kia stinger store

2.0T Community Thread

renat2

Moscow, Russia
This is so funny... I mean, this whole thread is a bit funny to look at for a man who lives in Russia :)

Here in Russia, there are a few Stingers overall (around 2k sold total or so), and 95% of them sold are 2.0 version. This is mainly because of 2.0 version here has 247 HP and 3.3 version has 370 HP - and the annual tax rates for any car with engine power above 250 HP are large as hell :( The 3.3 version in Russia is really rare and suits only relatively rich driving enthusiasts, who can afford 1.5x fuel consumption (the gasoline fuel is really expensive here) and 4x annual tax rates if compared to much more popular 2.0 version.

I guess it is good to live in a country, where the tax rates are not dependent on the vehicle engine power, and the full gasoline 60 litres tank does not cost you 1\20 of your total monthly income...

Last edited:

eflyguy

2500 Posts Club!
Georgia, USA
I guess it is good to live in a country, where the tax rates are not dependent on the vehicle engine power, and the full gasoline 60 litres tank does not cost you 1\20 of your total montly income...

It is indeed. It was a factor in why I gave up my life, and started over by moving here almost 30 years ago.

Gargamel

Stinger Enthusiast
Sweden
This is so funny... I mean, this whole thread is a bit funny to look at for a man who lives in Russia :)

Here in Russia, there are a few Stingers overall (around 2k sold total or so), and 95% of them sold are 2.0 version. This is mainly because of 2.0 version here has 247 HP and 3.3 version has 370 HP - and the annual tax rates for any car with engine power above 250 HP are large as hell :( The 3.3 version in Russia is really rare and suits only relatively rich driving enthusiasts, who can afford 1.5x fuel consumption (the gasoline fuel is really expensive here) and 4x annual tax rates if compared to much more popular 2.0 version.

I guess it is good to live in a country, where the tax rates are not dependent on the vehicle engine power, and the full gasoline 60 litres tank does not cost you 1\20 of your total monthly income...

How much is gas per litre (like somewhat average). Preferable is Euro (or in desperate times, us dollahs)

VMPhil

hey guys. Long time lurker with a 2.0t. I have had it year completely stock. Coming from a WRX there were some modding foibles that I had not seen in the euro community. So I would like to know if anyone had tried 30% E85 with no tune.I have read some people running E30 in the turbo Optima but they were all tuned. Also, does an intake on the Stinger 2.0t require a tune?

mandasol

Cumming, GA
hey guys. Long time lurker with a 2.0t. I have had it year completely stock. Coming from a WRX there were some modding foibles that I had not seen in the euro community. So I would like to know if anyone had tried 30% E85 with no tune.I have read some people running E30 in the turbo Optima but they were all tuned. Also, does an intake on the Stinger 2.0t require a tune?

Intake doesn't require tune, though you probably won't see any improvement with just the intake.

Alex Roca

Hey guys, just installed the JB4 and it is quite the difference! I have an Injen air intake and a custom catback exhaust I got from Gexhaust (my local exhaust shop) and the JB4 really wakes the car up. I have been daily driving for about 4-5 days and did some WOT on map 1-2 and you can feel the power especially in the higher rpms. I decided to move up to map 3 after putting Torco octane booster and that really made great power in the whole rev range, did not think it would be this smooth let alone possible. If anyone is on the fence as I was about JB4 I would definitely say it is worth every cent. ( I also have the Bluetooth adapter which is really useful ) It really takes off, I tried to do some launches on my car on Map 2 and as my car is RWD my tires could not catch grip and spun through first and even through second! After a few launches I managed to find the "sweet spot" and man does this thing move! I have not gotten any numbers tested and do not plan too as I just got the JB4 for more grins when I'm on the road. Let me know if you have any questions.

Eric OHalloran

John's Creek, Ga.
I have had the JB4 for about 18 months. I daily drive on Map1 but when I feel like I need an adreneline boost I go Map 3. Ihave the injen intake and the throttle tuner so I am alway ready to race lol.I do not do it very often. I want to keep the wear and tear on the engine toa minimum. But if you dont let her hair down every so often, whats the point,.,

Alex Roca

I have had the JB4 for about 18 months. I daily drive on Map1 but when I feel like I need an adreneline boost I go Map 3. Ihave the injen intake and the throttle tuner so I am alway ready to race lol.I do not do it very often. I want to keep the wear and tear on the engine toa minimum. But if you dont let her hair down every so often, whats the point,.,
I completely agree!

monusa

I completely agree!
Hey guys, another 2.0 owner. 2018 rwd (blue one). Another fan of the JB4 but if you want to ensure the "livelyhood" of your engine, send a couple of logs to Terry@bms from time to time, especially if changing maps/fuel. Let his "expertise" guide you on getting the most out of the unit and keeping the engine safe. Making these comments because i didn't see anything about logs when using the different maps.

If you already have tuning experience, i apologize

There are actually a lot of 2.0 threads started but die off really quickly due to the inevitable "should have gotten a GT" comments by 3.3 owners (which I think there should be a rule against)

I started ignoring the 3.3 crowd long time ago because at the end of the day, it is my money.

Hey guys, just installed the JB4 and it is quite the difference! I have an Injen air intake and a custom catback exhaust I got from Gexhaust (my local exhaust shop) and the JB4 really wakes the car up. I have been daily driving for about 4-5 days and did some WOT on map 1-2 and you can feel the power especially in the higher rpms. I decided to move up to map 3 after putting Torco octane booster and that really made great power in the whole rev range, did not think it would be this smooth let alone possible. If anyone is on the fence as I was about JB4 I would definitely say it is worth every cent. ( I also have the Bluetooth adapter which is really useful ) It really takes off, I tried to do some launches on my car on Map 2 and as my car is RWD my tires could not catch grip and spun through first and even through second! After a few launches I managed to find the "sweet spot" and man does this thing move! I have not gotten any numbers tested and do not plan too as I just got the JB4 for more grins when I'm on the road. Let me know if you have any questions.
Alex.....i got the same experience with the JB4 installed just last week. I noticed you didn't mention new plugs in your mods, but hope you did, including the correct gap. With the JB4, the 2.0t charges hard now. I haven't done the fuel control yet. Map 2 is smooth with jet-like acceleration with zero lag between shifts. Map 3 seems to be a more brutal feel with insane acceleration and pull (sorry....still in JB4 honeymoon phase and divorce from Racechip RS). Map 3 Dyno of 263 peak whp with 287 peak wtq just over 4000 rpm is a huge jump over stock. As MONUSA mentioned, get the logs to Terry @BMS just to be safe. I'm working on my logs now.