Hey! I see you! Please take two seconds to sign up! We'd love to have you as a member of our Kia Stinger club. You have nothing to lose and so much to gain... :)

Poll - Stinger Owner Initial Quality

Discussion in 'Kia Stinger Talk' started by corradoMR2, Feb 15, 2018.

Have You Noticed any Quality Issues and if so From which Category(ies)?

1. Yes - Exterior Fit and Finish

40 vote(s)
    16.9%
  2. Yes - Interior Fit and Finish

21 vote(s)
    8.9%
  3. Yes - Squeaks and/or Rattles

69 vote(s)
    29.2%
  4. Yes - Noise Vibration Harshness

19 vote(s)
    8.1%
  5. Yes - Electrical

5 vote(s)
    2.1%
  6. Yes - Mechanical

13 vote(s)
    5.5%
  7. Yes - Technology

35 vote(s)
    14.8%
  8. Yes - Other

13 vote(s)
    5.5%
  9. No - Car is perfect!

107 vote(s)
    45.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. MerlintheMad

MerlintheMad United States 2500 Posts Club!

I don't know. But that is how I understand the mix: real leather "trim" where you sit, synthetic everywhere else. So the bolsters get the drubbing because they are in the way, and they are not leather.

Back there somewhere (maybe even on a different thread), someone asserted that synthetic is tougher than leather, which I called out. Leather is tougher than any synthetic pretending to "be" leather. It wears better too, while it is slowly wearing out. There is no applied "leatherette" surface to scuff through to the underlayer. Leather can be snagged or scratched or scored or torn, but it is leather all the way through (no duh); it can be revitalized with treatment, and the damage can be minimized. Not so with synthetic: once worn through, all you can do is keep applying some colorization to make it less noticeable. But you can never restore the surface where it has gone through.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. FitR6

FitR6 Australia Active Member

Have only had my a Stinger a week. Have a slight rattle on passenger side door. As yet cannot pinpoint exactly where. And as many others have found, my wireless charging pad got really hot, even when I turned it off. Luckily the guys here told me what do with the back vents so that I was able to control it for now.

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. CanukStinger

CanukStinger Canada Newish Member

I've had my Stinger GT Limited for a few weeks now. I'm getting some odd tech behaviors (I've seen some here, not all):
    • Audio centre point moving from the middle of the car towards the back (has happened 3x now). Possibly after using Android Auto - needs further testing
    • Blind Spot Warning complains that something is blocking it from time to time and errors out, turning off. This is intermittent. Not sure if it has something to do with the tinted back & hatch windows?
    • Blind Spot Warning went off on the left side, when no cars were there. Stayed on for ~10 secs, turned off, then back on again for 10 secs or so then turned off for good. Not sure if this was a result of getting my car ceramic coating recently???

Sounds like I need to bring it in....

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Ozstung

Ozstung Australia 1000 Posts Club! Sustaining Member

Strange, briefly heard something similar for points 2 & 3 after someone had washed their car and water penetrated areas.

5. FitR6

I've noticed the driver trip metre resets more often than it should. I have changed the settings to reset when refuelling but that is not what's happening.

It also appears the handbreak isn't engaging properly... I put the car into park, apply the handbrake, then when I take my foot off the brake there is still a little roll back that is happening.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. AV8R

AV8R Australia 2500 Posts Club! Staff Member Authorized Vendor Moderator

7. FitR6

Again you aren't listening Yoda lol I've changed it in the settings and it still resets automatically when I leave the car

8. AV8R

9. FitR6

Thanks for letting me know handbrake is normal.

10. AV8R

11. FitR6

I am checking both trip screens, Accumulated and drive info. Is that what you mean? I have set the drive info screen to reset the trip metre after refuelling but it doesn't do that.

12. OliverNuther

OliverNuther Australia Stinger Enthusiast

Use the force.........

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. AV8R

14. Tobstertx3

Tobstertx3 United States Active Member Texas Stinger Swarm

Check this out
    PS573: Sound Settings (Fader) Moves To Rear

15. FitR6

I have looked. That's all I can find! Lol.

16. AV8R

17. MerlintheMad

MerlintheMad United States 2500 Posts Club!

I noticed this too and was confused by it. It's simple: in settings you are setting the Fuel Economy screen, not the Drive Info screen. The Accumulated Info is reset by you by holding OK until it resets (c. three seconds). The settings are for Fuel Eco only. The Drive Info screen resets itself after four hours, automatically. We have no control over that one. Of course, we can reset any of the three at any time by holding OK for three seconds.

• Like Like x 1
  18. AV8R

19. FitR6

Thank you. :thumbup:

20. K-Rock

K-Rock Canada Member

Just had a clip pop out of the sunroof deflector. Easy fix for the dealer, didn't even need a new part. Hope it holds.

Draft saved Draft deleted