kia stinger store

What did you pay for your Kia Stinger?

stingerstevo

I have a 2018 Kia Stinger GT with 24000 miles I got it from Jack Daniels Kia in Fair Lawn New Jersey. I got lucky and I got this for $28,900 with a 5.6% interest rate for financing and obviously it is certified so I get the warranty 10-year hundred thousand mile Powertrain and 6 years 60,000 mile bumper-to-bumper. I could not be happier with this car
View attachment 61626
when did you get it?

CapitalGains

Looks good. Beautiful Red. What else are you looking to mod on it in the future?
Unsure...it's CPO, so nothing until the 12 month bumper to bumper is up. I'd like to lower it and put on a splitter, spoiler and diffuser. As far as performance goes, I'd like to put on the Stillen GT400 kit (exhaust and air intakes). Possibly a tune as well? I'm worried about drone/noise, I did it to my Maxima and it got old after awhile

DeltaV

Is MSRP becoming the new “good deal”?
I’m sure this varies by trim level, location, and countless other variables, but is MSRP (minus any Kia incentives) the best realistic price goal now or are discounts still common?

I’m specifically looking at factory ordering a 2022 GT2 AWD and keeping it for a decade, plus. There’s little inventory, I’m not in a rush, and I’m getting picky about what I want in my old age.

I’m seeing dealerships that don’t want to bother with factory orders, those that want more than $3K of extortion (ADM (Added Dealer Markup)) money with a side of “take it or leave it”, and those that start and end at MSRP and no funny fees - just tax, tag, and title.

I’m almost feeling like the MSRP is as good as it gets and the “no games” attitude should be rewarded, but am I a sucker considering that MSRP used to be the negotiating starting point, not the best you could hope for?

Thanks!

trooper1414

I’m sure this varies by trim level, location, and countless other variables, but is MSRP (minus any Kia incentives) the best realistic price goal now or are discounts still common?

I’m specifically looking at factory ordering a 2022 GT2 AWD and keeping it for a decade, plus. There’s little inventory, I’m not in a rush, and I’m getting picky about what I want in my old age.

I’m seeing dealerships that don’t want to bother with factory orders, those that want more than $3K of extortion (ADM (Added Dealer Markup) (Added Dealer Markup)) money with a side of “take it or leave it”, and those that start and end at MSRP and no funny fees - just tax, tag, and title.

I’m almost feeling like the MSRP is as good as it gets and the “no games” attitude should be rewarded, but am I a sucker considering that MSRP used to be the negotiating starting point, not the best you could hope for?

Thanks!
I can tell you from my experience...I was able to get 3k of MSRP, so in my opinion you can still aim for $3-5k of MSRP including Kia cash. I ended up not getting the vehicle since the AC dint work on my new car and it put me off.

Now I'm back looking at Tesla Model 3 Performance and Lexus is 500

ht_addict

I can tell you from my experience...I was able to get 3k of MSRP, so in my opinion you can still aim for $3-5k of MSRP including Kia cash. I ended up not getting the vehicle since the AC dint work on my new car and it put me off.

Now I'm back looking at Tesla Model 3 Performance and Lexus is 500
I certainly wouldn't put a non working AC as a reason not to get the vehicle. Can happen to any vehicle. Check out the Lexus forum for clunky gear changes. For the price i don't think your going to find a car any better than the Stinger. It's a fun car, turns heads and mods are abundant.

new kia badge emblem logo
The best place to buy Kia Stinger modifications is at KDM Warehouse dot com! The official store of Kia Stinger dot com...

ht_addict

I’m seeing dealerships that don’t want to bother with factory orders, those that want more than $3K of extortion (ADM (Added Dealer Markup) (Added Dealer Markup)) money with a side of “take it or leave it”, and those that start and end at MSRP and no funny fees - just tax, tag, and title.

Thanks!
Unfortunately demand is up and inventory is tight. The chip shortage doesn't help either. I was lucky last year, got mine for just over $50k CDN/$40k US with taxes in for a vehicle with a sticker price of $53k

Last edited:

Kamauxx

5000 Posts Club!

Thanks!

I don't know about it being a "good deal." When the market bounces back all of those people that paid MSRP are going to have quite a bit of negative equity. Those cars selling for $56k today will be selling used for mid-30s next summer.

