kia stinger store

What did you pay for your Kia Stinger?

carsrmilife

Brighton, MI
I got mine a little under MSRP, after incentives. I didn't get what I wanted for my trade though, sadly. But mine and the other Stingers at the dealer were all listed above MSRP.

One thing that might come into play as far as the price goes, is if they in fact don't produce the Stinger after 2022. All those people holding out for pricing to come back down, could face even higher price gouging. Or it could go down like the Chevy SS and have a decent discount, to flush out the product. I suppose time will tell.

JSolo

Chicago
^^I'm in a metro area and between 2015/6 and now, can probably count on one hand how many SS's i've actually seen on the road. The US market is just hellbent on suv's and cheaper commuter cars. Niche cars do exist but are greatly in the minority. Niche sedans are just that.

ecapskcab

Louisiana
It looks like a lot of people got some pretty dang good deals. While a GT2 is incredibly nice, I am happy I did opt for the GT1 and not a GT Line. I put 20k down on the deal and was able to get out the door with $15 dollars over MSRP. The color combination I was looking for was incredibly difficult to find and the only other one I was able to locate in the US was in California, which was a GT2 and AWD for about $15k over what I paid.

JSolo

Chicago
^^Hard to compare OTD prices with tax rates being so different among different states and even same states different registration zip codes.

Here in Crook county, IL it's 8%, 9 or 9.25% if you live in chicago proper. Elsewhere much less I'm sure. What is it Louisiana?

ecapskcab

Louisiana
^^Hard to compare OTD prices with tax rates being so different among different states and even same states different registration zip codes.

Here in Crook county, IL it's 8%, 9 or 9.25% if you live in chicago proper. Elsewhere much less I'm sure. What is it Louisiana?
Unfortunately, I had to fly out of state to purchase my vehicle. I purchased in Texas to be exact. The sales tax is 6.25% and increased the price by roughly $2k. The local dealers in LA wanted anywhere from a 5k-10k dealer mark up. The reasoning being chips. I simply wasn't interested in paying those types of prices for a new car. A 300 airline ticket beats 5-10k in additional expenses.

Robilar

Hell that's low. We pay 13% here...

ecapskcab

Louisiana

@ecapskcab Must of been a low price to come in at msrp OTD.

I looked back over the price sheet.

Dealer Discount - $1700
Kia Factory Discounts - $1900

It evened back out with

Sales Tax - $2640
Doc Fee - $150
TX Registration - $95
Non Tax fee - $201

They give dealer discount but they finance through Kia. I assume they get the kick back for the loans. After some back and forth I was able to secure the little bit of financing I wanted with my selected credit union.

JSolo

Chicago
Nice to see some dealers are still "dealing" and not charging $$$$$ over msrp (some local toyota joints are $10K over msrp on some cars).

My deal included a rebate but required financing at standard rates. They offered me 5%, took it, refi'd literally the next day.

What is non tax fee?

ecapskcab

Louisiana
Nice to see some dealers are still "dealing" and not charging $$$$$ over msrp (some local toyota joints are $10K over msrp on some cars).

My deal included a rebate but required financing at standard rates. They offered me 5%, took it, refi'd literally the next day.

What is non tax fee?
Your question is as good as mine. Another tacked on admin fee most likely. Also, I stand corrected it was $38 over msrp out the door. They "dealed" with me but made it a complete pain. Luckily I did everything over the phone so when I arrived, I did a test drive, walk around, a sign the papers and I was out the door within an hour. I've bought cars in the past and it was nightmare fuel.

Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Stinger? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

JSolo

Chicago
Your post prompted me to look closely at my numbers. I came in at ~$1700 over msrp otd. Keep in mind higher tax rates, $300 doc fee, and there were some incentives I didn't qualify for. Pre TTL price was ~$3K below msrp. The 3 points saved on interest amount to ~$1500 over the course of the loan. I doubt the dealer will be getting any kick back for the loan given it was active for barely a week. They also lost their tacked on profit to the loan.

1631198250164.png

1631198346437.png

ecapskcab

Louisiana
Your post prompted me to look closely at my numbers. I came in at ~$1700 over msrp otd. Keep in mind higher tax rates, $300 doc fee, and there were some incentives I didn't qualify for. Pre TTL price was ~$3K below msrp. The 3 points saved on interest amount to ~$1500 over the course of the loan. I doubt the dealer will be getting any kick back for the loan given it was active for barely a week. They also lost their tacked on profit to the loan.

View attachment 62780

View attachment 62781
Yes sir. That is how I feel about them. The nickel and dime is at an all new level these days. To think these were the guys who were willing to work with me. Damn dealerships in LA are crooks and thiefs with their 10k market adjustment.

zetatai

Seems to me, in totaling up the price, you should not include the sales tax. As mentioned repeatedly, the rate varies drastically state to state and just screws up any sales price comparison. You can't hold Kia, or the dealer accountable for it... it's on the government; a whole other scam!

ecapskcab

Louisiana
Seems to me, in totaling up the price, you should not include the sales tax. As mentioned repeatedly, the rate varies drastically state to state and just screws up any sales price comparison. You can't hold Kia, or the dealer accountable for it... it's on the government; a whole other scam!
Ok, with those parameters, I paid $42,152 for a 2022 Kia Stinger GT1 RWD. 3k below MSRP. In reality with sales tax I paid overall 45k. I put 20k down the rest was loan.