kia stinger store

The Official Stinger Feature Wishlist

Janguli

Wireless Apple Carplay would be nice. I am aware of some third party options but I am curious if its remotely realistic to think there may be a firmware update to use wireless apple carplay. This is the first time I've had a car with carplay and a wireless charging pad, I was surprised to learn I needed to plug in the phone for it access carplay. It mostly renders the wireless charging pad useless unless I end up with a passenger who wants to wirelessly charge their phone.

YeaStung

I would like to be able to see what gear I am in, at all times, on the smaller central dash screen..

I've had my Stinger for over 9 months now and I still smile when I drive it! However, no car is perfect... This thread is for listing our desired features that are missing on our beloved GT. Try to keep each post to a single feature wish or change and please agree or disagree with those that you see! Maybe Kia will listen!

YeaStung

Display could still emulate a retro style.. in fact - gosh - how about if it was one of several "looks" available?
Ok, but really, they cannot do what your asking for what we are paying. So, how much are you going to pay for a Stinger...? I think maybe Audi might ready have what you want

MerlintheMad

Sustaining Member
West Jordan, Y00TAW
I would like to be able to see what gear I am in, at all times, on the smaller central dash screen..
I can. Instead of "D" I see gear number. This works one of two ways: either manual gate (GT and GT1) or Sport mode (should work for GT2 as well) when you pull a paddle shifter. The gear number displays until you come to a stop; pull the paddle again and "1" shows.

heyheyal

Central NJ

YeaStung

I can. Instead of "D" I see gear number. This works one of two ways: either manual gate (GT and GT1) or Sport mode (should work for GT2 as well) when you pull a paddle shifter. The gear number displays until you come to a stop; pull the paddle again and "1" shows.
I also drive an AWD GT1, so it's the same... I just wish it showed a number in the full automatic mode too. But I guess the "D" i's the only visual cue that it is in full automatic mode... I like how the center dash screen shows the full replication of the drive selector when moving the shift lever, though its brief. I wish that was full time and showed a number for what gear the car is in... just my little 'not pick' for the Stinger.

YeaStung

Btw, my understanding is GT2 electronic shifters do not slide to the left of "D", do not work the same, so I'm glad I got the GT1

Woodysxr

I've had my Stinger for over 9 months now and I still smile when I drive it! However, no car is perfect... This thread is for listing our desired features that are missing on our beloved GT. Try to keep each post to a single feature wish or change and please agree or disagree with those that you see! Maybe Kia will listen!

Woodysxr

Transmetal

I want the ability to change settings of the remote start, not to mention having 1 key with everything intergraded, like 99% of all factory remote starts have For instance, If I have to leave at night or early morning I want to be able to turn off the beep, light flash and horn. Just want to open or remote start my car quietly without the whole neighborhood knowing

colnago1331

I'm sure most of these have been mentioned....
  • Cruise control should stay on when car is turned off and then turned back on
    • Same with heated seats
    • Same with heated steering wheel
  • "Mute" button on steering wheel should pause Apple CarPlay
  • Trunk release button on remote should "pop" the hatch for Stingers that don't have a full power trunks
  • There should be a trunk release button in Stingers that don't have a full power trunks

Last edited:

AusStinger

May have already been mentioned but I'd love to see the following;
  • Transmission modes stay where they were when the car was shut down or at least remember Smart mode as a default.
  • The ability to select a quiet mode for start-up with bi-modal.
  • Love to see factory options for wings, spoilers, center console knee pads (etc etc).
  • A GT option WITHOUT a sunroof ( don't like / use them ).
  • Also would have liked to see a smaller key/fob option.

Transmetal

May have already been mentioned but I'd love to see the following;
  • Transmission modes stay where they were when the car was shut down or at least remember Smart mode as a default.
  • The ability to select a quiet mode for start-up with bi-modal.
  • Love to see factory options for wings, spoilers, center console knee pads (etc etc).
  • A GT option WITHOUT a sunroof ( don't like / use them ).
  • Also would have liked to see a smaller key/fob option.
I have a gt option without a sunroof, it's a base gt. It has awd as an option, which I have, yet I can't have a sunroof. They don't come with a sunroof. I absolutely hate it, paid 36k and I couldn't even get a sunroof unless I got a gt1 for 40k. I used to use my sunroof a lot on previous cars