kia stinger store

2.0T Community Thread

Fastfreddy711

Hello fellow 2L Owners!

There seem to be very few of us (at least comparatively to 3.3TT owners) on this forum, so I wanted to start a thread specifically for us.

Who else owns a 2L Stinger? And what mods (if any) have you done?

I will kick us off..

Car:
-2019 Kia Stinger AWD Base Model w/ Sun & Sound Package
-Aurora Black Pearl w/ Black Leather Interior
-Stinger All Weather Rubber Floor Mats

Installed Mods:
-JB4 with Fuel Control Wire
-BMS Pedal Tuner
-K&N Typhoon Performance Intake System
-HKS M45XL Spark Plugs Gapped @ .022”
-BMS Oil Catch Can
-BMS Billet Aluminum Strut Braces (Black)
-Auto Dimming Mirror w/ HomeLink & Compass

Purchased Mods (installing soon):
-Velossa Tech Big Mouth Ram Air Intake (Black/Black)
-Maintec Performance Intercooler Kit

Seriously Considering Mods:
-Jun BL EVC Catback Exhaust System
With this setup, What was rhe map you used the most and what octane fuel? or fuel boosters?..

Deviate

Stinger Enthusiast
Venice, Florida
2021 GT Line 2.0 AWD Ceramic Silver zero mods, yet.
Sun and sound package.
Will be doing intake and exhaust still researching products and prices.
Welcome

kia stinger badges
Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Stinger? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

Deviate

Stinger Enthusiast
Venice, Florida
Nah...ive already started sinking cash into mine. And i love my ride. But i may go play shopper just to drive it

new kia badge emblem logo
The best place to buy Kia Stinger modifications is at KDM Warehouse dot com! The official store of Kia Stinger dot com...
Welcome. Who is waiting on a test drive with the 2.5?
I'm looking forward to meeting one at a stop light. I can't wait to surprise the driver with 263 whp on JB4 map 3 (337 hp). I haven't dyno'd my car on Map 5.....but butt dyno tells me I'm around 350 hp or more....which is pretty close to stock GT. No need for me to test drive the 2.5t.

Last edited:

Fastfreddy711

I'm looking forward to meeting one at a stop light. I can't wait to surprise the driver with 263 whp on JB4 map 3 (337 hp). I haven't dyno'd my car on Map 5.....but butt dyno tells me I'm around 350 hp or more....which is pretty close to stock GT. No need for me to test drive the 2.5t.
Hey William, Does the 2021 Stinger 2.5 have 305HP but only 263 to the wheels? Also what other mods do you have to reach 350hp? Just JB4? what kind of gas do you use gas boosters? Boostane?? Pretty impressive if so!!

M
Hey William, Does the 2021 Stinger 2.5 have 305HP but only 263 to the wheels? Also what other mods do you have to reach 350hp? Just JB4? what kind of gas do you use gas boosters? Boostane?? Pretty impressive if so!!
My last dyno was 263 whp on JB4 map 3. Hks plugs, injen intake, racing custom catback exhaust and racechip XLR throttle controller. Shell 93 gas with boostane is about it. Every so often, I've run on map 5 which is noticeably more than map 3. Will get a dyno using map 5 down the road.

Fastfreddy711

Ok i
M

My last dyno was 263 whp on JB4 map 3. Hks plugs, injen intake, racing custom catback exhaust and racechip XLR throttle controller. Shell 93 gas with boostane is about it. Every so often, I've run on map 5 which is noticeably more than map 3. Will get a dyno using map 5 down the road.
got my HKS plugs today. Fitting them tommorrow..only thing I have is JB4 and the XLR throttle control on mine, but io also just got it 2 months ago! Thinking about the exhaust. not sure yet..May just want to keep it like it is for a bit, then just get the V6..Then start moding heavily..not sure yet!!

