACC) and auto dimming sideview mirrors. Round here nobody knows how to drive and they all use full beams on all the time, and it's always the arseholes in trucks so the beams are in your line of sight and flood the whole cabin and you can't see anything in your mirrors.

Last edited:

TwiceStung

Stinger Enthusiast
NC

I have a 2018 Premium with just about every bell and whistle it could come with. Not a problem with it in nearly 12,000 miles. I agree, more than enough pep when needed. I would really get in trouble with the 3.3. "My" car is actually no longer made as it pre-dates the GT-line and silky silver has been dropped as a color. No more "premiums" will be made so if you want a Premium, they were only made in 2018 and 2019. I don't know if that price is good or not. If the car has everything on it like mine (sun and sound and all the safety stuff) and is "pristine" it's probably not too far off. I'd try to get it for 25-26k max. Heck, I'll sell you mine for $25k. Have been thinking of consolidating my 2003 Tundra and the Stinger into a new truck anyway to eliminate a vehicle.

TheBert

Newish Member
I'm in Canada so the trims are different... I got a MY2019 2.0, but Kia also changed what's in each trim level for 2020 so you'd have to list what's in each level you're looking at. In my 2.0 I have wireless charging and (automatic) LED lights, but no upgraded sound system and no sunroof. If those are important to you then get it, but also see what else it has/doesn't have. I don't mind the audio in my car, it's just not bassy enough for me even though it has a subwoofer. But, when I turn the bass up and then turn the volume up, things start rattling. It's not bad by any means, it's just not premium.

I came from a 2014 Vauxhall/Opel Astra 1.4L Turbo and the 2.0 is plenty of power for me. Not only is it my daily driver, I'm also never going to take it to a track or race it. But it's still got enough legs to hold its own against everything up to a 4 Series. As for mods, I just want bigger air intakes and a bigger intercooler.

The only thing I would like from the 3.3 is the digital instrument cluster, the driving assists (LKA (Lane Keep Assist) (Lane Keep Assist), ACC) and auto dimming sideview mirrors. Round here nobody knows how to drive and they all use full beams on all the time, and it's always the arseholes in trucks so the beams are in your line of sight and flood the whole cabin and you can't see anything in your mirrors.

The driver assists are not necessarily a necessity for me, I don't really need them but I wouldn't argue against them. I think some of the stylings are different, but most of the tech upgrades are similar. I know the Sun and Sound package adds the Harmon Kardon sound system, navigation (which with Android Auto it's a wash), and the LED lighting. I live about 2 hours outside of Chicago, so we have a lot of farm boys with their jacked-up trucks. So I feel your last comment haha Thanks for your input!

I have a 2018 Premium with just about every bell and whistle it could come with. Not a problem with it in nearly 12,000 miles. I agree, more than enough pep when needed. I would really get in trouble with the 3.3. "My" car is actually no longer made as it pre-dates the GT-line and silky silver has been dropped as a color. No more "premiums" will be made so if you want a Premium, they were only made in 2018 and 2019. I don't know if that price is good or not. If the car has everything on it like mine (sun and sound and all the safety stuff) and is "pristine" it's probably not too far off. I'd try to get it for 25-26k max. Heck, I'll sell you mine for $25k. Have been thinking of consolidating my 2003 Tundra and the Stinger into a new truck anyway to eliminate a vehicle.

Yeah gas mileage may be the least of my worries if I got the 3.3, even the 2.0T could cause issues haha. My Focus is sluggish. The only real reason I'm considering the Premium trim is since I could save some cash with the CPO options. But as I said, there's only one within 100 miles of me so the GT-Line may be the better option. I'm a sucker for the White color, I'm looking to move away from black because even in Illinois the inside gets rather hot. Thanks for your input!

Mesmorino

Yeah gas mileage may be the least of my worries if I got the 3.3, even the 2.0T could cause issues haha. My Focus is sluggish. The only real reason I'm considering the Premium trim is since I could save some cash with the CPO options. But as I said, there's only one within 100 miles of me so the GT-Line may be the better option. I'm a sucker for the White color, I'm looking to move away from black because even in Illinois the inside gets rather hot. Thanks for your input!

For mileage, I refuel about every two weeks, she drinks petrol like it's water. Coming from my 1.4L (where I refuelled once a month), it's taken some getting used to. Plus the tank feels small. I dunno if 60L is small for a 2L engine, but it feels small for this one. I can't imagine how thirsty the 3.3s are. On the other hand, the throttle response in eco mode is just too laggy for me so now I live permanently in comfort mode. I got the Thunder Grey, mostly because the only other Stinger on the lot was a Silver 3.3, to get a White 2.0 I would have had to wait 3 weeks for it to be shipped, and paid more.

The colour's grown on me but it does show up dirt super easily, it's annoying. Water marks, road spray, dust, everything. When she's clean she looks stunning. But that only lasts the first 5 mins of any drive. Not to mention, it gets super hot here too.

DGambit

I have a base with AWD and some other neat things that were added. I’ve had it for almost 2 months now and I love it. One thing I would’ve like was the premium sound system but it’s not a big deal for the amount I paid. I don’t prefer sunroofs all that much anyway so mine was perfect.

the 2.0t motor has a real good amount of pep to them and was more than enough for me, as cool as a 3.3tt would be it’s just added costs that I’m fine with not having since it’s my daily driver.

TwiceStung

Stinger Enthusiast
NC
The driver assists are not necessarily a necessity for me, I don't really need them but I wouldn't argue against them. I think some of the stylings are different, but most of the tech upgrades are similar. I know the Sun and Sound package adds the Harmon Kardon sound system, navigation (which with Android Auto it's a wash), and the LED lighting. I live about 2 hours outside of Chicago, so we have a lot of farm boys with their jacked-up trucks. So I feel your last comment haha Thanks for your input!

Mileage isn’t my worry either. I did just fill up today with a measured mpg of 30 with a combination of driving......like accelerating to 85 to merge onto a freeway around those who simply cannot grasp the concept of getting up to speed. Lol

TheBert

Newish Member
For mileage, I refuel about every two weeks, she drinks petrol like it's water. Coming from my 1.4L (where I refuelled once a month), it's taken some getting used to. Plus the tank feels small. I dunno if 60L is small for a 2L engine, but it feels small for this one. I can't imagine how thirsty the 3.3s are. On the other hand, the throttle response in eco mode is just too laggy for me so now I live permanently in comfort mode. I got the Thunder Grey, mostly because the only other Stinger on the lot was a Silver 3.3, to get a White 2.0 I would have had to wait 3 weeks for it to be shipped, and paid more.

The colour's grown on me but it does show up dirt super easily, it's annoying. Water marks, road spray, dust, everything. When she's clean she looks stunning. But that only lasts the first 5 mins of any drive. Not to mention, it gets super hot here too.

My black Focus is the same way. It's by no means an ugly car, but washed and waxed the black paint Ford used shines. But I work near a concrete plant and that lasts a whole 30 minutes haha I do like the grey too, definitely not opposed to it.