Unless you have a trade-in with a lot of positive equity, avoid buying until things settle down a bit.

JSolo

Stinger Enthusiast
Chicago
My trade in gained $2500 compared to 2 years and 10K miles ago. I figured under normal circumstances that trade in would be worth $2K less. So in essence, an inflated value of $4500 for the trade + $3K off msrp (gt-line awd). Yielding ~18% off msrp. Net on the gt-line awd was somewhere around $33K + TTL.

There'd be no deal if the trade equity was low. Just wouldn't be worth - trade ran fine, still had extended warranty left even.

ht_addict

I don't know about it being a "good deal." When the market bounces back all of those people that paid MSRP are going to have quite a bit of negative equity. Those cars selling for $56k today will be selling used for mid-30s next summer.

Unless you have a trade-in with a lot of positive equity, avoid buying until things settle down a bit.
I can't see a bounce back any time soon. With demand up, production down we are in a catch 22. 2021 that are expecting 15Mil vehicles sold, still 2mil below 2019. Price will also be higher. Rising oil and gas prices don't help either.

Kamauxx

5000 Posts Club!
I can't see a bounce back any time soon. With demand up, production down we are in a catch 22. 2021 that are expecting 15Mil vehicles sold, still 2mil below 2019. Price will also be higher. Rising oil and gas prices don't help either.

What I'm seeing on the interwebz is that used cars have already peaked and started coming down in price (over the last week or so).

New car supplies are expected to start improving early-2022 and be back to normal by mid-year.

If those things hold true, prices (used car, new car, trade-in values, etc) will plummet over the next 12 months and people will get deals that folks in 2021 couldn't even dream of.

Now is not the time to buy. I'd recommend to anyone looking for a new car to wait until winter, preferably February--holding out for just 4-6 months could potentially save you thousands of dollars.

The best place to buy Kia Stinger modifications is at KDM Warehouse dot com! The official store of Kia Stinger dot com...

DeltaV

Thanks for the feedback. Sincerely appreciated.

There’s no rush to make the purchase and I won’t be trading in anything. So I could wait without worrying about catching my trade-in at peak value.

At the same time, since I typically pay off and keep cars 10-15+ years, I’m not worried about market fluctuations. So I could buy now without worrying about resale value.

I plan to buy when things feel “right”, personally, but I’d like to minimize my outlay as much as reasonably possible…thus my interest in better understanding the what the market seems to bear right now.

Please keep posting purchase prices with trim levels and rough locations as the sales happen! I’m sure there are others who could benefit from this information as well.

Cheers.

kia stinger badges
Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Stinger? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

Davidoyo

Houston, TX
Thanks for the feedback. Sincerely appreciated.

There’s no rush to make the purchase and I won’t be trading in anything. So I could wait without worrying about catching my trade-in at peak value.

At the same time, since I typically pay off and keep cars 10-15+ years, I’m not worried about market fluctuations. So I could buy now without worrying about resale value.

I plan to buy when things feel “right”, personally, but I’d like to minimize my outlay as much as reasonably possible…thus my interest in better understanding the what the market seems to bear right now.

Please keep posting purchase prices with trim levels and rough locations as the sales happen! I’m sure there are others who could benefit from this information as well.

Cheers.
I am in the same boat. I will start seriously looking to buy a 2022 Stinger GT2 around the December timeframe with the hope that there will be better deals to be made. If not, I can wait until January/February for the right deal. This all depends if KIA will actually stop making the Stinger or not. I want to avoid the opposite effect where dealerships start marking them up again because they aren't making past Q2 2022

JSolo

Stinger Enthusiast
Chicago
It's all speculation IMO. We are halfway through Q3 right now. I can't say local inventory appears to have increased much if any at all by the dealers I drive by often. Cars are trickling in, but not like precovid. The big gamble is will that change in Q4/Q1-2022 and onward. Judging by core computer component prices (video cards, power supplies, etc). Availability still seems limited, albeit somewhat improved. I envision some improvement, but marginal at best in the short term.

If I were buying without any trade, i'd definitely consider doing so closer to year's end and/or next year. It's worth the potential buyer's time to keep an eye on prices and jump in when prices have cooled down a bit. If this gt-line performs similarly in 5+ years as it does now with minimal problems, I can see keeping it for a decade (usual ownership time is 8-10 years).