The best place to buy Kia Stinger modifications is at KDM Warehouse dot com! The official store of Kia Stinger dot com...

monusa

Stinger Enthusiast
I am, I practically have cash in hand. they're a little slow hitting the east coast....
Same feeling here. I have found a couple dealers with GT2's but no 2.5's. They are probably slow on the draw with the 2.5's so they can try to move as many of the GT/GT2's as possible. I speculate, that once the 2.5's hit the lots, demand for the 3.3 is going to slow down considerably. Some don't think so but for 6 - 8 grand less, you can add an exhaust/intake and be in the ballpark HP-wise to the 3.3 and that is even before BMS rolls out the updated JB4!!!!

I just hope this move doesn't end up going "south" for the Stinger.

Fastfreddy711

Same feeling here. I have found a couple dealers with GT2's but no 2.5's. They are probably slow on the draw with the 2.5's so they can try to move as many of the GT/GT2's as possible. I speculate, that once the 2.5's hit the lots, demand for the 3.3 is going to slow down considerably. Some don't think so but for 6 - 8 grand less, you can add an exhaust/intake and be in the ballpark HP-wise to the 3.3 and that is even before BMS rolls out the updated JB4!!!!

Whats this "updated JB4" All about..is it a new unit or will my JB4 get this update and what is in the update?

Yes...i believe that the 2.5 will sell well vs the Stinger GTs but it may compete closer to the K5 GT. With only around 10 or so HP separating the 2, it may come down to styling preference. And yes....both cars with mods and JB4 will
probably match a stock GT Stinger. I'm almost there wirh the 2.0t starting from 255hp.

monusa

Stinger Enthusiast
Whats this "updated JB4" All about..is it a new unit or will my JB4 get this update and what is in the update?
I would think that at a minimum, the current unit would need a firmware update or "flash" to accommodate the new engine. Sure the basics will function the same but I am sure the 2.5 will have some ECU differences that will have to be programmed in the jb4.

Yes...i believe that the 2.5 will sell well vs the Stinger GTs but it may compete closer to the K5 GT
You are right. performance wise, they will be "direct" competitors but I am thinking of the buyers that are specifically looking for a Stinger and once they test drive both, may feel the extra 60 hp may not be worth the additional 6 - 8K difference in price especially when you could just add $500 and make up the HP difference with a JB4. It was a lot easier to justify the cost difference for an additional 110HP.

SteveTheGopher

HELLO IM NEW TO THE CAR COMMUNITY I BOUGHT A 2020 GT LINE 2.0 STINGER AND WAS WONDERING IF YOU GUYS HAD ANY SUGGESTIONS ON WHAT I SHOULD GET FOR MY FIRST MOD I HAVE NO IDEA ON WHAT I SHOULD START WITH.
THANKS !

Fastfreddy711

JB
HELLO IM NEW TO THE CAR COMMUNITY I BOUGHT A 2020 GT LINE 2.0 STINGER AND WAS WONDERING IF YOU GUYS HAD ANY SUGGESTIONS ON WHAT I SHOULD GET FOR MY FIRST MOD I HAVE NO IDEA ON WHAT I SHOULD START WITH.
THANKS !
JB4 for sure!! It will give you the most HP for the cost!!..Im still testing mine. just put some HKS plugs in yesterday..

Deviate

Stinger Enthusiast
Venice, Florida
THANKS !
Welcome

Ok i

got my HKS plugs today. Fitting them tommorrow..only thing I have is JB4 and the XLR throttle control on mine, but io also just got it 2 months ago! Thinking about the exhaust. not sure yet..May just want to keep it like it is for a bit, then just get the V6..Then start moding heavily..not sure yet!!
If you decide to go with additional mods...a full catback race exhaust and reputable Air Intake will make the best out of your JB4....especially if using Map 3 & 5. My mods alone added 26 whp. Just today on Map 3....i did two runs (finally getting use to launch control)....my best was 4.9sec 0-60. If i had to purchase a Stinger today, it would be the 2.5t as I'm sure that the JB4 for it could get close to 400hp at the crank. Screenshot_20210410-085020_Drag Racer.jpg

SOCAL2.0

My 2018 Premium is a delight as a daily driver and as a GT car for longer trips. Leasing till next May so no mods. Not sure what I will do in May 2022 I only have 19000 miles so I might buy it back but that 2.5 new motor is so tempting.