kia stinger store

Never had a car that turned so many heads.

Ulikefishsticks

I had to turn this feature off so when I walked past it in the garage, it wouldn't open up and hit my garage door.

That's the one feature I wish I have in the GT2 that I don't have in the GT1. On the other hand, I would hate to have to turn it off while in the garage, so maybe for me that's a blessing in disguise I suppose. :)

I believe there is a way to calibrate it to only open up to a certain height and it will stop so it won't hit the roof. I think it might be in the owner's manual.

Nasscar

1000 Posts Club!
Perth, Western Australia
I believe there is a way to calibrate it to only open up to a certain height and it will stop so it won't hit the roof. I think it might be in the owner's manual.
Yeh I actually changed it to open to a lower height (so I always hit my head on it now) but the rear of my Stinger is so close to my garage door (not the roof), that it is always going to hit no matter what height it is opening up to. Just have to have my door open to gain access to my boot.

ShannonC

1000 Posts Club!
Yeh I actually changed it to open to a lower height (so I always hit my head on it now) but the rear of my Stinger is so close to my garage door (not the roof), that it is always going to hit no matter what height it is opening up to. Just have to have my door open to gain access to my boot.
You could also disable it....
20201217_083740.jpg 20201217_083815.jpg

GB*S

I believe there is a way to calibrate it to only open up to a certain height and it will stop so it won't hit the roof. I think it might be in the

To adjust manually yourself follow these instructions

Adjusting The Liftgate Height​

Like we mentioned above, the height that your Smart Power Liftgate opens to is fully adjustable.
When the Smart Power Liftgate is open, press the tailgate button and hold it until you hear two beeps. Then, adjust the tailgate to your desired open height and press the tailgate button once more. At this point, the tailgate should close automatically. The next time you open it, it should be to your desired height.

I was loading groceries in my car today when the women who was parked next to me was getting in her car. She said, "that is a really beautiful car." I said, thank you, and then she said that she was kind of scared to park next to it. I replied that , yeah, I kind of try to park far away from other cars. Later, I thought that she may have taken my reply as me saying that I didn't like that she had parked next to me.:( That's not how I meant it though. :)

Marylandkiastingergt

Newish Member
I was loading groceries in my car today when the women who was parked next to me was getting in her car. She said, "that is a really beautiful car." I said, thank you, and then she said that she was kind of scared to park next to it. I replied that , yeah, I kind of try to park far away from other cars. Later, I thought that she may have taken my reply as me saying that I didn't like that she had parked next to me.:( That's not how I meant it though. :)
I had to laugh at your post I always park away from other cars only to find when I return to my car it is surrounded by cars. The other day there was an Audi A7 parked beside me, and I felt bad for him....He paid much more money for a car that looks similar, but not as good

JT_GT

Newish Member
SoCal
About a month ago, I was driving through a canyon road. Perfect weather, sun's out, no one else but me on my lane, I'm just cruisin and enjoying the drive.

Around the next bend, an elderly gentleman driving a cherry red Shelby Cobra approaches me from the opposite lane.

He sees my Micro Blue GT and then gives me a headlight flash and a nod of approval as we pass each other.

I consider that a huge complement if a Cobra owner appreciates our cars' design. One of my proudest moments as a Stinger owner!

Nasscar

1000 Posts Club!
Perth, Western Australia
About a month ago, I was driving through a canyon road. Perfect weather, sun's out, no one else but me on my lane, I'm just cruisin and enjoying the drive.

Around the next bend, an elderly gentleman driving a cherry red Shelby Cobra approaches me from the opposite lane.

He sees my Micro Blue GT and then gives me a headlight flash and a nod of approval as we pass each other.

I consider that a huge complement if a Cobra owner appreciates our cars' design. One of my proudest moments as a Stinger owner!
Great work. Someone who appreciates beautiful cars obviously. :thumbup:

Ulikefishsticks

I washed my car yesterday and before starting I had to go pick up a clay bar from an auto store, the ones I had needed to be retired. Walked in there and headed over to pick out the claybar, of course you can't just buy the bar, have to buy the damn packaged with 3 bars/a microfiber and some detail spray. Anyways, i'm looking through the section and one of the employees at register said, "What are you driving?" I looked over to him and he was walking up to me. Now I usually say "It's a Stinger" Then I have to follow up with It's a KIA. This time I said, "It's a Kia". Now he was an older gentleman and he was actually surprised when he said that. I answered a few questions he had about it. "How does it drive?", and of course, "Is it fast?".

I was also getting gas at a gas station a while back. There was a couple that were in an older C3 corvette, and as they drove by me they were looking at my car. They were at the front and I have the E badge on the front and the wheel hubs. The only indicator that it's a KIA is the rear badge that I kept on there. So they drove all the way around the pumps to see the back of the car. I was watching them drive around and I was admiring the corvette myself. I look at them and he gives me a thumbs up and then takes off.

I could honestly of made a compilation of all the reactions of my car from my dashcam if I had the motivation to haha.

I owned a murdered out black 300C SRT8 with 22" wheels that was on the end of a few admiring glances and "Nice car, mister!" from kids. I've owned the Stinger for under 2 weeks and had some old fella at the wheel place asking if he could sit inside, the service station attendant giving me a thumbs up as I entered to pay for fuel and the food delivery guy not making it to the door because he was standing taking pics on his phone. I have the feeling I'll be getting stopped and asked about it as much as I did when I owned a Triumph motorcycle, just wish more women would come up to me, lol...

View attachment 32854 View attachment 32855
Looks good! What are the wheels?