kia stinger store

Never had a car that turned so many heads.

OhioStateStinger

Today I finally got to put on my new set of wheels after a couple of lengthy delays. As I was preparing to bring the OEM wheels in to the garage a neighbor walks by and asks me if that was a Stinger and how much I like it. That then snowballed in to a conversation about the features, the performance, why I chose it, differences in models and lease buyout options. I think there is a new fan eyeballing getting one of his own!

At work today a customer came in. I don't know how he knew it was my Stinger, but he did. His first words were, "Is your car as bad *** as it looks?" I said, "Yes it is." This got us talking about the car with him asking quite a few questions about it. Of course the first one was, what kind of car is it. As he was leaving. he again said, "Damn that is a bad *** car."

heyheyal

Central NJ
Went to pick up take out with my brother in law. I parked the car and told him to wait in the car while I went in to pick up the food. Turns out food wasn’t ready so I went back out to the vehicle. Bro in law says, “why is everyone staring at us?” I told him it was the car, of course he chuckled. I said, “No really.”
So I went back in the restaurant to get the food. During my exit I see a guy walking away from the car. I said to my BIL, “what was that all about?” He said, “ Dude had been circling the car to the point I had to ask him if he needed help.” Guy stated, “No, just checking out the car, it’s beautiful.” I hopped into the car and said, “see what did I tell you”
People laugh at me when I tell them all the attention my Stinger gets. It’s not until they take a ride with me that they realize just how true it is. It’s not about the attention as much as it is about the sheer beauty of this car that people can appreciate.
Love this car!!

Flameangel

2500 Posts Club!
Geelong, Victoria
Pulled up to get some petrol about an hour ago. As I was about to open the petrol cap, a male voice says " excuse me, how do you like your Stinger ? " so I responded " love it " we go on to have a full blown conversation about how Kia have some great cars and the Stinger. He kept repeating " beautiful car, they are such beautiful cars , " I opened the passenger door and told him to check it out, he stuck his head in and said " nice, so nice inside " he has been reading lots of reviews and said he was thinking of getting one, he currently has a V8 Commodore.
He advised he had not seen one in person before and loved the Colour, he said " what beautiful blue and the Duco looks fantastic " so then I went and told him what paint protection I had on it, finally I mentioned the Stinger forum and facebook groups he could join and go on organised drives etc,
his last comment was " I'm definitely getting one next year " ....... yeeessss another convert ! :D:thumbup:

Last edited:

Casey

It is crazy just how many people give a thumbs up or stop you at gas stations or something. Ive had a number of people over the years come up and compliment the Jag, but thats almost always car people. They notice the rims or just the fact that they see an XJ is enough.

But the Stinger seems to elicit comments and compliments from anyone. Yesterday I got a thumbs up in a drivethru while i was waiting for my food. A couple days before that, THREE people were checking it out at the COSTCO gas pumps and talking about it with me. People come up asking what it is, complimenting the color and the design in general. And as you all know, most people are shocked when you tell them its a KIA.

SilverNitr8

Ashburn, VA
Went to pick up take out with my brother in law. I parked the car and told him to wait in the car while I went in to pick up the food. Turns out food wasn’t ready so I went back out to the vehicle. Bro in law says, “why is everyone staring at us?” I told him it was the car, of course he chuckled. I said, “No really.”
So I went back in the restaurant to get the food. During my exit I see a guy walking away from the car. I said to my BIL, “what was that all about?” He said, “ Dude had been circling the car to the point I had to ask him if he needed help.” Guy stated, “No, just checking out the car, it’s beautiful.” I hopped into the car and said, “see what did I tell you”
People laugh at me when I tell them all the attention my Stinger gets. It’s not until they take a ride with me that they realize just how true it is. It’s not about the attention as much as it is about the sheer beauty of this car that people can appreciate.
Love this car!!

A friend did not believe me when I told him my car turns head every time I drive my car. He's a brand snob and drives Acura, BMW, Infinity, etc.... One day he gave me a ride to pick up my car from the shop and followed me back to work (we work together). It happens to be the time most people are leaving the office so plenty of the people outside in front of the office building. As I drove by, people having conversation just stopped and turned then heads followed where I was turning. After parking, my friend tells me.... You're right!

