kia stinger store

What did you pay for your Kia Stinger?

Robilar

Here it is...pretty happy how it came out. Used a combo of heat gun and fish line. Front took an hour, back took a fraction of the time to get off.
Nicely done, looks just like mine :)

It just takes patience to not damage anything.

JSolo

Stinger Enthusiast
Chicago
Haven't committed to it yet but this is what's being offered.

All in USD
New 2022 gt-line awd ceramic silver/black interior
msrp $40,335
Discount 2923 (technically $2843 as $1000 of it is taxed)
Total $37,500 +ttl + $300 doc fee.

Only options include floor mats and autodimming mirror. By my math this comes out to roughly 7% below msrp.

Thoughts?

new kia badge emblem logo
The best place to buy Kia Stinger modifications is at KDM Warehouse dot com! The official store of Kia Stinger dot com...

StingertimeNC

Stinger Enthusiast
NC
Get it!! Great car. That’s not a bad deal these days.

AYip31

Florida
Haven't committed to it yet but this is what's being offered.

All in USD
New 2022 gt-line awd ceramic silver/black interior
msrp $40,335
Discount 2923 (technically $2843 as $1000 of it is taxed)
Total $37,500 +ttl + $300 doc fee.

Only options include floor mats and autodimming mirror. By my math this comes out to roughly 7% below msrp.

Thoughts?
In this Market it’s OK, in previous markets hell no Especially for a GT – line

JSolo

Stinger Enthusiast
Chicago
^^They did jack up the msrp price about $4K for the 2022's. Carmax is offering $18,5 for a '15 accord exl w/27K. Dealer offered $14K (are they not aware used car prices are higher these days?!@#). So figuring the tax credit (8% on the first $10K, no longer is the full amount tax credited in IL) of $800, that's effectively a trade value of $17,7. Two years ago, car max was offering $16K with 17K miles on the same car. Had this trend continued and market was normal, I think they'd offer $14-15K.

Still, it's tough to stomach the OTD pricing of just over $42 for gtline. That accord was just over $27K back in Q1-2015.

Looking at 2018 Kia Stinger MSRP, comparing the lower trim with 2.0 turbo and awd, base price of $34,100 vs $38,300 (2022) .

The 2018 had a $2000 safety option which is now included (. Mind you, I'd gladly buy a car without it. If math is correct, it's a difference of about $2200 ($38,300 - $36100). This $2200 gets you the bigger engine, 10.25" infotainment screen. Worth it¿?......

trooper1414

So here is my dilemma, can someone help me think this straight:

Pre Pandemic

Kia Stinger GT2 XX Year Model New - MSRP $53000, After negotiation ~$42-44k

My trade in ~ $12k

Kia Stinger GT2 XX Year Model New - MSRP $53000, After negotiation ~$51k

My trade in ~18K

Assuming I would have got the stinger for $31k (subtracting trade in cost) pre Pandemic, is it right to assume the stinger is now costing me ~$33k.

Is something wrong in my thinking and calculation - ofcorses taxes will be a little higher.

JSolo

Stinger Enthusiast
Chicago
^^Stimulus dollars at work.... How bad do you want the car? As you saw by my posts above, i'm in a similar predicament. The only motivating factor for me right now is the higher trade in value. The old car is mechanically sound with all maintenance done, recent new tires even.

To answer my own question, i'm somewhat motivated but not enthralled. I've test driven many cars in recent months, even tried some suv's (rdx, cx5). I've considered a tlx, but that's heavy at #3900+, smaller trunk, higher resale value, no touch screen.

I keep looking at it this way, trade in value will keep diminishing as time goes on. New car prices (mrsp) slowly creep up. That $2-3K gap (pre/post covid) in your case may grow when considered from msrp perspective. Question is, when considering discounted (negotiated/incentives/etc) pricing will it return to pre-pandemic levels. That is, will one be able to get 10-15% off msrp?

So it still comes down to how badly is the car wanted [now]?

The best place to buy Kia Stinger modifications is at KDM Warehouse dot com! The official store of Kia Stinger dot com...

trooper1414

^^Stimulus dollars at work.... How bad do you want the car? As you saw by my posts above, i'm in a similar predicament. The only motivating factor for me right now is the higher trade in value. The old car is mechanically sound with all maintenance done, recent new tires even.

To answer my own question, i'm somewhat motivated but not enthralled. I've test driven many cars in recent months, even tried some suv's (rdx, cx5). I've considered a tlx, but that's heavy at #3900+, smaller trunk, higher resale value, no touch screen.

I keep looking at it this way, trade in value will keep diminishing as time goes on. New car prices (mrsp) slowly creep up. That $2-3K gap (pre/post covid) in your case may grow when considered from msrp perspective. Question is, when considering discounted (negotiated/incentives/etc) pricing will it return to pre-pandemic levels. That is, will one be able to get 10-15% off msrp?

So it still comes down to how badly is the car wanted [now]?
I mean I can continue to be patient for another 2-4 months but don't think I'll last ~1-1.5 years. I did end up trading my car so I have pocketed $18k.

Now it's about striking when I can get a decent deal in the next few months. On the other hand I have reserved a Lexus IS500 but not sure if I'll get one if the price is ridiculous... Mystery will be resolved on September 10th when they lift the embargo

kia stinger badges
Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Stinger? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

trooper1414

If that doesn't include the $1500 rebate I'd say quite a good deal and even if including it still not bad! Enjoy and good luck.
That sadly includes the rebate. Additionally, I had gone in with the intent to purchase but when I took the car for a test drive, the air conditioning wasn't working.
This was a brand new car with 80 odd miles, also had one squeaking noise. Ofcourse I did not go ahead and purchase but came back very disappointed

StingertimeNC

Stinger Enthusiast
NC
Weird about the air conditioner. wonder what that was about.

JSolo

Stinger Enthusiast
Chicago
Some years ago I test drove a genesis coupe. Driving through the dealer lot, there was a horrible clunk whenever weight shifted front/rear. Never made it out of the lot, drove it into service. Someone didn't do a good pdi...

Prob good reason to check function of all features (or as much as possible) before signing off on the car. If minor, make them fix it first.

trooper1414

Some years ago I test drove a genesis coupe. Driving through the dealer lot, there was a horrible clunk whenever weight shifted front/rear. Never made it out of the lot, drove it into service. Someone didn't do a good pdi...

Prob good reason to check function of all features (or as much as possible) before signing off on the car. If minor, make them fix it first.
Yes, and this was in 1 minute of me test driving... because it was so hot and the dam ac dint switch on so came back to the parking lot. The dealership guy kept convincing me that it takes 10 minutes to cool....bs....and then told me to buy the car and they will get it fixed. Very disappointing experience with Kia.

Now I don't even want to purchase that same car specially with the klunk sound.

2dope4ya

Newish Member
I have a 2018 Kia Stinger GT with 24000 miles I got it from Jack Daniels Kia in Fair Lawn New Jersey. I got lucky and I got this for $28,900 with a 5.6% interest rate for financing and obviously it is certified so I get the warranty 10-year hundred thousand mile Powertrain and 6 years 60,000 mile bumper-to-bumper. I could not be happier with this car
20210701_092155.jpg