kia stinger store

Never had a car that turned so many heads.

Ulikefishsticks

I have had my Micro Blue Stinger GT2 for about a month and a half. I have done very little with it (So far) I had the KIA badge and the lug cover badges removed. I kept the rear badge because I like to still let people know a KIA just beat them to the next red light. Hah.

I have had so many times where i'm driving around and I get people staring and pointing at the car or even just blatantly having people ask what is it or the car looks 'hot'. Coming out of the store and having someone walking around the car looking at it. I'm sitting at my desk and I park my car on the top floor of the parking garage so I can see the car. I had just looked over there and I saw 2 guys walking around my car. I had backed into my spot really close and one of the guys trying real hard to see if he could recognize a badge on the rear.

I plan on getting a new exhaust to add to the visual appearance it already has.

Just wanted to share my experience with the car so far. I thought I would calm down after a month or so but I still walk up to the car thinking how nice it is.

cncBilly

1000 Posts Club!
North Vancouver
I have had my Micro Blue Stinger GT2 for about a month and a half. I have done very little with it (So far) I had the KIA badge and the lug cover badges removed. I kept the rear badge because I like to still let people know a KIA just beat them to the next red light. Hah.

I have had so many times where i'm driving around and I get people staring and pointing at the car or even just blatantly having people ask what is it or the car looks 'hot'. Coming out of the store and having someone walking around the car looking at it. I'm sitting at my desk and I park my car on the top floor of the parking garage so I can see the car. I had just looked over there and I saw 2 guys walking around my car. I had backed into my spot really close and one of the guys trying real hard to see if he could recognize a badge on the rear.

I plan on getting a new exhaust to add to the visual appearance it already has.

Just wanted to share my experience with the car so far. I thought I would calm down after a month or so but I still walk up to the car thinking how nice it is.
Try pressing the panic button on your key when you see the looky-loo's hovering close. Guarantee it will put a smile on you.:devil:

Nasscar

1000 Posts Club!
Perth, Western Australia
I remember coming out of a shop one day and seeing a pair of side palm prints on the drivers side window as if someone was looking inside. They were either interested in the car or looking for something to steal. Not sure which.

PHL Mike

Philly Area
I have your EXACT car and have been driving it since March '18. It was warmer last week and had the window down at a light. A guy TWO lanes over to me rolls down his passenger window and starts talking about loving the styling and did I like it and is it fast, Kia did a great job, and man I need to go test drive one.. all at a red light! I drive in and around PA DE NJ NY and DC VA MD for my job and once a week I'll get a thumbs up from passengers and drivers. Never gets old. Our color is very unique and I've only seen 4 in 26K of driving and my area is densely populated! They grab attention in a good way! ENJOY!!

Flameangel

2500 Posts Club!
Geelong, Victoria
I also have a Micro Blue, the colour just “pops” and is eye catching. It has strong road presence and people gawk all the time. I love it, when I take it down to the local shops when it’s dark, not so many people around and I find a good park. Under the lamp lights her colour shines, she’s ceramic coated too and really looks like shiny glass. Some people watch as I come in and watch me as I leave.
You will get used to it .;)

Dodger Blue

Central Coast, CA
Another Micro Blue GT2 owner here, the color definitely gets a lot of compliments ☺️ I just took her in for my first oil change and even turned the salesman's head, he'd never seen one in that color! I thought that was pretty surprising (this isn't the dealership I bought the car from, just the one closest to me) but apparently they mostly stock white and ceramic silver ones... And a single GTS.

MerlintheMad

Sustaining Member
West Jordan, Y00TAW
Silky Silver slides by unnoticed. Most of the time. I average one interested commentator/questioner every couple of months.

Satansfist

I owned a murdered out black 300C SRT8 with 22" wheels that was on the end of a few admiring glances and "Nice car, mister!" from kids. I've owned the Stinger for under 2 weeks and had some old fella at the wheel place asking if he could sit inside, the service station attendant giving me a thumbs up as I entered to pay for fuel and the food delivery guy not making it to the door because he was standing taking pics on his phone. I have the feeling I'll be getting stopped and asked about it as much as I did when I owned a Triumph motorcycle, just wish more women would come up to me, lol...