Clockwork

The Stinger is a beautiful car. I must admit though that my previous vehicle, an Alfa Romeo Giulia, turned a lot of heads as well.

P22Tyler

Murray, Utah
I was sitting at a light watching the cars in the left turn lane that were passing me and saw a woman twisting herself so she could see my car as they passed. She had her mouth hung open with a look on her face that screamed "there's no way that's a Kia!".

Aarvix

Stinger Enthusiast
North TX
Giulias have that beautifully unique triangular front end, I suspect their owners have similar experiences with folks admiring the car but having no idea what it is.

I see several Giulias a week. They're easy to spot coming up from behind me, but honestly I can't tell them apart from a 3-series from the side or the rear (aside from the clover badge on the QV).

Interestingly I find the stinger's worst angle to be the front, whereas it's the defining feature of the Giulia.

Flameangel

2500 Posts Club!
Geelong, Victoria
It happened again, just tonight in the pouring rain on the way to get Macca's and KFC, I stopped at the Seven Eleven to get some milk.
As I was pulling into the parking area, a silver Commodore was ready to leave, he was looking at me in his rear view mirror. I parked one up from him leaving empty places next to me ( always strategically parking ) he kept staring at the car. As I came in front to enter the store, he wound down his window and said " That is a nice looking car", he was just pulling out when I came out the store, he was passing behind my car taking a last glance, I waved and he waved back :)

GenesisG70

1000 Posts Club!
Orlando, Florida
Yesterday I had this teenager driving inches behind me I look at the back mirror and he was taking a pictures of my Stinga! Damn I wanted to slap him in the face and tell him dude, keep your distance, you can find pics of my Stinga online fool! :D

Casey

Whats really funny is people who I would not consider car people make comments too. Yesterday my gf went into a restaurant and overheard a group of women waiting for a table talking about if it was or was not a Kia, and then a couple of people at an outside table near where we were waiting were saying the same thing, trying to figure out where the Kia badge was.

It really does make you smile =)

Casey

Happened this weekend, there was neighborhood yard sale, and we were driving around the neighborhood to see who was selling what junk, waved at a few people and went home (with a SmartLock!).

Anyway, my gf checked the neighborhood Facebook page and there was a post asking who drove the "Shadow Gray" Stinger, and before we could even reply, another neighbor commented on seeing the car and wanting to stop us and check it out.

It made me feel pretty damn good =)

MerlintheMad

Sustaining Member
West Jordan, Y00TAW
As I was getting out my hiking stuff from the hatch, a guy cooling down from a run paused to say, "That is one hot looking car."

"How much do you know about it?" I asked.

"A lot," he said. "But very few people know anything about it. Performance for the money is almost unbeatable."

I would like to have talked to him a bit more, especially about that price point advantage/attraction. (I don't get a lot of one on one attention from people, unlike some people around here. Hah. I think the last time someone chatted me up about my car was over half a year ago.)

nhsjpeterson

Casselton, ND
It's not very often that I don't get a comment on the car when I'm in 'the city'. In my small hometown, there is a private-residence pre-school day care two blocks up the street from me. Whenever I drive by, these toddlers stare and point. The other day a couple of boys (maybe age 6 or so) rang my door bell to tell me I had a cool car. One day this spring I had two 80+yr-old women tell me I had a nice car.

It's wrapped orange/black. I often have to take my 92-yr old mother to Dr appointments. I imagine their are some semi-shocked looks when people first see the vehicle, and then see it is driven by a senior citizen with a super-senior citizen passenger.

A couple of days ago as I was leaving work, I pulled out onto Rt. 50 in Easton, MD in front of about 5 modified cars driven by some youngsters (probably). They were headed to Ocean City to the H2OI festival. All of them flew by me, (It sounded like a herd of lawn mowers) but a couple of them slowed down and rode next to me for a little bit, checking out my car.

Casey

I was sitting on one of my soul-sucking conference calls, staring out the window, and I saw one of the guys in the neighborhood stop in the street for several seconds, and I just assumed he was looking at the Halloween decorations (my gf made a sweet foggy-cauldron thing). I forgot that she had moved the Stinger into the driveway to work on said cauldron in the garage, and she later confirmed he stopped to look at the car. The next day the same guy went out of his way to let me back out of the driveway ahead of him, so it's safe to say he is a fan of the car.