Hey! I see you! Please take two seconds to sign up! We'd love to have you as a member of our Kia Stinger club. You have nothing to lose and so much to gain... :)

The Official Stinger Feature Wishlist

Discussion in 'Open Letters to Kia Motors' started by MikeyCanuck, Sep 20, 2018.

1. MikeyCanuck

MikeyCanuck Canada Active Member

I've had my Stinger for over 9 months now and I still smile when I drive it! However, no car is perfect... This thread is for listing our desired features that are missing on our beloved GT. Try to keep each post to a single feature wish or change and please agree or disagree with those that you see! Maybe Kia will listen!

2. MikeyCanuck

MikeyCanuck Canada Active Member

I would like the lane keep button to toggle through the modes as you push it instead of having to set your desired mode while you are parked! So it would be Off -> Standard LKA (Lane Keep Assist) -> Active LKA (Lane Keep Assist)... simple!

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Allmanb

Allmanb United States Member

It would be nice to disable to auto brights for the headlights. Mine like to flash people sometimes and pushing it forward twice to bypass it gets annoying

• Like Like x 1
  4. Ruturaj

Ruturaj India Active Member

Nice to have remote and HVAC control from the phone for the USA as rest of the world.

5. MerlintheMad

MerlintheMad United States 2500 Posts Club!

Not really a Stinger thing, per se: but the stereo will not play seamless tacks without inserting a c. half to one second pause between tracks. So music I've been listening to for decades now has pauses where none have ever been. Grrr!

Stinger related: I would like the drive mode to stay where I used it last when I start up next time.

I would like to see how much of the power is going to the front and rear wheels displayed with the drive mode. Or even have it a selection (probably redundant though, since the drive modes include power to front and rear already).

I can probably think of more later.

6. Socalstinga

Socalstinga United States Active Member

I would like to be able to lock my damn door from outside while the car is running... my MBZ and G37 both can lock from outside w/ the engine running so long as the key isn’t inside the car

• Agree Agree x 4
  7. tofu

tofu Canada Active Member

Honestly all just nitpicks, but:
    • LTE instead of 3G for UVO
    • Decoupled firmware updates from map updates
    • Touch sensors instead of buttons on doors for lock/unlock
    • Soft padding by knees
    • Better looking steering wheel airbag plastic cover / bottom shiny black plastic part
    • Grocery bag hooks in the trunk
    • Nicer infotainment UI?

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  8. MerlintheMad

Add: ISG (Idle Stop and Go) in the default DISABLED position, instead of having to turn it off every time you start up.

• Agree Agree x 4
  9. Stingkia

Stingkia United States Member

Make the ISG (Idle Stop and Go) default mode off. What a pain to have to always manually depress ISG (Idle Stop and Go) to off every time you drive.
    Hoping someone will come up with a fix for this.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. haveyoumetcp

haveyoumetcp United States New Member

Won't try to mention previous items. I've only had my Stinger for 2 weeks, so here's some initial thoughts.
    • All windows had auto up/down
    • Keyless entry on all 4 doors (with just a touch and not a button)
    • Better looking engine cover (Turbo? haha. At least do Twin Turbo or 3.3TT)
    • Ability to fold down rear headsets to have better rear view visibility
    • Mesh inserts in the brake air ducts to not potentially have rock chips on door
    • Map/firmware updates via WiFi
    • Hold unlock button on remote to roll windows down/hold lock button on remote to roll windows up
    • Customizable RPM for launch control

Last edited: Oct 6, 2018
    • Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. NickUK

NickUK United Kingdom Member

auto hold on as standard
    slightly less bright screen at night (especially when changing radio station or adjusting the climate control)
    design the trunk lid better - when opening the trunk after it's been raining, the water drips slightly inside onto your luggage

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. AV8R

AV8R Australia 2500 Posts Club! Staff Member Authorized Vendor Moderator

13. AV8R

AV8R Australia 2500 Posts Club! Staff Member Authorized Vendor Moderator

• Like Like x 1
  14. Metalmania82

Metalmania82 United States Active Member

-Bigger screen, left to right. The one in the GT reminds me of the first iPads with a case. Small screen, big bulky packaging.
    -Less wheel gap
    -Wider wheels on the GT, at least a 235 all around

15. MerlintheMad

Water only drips onto my bumper, unless there is a breeze at your back, of course. I don't see how a redesign would solve this unless the trunk lid didn't open as far, which would of course produce worse problems by getting in the way.

16. MerlintheMad

Tougher paint. The thickness isn't the problem.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  17. Stingkia

Stingkia United States Member

I absolutely HATE the idle/stop/go feature. You have to remember to defeat it every time you start the car. Kia should make OFF the default position with ISG (Idle Stop and Go).

• Agree Agree x 3
  18. eflyguy

eflyguy United States 1000 Posts Club! Staff Member Moderator

With wired Car-Play, the gaps are gone! I hate having to plug in but am happy to not have the gaps again.

Will never happen (in the US), EPA rules. Someone did find that if you wedge something in to keep the button down, it will stay off. Also if you have less pressure on the brake pedal as you stop, if won't trigger. Personally, I hated it on my ex's car and a colleagues SUV, but find it very unobtrusive on the Stinger. I rarely turn it off.

I too wish the screen and dash could be dimmer.

You can "program" the hatch opening height, if you don't need all that room, that helps.

19. Ucinn

Ucinn United States Stinger Enthusiast Sustaining Member

There is a brightness adjustment for the display.

20. MerlintheMad

That has nothing to do with listening to USB drive sourced files, though, is that right? There is never going to be a way to get the gaps gone while listening to my ripped CDs on USB.

Draft saved Draft deleted