48922129151_dce93f388e_k.jpg 48912363221_d414bf6ee4_c.jpg

Gargamel

Stinger Enthusiast
Sweden
Try pressing the panic button on your key when you see the looky-loo's hovering close. Guarantee it will put a smile on you.:devil:
Which button of the 3 are the panic button?
I got:
Locking
Unlocking
Open/Close trunk

cncBilly

1000 Posts Club!
North Vancouver
I got:
Locking
Unlocking
Open/Close trunk
Not sure off hand and I won't be around my key to look for another month or so.

MerlintheMad

Sustaining Member
West Jordan, Y00TAW
I got:
Locking
Unlocking
Open/Close trunk
The horn button makes four buttons. That must be the one. :D It works too, but it's not the full horn, just the measly little "eep, eep, eep" sound: that wouldn't make anybody jump. (btw, this the first time I've ever pushed it in over eighteen months; just to see)

Revvdmedia

1000 Posts Club!
Canada
The horn button makes four buttons. That must be the one. :D It works too, but it's not the full horn, just the measly little "eep, eep, eep" sound: that wouldn't make anybody jump. (btw, this the first time I've ever pushed it in over eighteen months; just to see)

HA! That answers my question from this weekend. I was tying my shoes and accidentally hit the panic button on the remote and was appalled at how pathetic the horn sounded, I was embarrassed! But I recalled having to use the horn before and thinking it sounds quite beefy. A dual tone horn would totally make sense. I was afraid I'd never be able to use the horn again if it sounds like that!

MerlintheMad

Sustaining Member
West Jordan, Y00TAW
I was tying my shoes and accidentally hit the panic button on the remote and was appalled at how pathetic the horn sounded, I was embarrassed!
Lol. This was the source (no doubt) of the debate last year about the "pathetic" sounding Stinger horn. I've laid on the center of the steering wheel a number of times, usually to signify my discontent with the driving of a cretin (each time, well deserved scorn on the horn). And I, too, like the Stinger horn well enough (allowing that I'd prefer, of course, something on the order of a semi or train horn). The "eep, eep, eep" of the panic button horn is "worthy" of an old VW Bug. :laugh:

cncBilly

1000 Posts Club!
North Vancouver
Lol. This was the source (no doubt) of the debate last year about the "pathetic" sounding Stinger horn. I've laid on the center of the steering wheel a number of times, usually to signify my discontent with the driving of a cretin (each time, well deserved scorn on the horn). And I, too, like the Stinger horn well enough (allowing that I'd prefer, of course, something on the order of a semi or train horn). The "eep, eep, eep" of the panic button horn is "worthy" of an old VW Bug. :laugh:
Yes but that little "eep, eep" will send a too close looky-loo jumping.:D:rofl::rofl:

Jacques

STL Stinger Club
Saint Charles, MO
You guys are whining about the Stinger horn. The Optima's (the 2011-15 variants) had an even more pathetic horn. If I still had that car, I would've swapped it for a Sickspeed horn or something else. That being said, I'd love to put in an airhorn on my Stinger...I'm not gonna mess around. :p

Back to subject, over the weekend, I was waiting for an open spot to merge onto a street, when an older guy in a black Maserati Quattroporte waved me on. I waved him back and got on, and went to a left turn lane at the light while he pulled up next to me heading straight. He waved at me again, I rolled down my window and he stated my car looked slick, and asked me a few questions on the Stinger. He said early on he looked at the Stinger before getting the Quattroporte. Light turns green, he parts with saying "Looks great!" and gave me a thumbs up. I waved and gave him a thumbs up in return. When someone that owns a 6-figure sports sedan give you props, Kia must've done something right with our cars. :)

cncBilly

1000 Posts Club!
North Vancouver
You guys are whining about the Stinger horn. The Optima's (the 2011-15 variants) had an even more pathetic horn. If I still had that car, I would've swapped it for a Sickspeed horn or something else. That being said, I'd love to put in an airhorn on my Stinger...I'm not gonna mess around. :p

Back to subject, over the weekend, I was waiting for an open spot to merge onto a street, when an older guy in a black Maserati Quattroporte waved me on. I waved him back and got on, and went to a left turn lane at the light while he pulled up next to me heading straight. He waved at me again, I rolled down my window and he stated my car looked slick, and asked me a few questions on the Stinger. He said early on he looked at the Stinger before getting the Quattroporte. Light turns green, he parts with saying "Looks great!" and gave me a thumbs up. I waved and gave him a thumbs up in return. When someone that owns a 6-figure sports sedan give you props, Kia must've done something right with our cars. :)
No shit!! Kudo's to Kia. Great encounter.:thumbup: