Hey! I see you! Please take two seconds to sign up! We'd love to have you as a member of our Kia Stinger club. You have nothing to lose and so much to gain... :)

The Official Stinger Feature Wishlist

Discussion in 'Open Letters to Kia Motors' started by MikeyCanuck, Sep 20, 2018.

1. Enjay

Enjay Australia Newish Member

I have added a dash cam to my car but fail to understand why kia can't come uo with a software fix to use the 360° camera system already fitted to the car as a dash cam

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  2. stung cb

stung cb United States Active Member

Replace UVO with Hyundai's Bluelink. Now that I've owned both, Bluelink and Hyundai's navigation is far superior. I can't believe KIA doesn't have Google Maps in their navigation. Voice command for Kia navigation is pretty much useless.

• Like Like x 1
  3. MerlintheMad

MerlintheMad United States 10000 Posts Club!

I've never tried it. The only use I've put voice command to is to make phone calls from the contact list. It does that okay.

4. stung cb

stung cb United States Active Member

Give it a shot with your Stinger. Navigation is good stuff. Kia navigation is just more primitive than others.

5. Lawrence Williams

Lawrence Williams United States Active Member

I've only used nav a few times.....I love the fact I can add the destination while enroute....my wife's 2018 expedition requires that you are in park. The vividness of the screen , Roadway and exits are also clear

6. Alagos

Alagos Germany Active Member

Hm.. again HeadUp with other navigations ..
    I had seen in Europe / Germany UVO Connect and Kia Live will come to new models - Stinger Wasnt listed i guess it comes 2021 oder later in the end of 2020
    and I bet selling and buying a new one is needed ... i would like to add it to my car :(

7. Lawrence Williams

What year and trim do you have?

8. Alagos

2.0 GT-Line 2019

9. Lawrence Williams

Not familiar with features of that Trim......but in the back of the owner's manual, I found the SD card that the dealer NEVER informed me about!

Slot on the info cluster beneath the info screen is where it slides into..... no subscription and works easily!

10. Lawrence Williams

Just looked it up.....no sunroof or Nav....sorry

11. Alagos

Im confused of the answers .. sorry ^^
    I have that card and I have navigation... sunroof I haven’t ordered.. rest is almost the same as a GT2
    just less power, only RWD, no Brembos and other leather Type.
    HeadUp ist just working with the internal navi, not with google maps - so.. that’s my wish
    And the second one is getting UVO Connect also, but that won’t happen without buying a new model

• Informative Informative x 1
  12. Lawrence Williams

Gotcha ......UVO not available in the States for some reason....yeah my Google map works only when I connect via wire my note 8 phone, so I'm ok with stock nav....works pretty well!

13. Pnbnationsbest

Pnbnationsbest United States Stinger Enthusiast

I'm easy to please...LET ME LOCK THE DOOR WITH THE CAR ON!

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. Luc343

Luc343 Australia Member

It would be great if I could open the boot lid without having to turn the car off.

When I drive the kids to school they put their bags into the boot. When I get to school, I have to switch the car off just to get their bags out of the boot.

• Informative Informative x 1
  15. Lawrence Williams

The

16. Lawrence Williams

Then you don't have a GT2/limited?

17. Luc343

Luc343 Australia Member

Would be great if Google Maps was built into the infotainment system.

Using a USB cable along with Android Auto is really painful!

I have read there are some wireless dongles, but they seem to have their own issues.

Not sure why google Maps is not build in already? All that we should need to do is set an Android phone to be a wireless hot-spot to provide internet to the infotainment system and Bob is your uncle. Surely that can not be that hard.

Is it just a case that they want to sell us Maps? Is that why they do not do this?

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. westcoastGT

westcoastGT 5000 Posts Club!

All the comments about "fake vents" is funny considering EVERY car maker does the same thing even Lambo's , get over it !

Last edited: Mar 29, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  19. Luc343

Luc343 Australia Member

I have 2020 Stinger GT Carbon Edition. There are no GT2 or Limited editions in Australia. What year is the GT2?

20. Lawrence Williams

Gotcha.....
    The GT2 in the States has been around since inception.....top of the line with all the goodies, starting in 2019 they added HUD, 360 camera, heated/cooled seating, heated steering wheel, heated rear seats, sunroof, drive by wire transmission etc, etc .....power liftgate too

Draft saved Draft deleted