Hey! I see you! Please take two seconds to sign up! We'd love to have you as a member of our Kia Stinger club. You have nothing to lose and so much to gain... :)

The Official Stinger Feature Wishlist

Discussion in 'Open Letters to Kia Motors' started by MikeyCanuck, Sep 20, 2018.

1. CaliSting

CaliSting United States Stinger Enthusiast

dear Kia

I have been thinking a lot about this. Shooting brake styled Stinger GT with a V8. Mmmmmm

2. Soca Boy

Soca Boy Canada 1000 Posts Club!

-Wireless Apple CarPlay
    -Make so that waze/google maps/apple maps navigation show up on the HUD
    -Faster UVO
    -ambient lighting for rear
    -Korean cup holder cover
    -Electric Stinger

• Like Like x 1
  3. GenesisG70

GenesisG70 United States 1000 Posts Club!

Agreed add a second electric engine like the BMW i8.

4. MikeyCanuck

MikeyCanuck Canada Active Member

Another thing my 2012 Focus does... when you unlock doors from inside car while it is running it will illuminate the puddle lights allowing your future passenger to see the ground nicely... why can't our Stinger do this too?

5. Kimberly Lazarski

Kimberly Lazarski United States Member

I have a long list:

UVO Link in USA, please!
    Android Auto next turn display in HUD
    Tach in HUD, with shift light
    NO polarizing filter in HUD, or at least orient the filter on all displays in the car to work properly with polarized sunglasses
    NO speed limiter (let it be power/drag or redline limited, not some arbitrary cutoff speed; some of us may want to do an open road race event like Big Bend)
    Rear LSD (Limited Slip Differential) in AWD models
    UVO Link in USA please!
    Adjustable limited-slip center diff/transfer case (see: c.diff in WRX STI)
    Proper boost gauge
    Headlight leveler in US market (be the trailblazer here!)
    Rear fog lights in US market (most won't know what it's for but I love that feature in Saabs and BMWs)
    UVO Link in USA please!
    Reclining seatbacks for back seats (see: Subaru Forester back seats; they recline!)
    Stiffer swaybars as an option
    Better utilization of the adaptive suspension (See: ECS10)
    3D gauges in US model please!
    Widescreen infotainment display (so I can use AA's new widescreen UI)
    UVO Link in USA please!
    MUCH MOAR POWER! (Stinger GT-R? Americans want more power!)
    Open airbox (I want to hear those turbines spool up!)
    EVC exhaust in US models please!
    Extend ambient lighting to under seats and back seat armrests!
    Larger shift paddles!
    Harder brake pads. We don't care about brake noise in our sportscars. We do hate pulsating glazed brakes that are prone to fade!
    Drift mode for GT2!
    FM+HD radio pause/"rewind" buffer (see: Subaru's head units)
    Better speakers not just HK labels slapped on cheap drivers!
    Flex fuel capable
    Screen or mesh to keep stones out of the brake vents, intercooler
    Functional hood vents (why not let the leverage airflow over the hood for scavenging to help improve under-hood cooling?)
    CD player OR support for lossless media files
    MirrorLink support
    XPel Ultimate paint protection option
    Insulate ductwork under center console (or at least under the phone charger)
    Wireless android auto support
    Quickcharge and/or PD USB ports
    TWO USB ports up front
    At least one USB port in the console storage compartment

Did I mention UVO Link in USA please?

• Like Like x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. westcoastGT

westcoastGT 5000 Posts Club!

I'll bet Kia would pay you NOT to buy a Stinger ..........................:whistle::whistle::whistle:

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Kimberly Lazarski

Kimberly Lazarski United States Member

Looking at your post history, well... your opinion isn't worth taking into consideration.

BTW clicking disagree on my post was the very definition of irony, considering:

Black Friday Sales?

..here's what I would say to you on that , I dont leave "X Disagree" ratings on peoples posts without stating why , you seem to use this rating pretty freely without supporting your position for why you give it ? .................... I call things the way I see them ................:) .......lets all try to get along .OK
    You seem to be the board troll.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. westcoastGT

westcoastGT 5000 Posts Club!

I did support my X with an opinion, you've done a very good job of hi liting the issues of why the Stinger likely isnt the right car for you , and while I think your response post was going for a bit of humour , so was mine .............all good :)

Last edited: Dec 4, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. G-860774

G-860774 Guest

How about brakes that don't pulse. I can embed them over and over and I only wear out brake pad and the pulsing comes back. I can't believe nobody else has brought this up. Also anti lock braking is useless in snow. I want to turn it off. My problems with the suspension were fixed with an overnight software update Oct 2018. We have full connectivity in Canada. I recognized another software update in October 2019 that is far more subtle, but undeniable. Sport mode is perfect now in terms of transmission and suspension. I'd still like a supersport mode that goes full stiff on suspension and simultaneously turns off traction and stability functions. Oh yeah. An higher boost for more thrill and 415 HP.

10. Ruturaj

Ruturaj United States 1000 Posts Club!

Because pulsing brakes is not lack of a feature. it's a problem.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. namja

namja Active Member Sustaining Member +

FAQ: Vibration under braking: warped rotors? NO! ?

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Jklotz

Jklotz United States Member

My Mazda had a feature I loved. Upon exiting the car and closing the door, there was a beep. 20 seconds later it would beep again letting you know it auto locked the car. No button push required. Of course auto lock could be defeated in the settings, but very few folks would. How awesome is that? Get out, close door , hear beep and be in your way. I really miss that feature.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. SafetyPilotCal

SafetyPilotCal Member

I would also like the "put your hand in the door handle and the door automatically unlocks". Some of the most garbage cars I've rented do that now. I assume it's part of the "build to a price point" thing, but still. I'd much rather have that than the stupid auto opening hatch.

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. agreif

agreif United States New Member

THIS!! My 2008 CTS operates the same way, it's something I never thought would be any other way. you have an ambient sensor, use it to activate either the heat or AC depending on what the temp says.

15. MerlintheMad

MerlintheMad United States 10000 Posts Club!

I have that: I reach without thinking for the heated seat switch when my Butt Sensor signals to me that I want it. :)

• Funny Funny x 2
  16. agreif

agreif United States New Member

Hahah, fair, but it's nicer to come to your car and to already have the seat toasty!

• Useful Useful x 1
  17. Blingen

Blingen United States Newish Member

My Charger RT had that. If I used the remote start it would activate a comfort setting. When it was cold out the seat heater, rear defroster, and steering wheel heater would turn on. When it was hot out the seat ventilation fan would turn on and th AC would go to max setting for the fan. Once you opened the door, the AC would go back to what you had it set at before.. oh yeah...it also had heated and cooled cup holders you could activate.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Kato_the_kia_stinger

Kato_the_kia_stinger Stinger Enthusiast

• Like Like x 1
  19. Ozstung

Ozstung Australia 2500 Posts Club! Sustaining Member

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Kato_the_kia_stinger

Kato_the_kia_stinger Stinger Enthusiast

Korea got it right! I’m glad that this is on its way to the US, finally. Hopefully, you guys get it by you!

• Agree Agree x 1
Draft saved Draft deleted