Robilar

I've actually been considering trading in my 2019 for a 2022 model. The dealership I had my service done at has offered to buy it a couple of times already. There are aspects of the new version I like much better than mine, namely the infotainment screen, rims etc.

Plus given I am the second owner of the stinger, the full warranty does not transfer over to me. My car is 3 years old with around 6000 km on it and the warranty is only 5 years for second owners. I'll never hit the kilometer cap in the second warranty but I'll be out of warranty in 2 years. If something big goes it could get costly.

The scorpion pack is coming to Canada as well and I might wait and see what a live model looks like (Given Canada and US models always seem to have some odd differences).

The dealer offered me in the high 30's to buy mine and I've seen them selling in the 42 range retail (With higher mileage). I bet I could squeeze an even better trade value out of them.

Davidoyo

Houston, TX
It's all speculation IMO. We are halfway through Q3 right now. I can't say local inventory appears to have increased much if any at all by the dealers I drive by often. Cars are trickling in, but not like precovid. The big gamble is will that change in Q4/Q1-2022 and onward. Judging by core computer component prices (video cards, power supplies, etc). Availability still seems limited, albeit somewhat improved. I envision some improvement, but marginal at best in the short term.

If I were buying without any trade, i'd definitely consider doing so closer to year's end and/or next year. It's worth the potential buyer's time to keep an eye on prices and jump in when prices have cooled down a bit. If this gt-line performs similarly in 5+ years as it does now with minimal problems, I can see keeping it for a decade (usual ownership time is 8-10 years).
I have kept my current ride for 12 years now with only 69,000 miles on it :) . So I expect to keep this new Stinger at least 10 years. And yes it's my daily car o_O

JSolo

Stinger Enthusiast
Chicago
I had the G for 8 years. Family circumstance changed that required sale of a car (two cars one driver). The honda was 6 years old and sold because of opportunity (and really boring car to drive).

Ymmv :)

Davidoyo

Houston, TX
I had the G for 8 years. Family circumstance changed that required sale of a car (two cars one driver). The honda was 6 years old and sold because of opportunity (and really boring car to drive).

Ymmv :)
I agree with you that YMMV. I would have kicked the Mini to the curb without the extended warranty I bought. $23,000+ worth of repairs and a new engine over the last 12 years would have made most people run for the hills :eek:

Nonapplicable

Newish Member
Phoenix, AZ
I paid 1K under MSRP with no dealer adds except tint. Dealer started at 3k over MSRP. I could have gotten a better price if I wasn't after a certain color and AWD but inventory for GT2 AWDs are hard to find in AZ. The only other dealer that had the color I wanted was in Tucson and they wouldn't budge on their 2K market adjustment. Plenty of RWDs to be found. I didn't want to deal with buying a car from out of state. Also I don't plan on getting rid of the car for many years. I usually keep cars for 8-10 years. Traded in my 2006 IS 250 that I had for 9 years.

Davidoyo

Houston, TX
I paid 1K under MSRP with no dealer adds except tint. Dealer started at 3k over MSRP. I could have gotten a better price if I wasn't after a certain color and AWD but inventory for GT2 AWDs are hard to find in AZ. The only other dealer that had the color I wanted was in Tucson and they wouldn't budge on their 2K market adjustment. Plenty of RWDs to be found. I didn't want to deal with buying a car from out of state. Also I don't plan on getting rid of the car for many years. I usually keep cars for 8-10 years. Traded in my 2006 IS 250 that I had for 9 years.
If I can ask, what price did you negotiate for your trade in Lexus? I am always curious what dealerships are paying for trades in vs. your carmax, carvana, and vroom. Because carmax, carvana, and vroom give me low ball offers, but then sell a car similar to mine for 2X my offer.

Nonapplicable

Newish Member
Phoenix, AZ
If I can ask, what price did you negotiate for your trade in Lexus? I am always curious what dealerships are paying for trades in vs. your carmax, carvana, and vroom. Because carmax, carvana, and vroom give me low ball offers, but then sell a car similar to mine for 2X my offer.
I took my car to carmax and got an offer of 6500. Kia dealer matched it. I could have gotten a little bit more private party but didn't feel like dealing with tire kickers. Plus with the tax savings with trade in it was closer to 7k.