Hey! I see you! Please take two seconds to sign up! We'd love to have you as a member of our Kia Stinger club. You have nothing to lose and so much to gain... :)

Issue Number SA322 - Rattle Noise from Tailgate

Discussion in 'Kia Stinger TSB Discussion' started by Larry Denen, Jan 28, 2018.

1. CDv6

CDv6 United States Active Member

It's entirely up to the dealer you choose to buy and/or get service from. Not all of them have loaner car programs, and some limit them to "major repairs."

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. GregM

GregM United States Member

I wonder how that level of service compare to the equivalent at Bimmer, Merc or Audi?
    I'm just curious since KIA is planning to 'step up' in that kind of clientele and, although the car itself is great, how about the customer experience including the service?

3. Kia Stinger

Kia Stinger United States Administrator Staff Member

They'll get their with service. It's not going to happen overnight...

4. Never thought

Never thought United States 1000 Posts Club!

They rented a car for me from Enterprise.

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. DaJackson

DaJackson United States 1000 Posts Club! Staff Member Moderator

I was told only the K900 qualified for loaners when in for service at the local dealer.

6. GregM

577BCC4E-8F78-4188-8AAF-74829263AB77.jpeg Just dropped off my Stinger Premium for its first service and found out there are...three and not two TSB.

The third one is some leak around a sensor on the transmission fluid lines.

• Informative Informative x 1
  7. westcoastGT

westcoastGT 5000 Posts Club!

Every time I had one of our BMWs serviced I was given a loaner , equivalent level or better . I had the GMs 6MCoupe for 2 weeks once .............They do a great job with service ( but they get a lot of practice ! )

8. Stang

Stang United States Newish Member

I am picking up a new GT2 rwd later this week. Asked my sales guy about these issues (or any other TSBs). He is pretty responsive, got back to me with this info (specifically in response to my ?s about the rattle). Comments? Anything else I should ask about? Thanks!
    I spoke with my service manager and general manager in regard to your concerns. They both verified that there were no open recalls or TSB's on the GT and up models. That service action plan only affects the 2.0 engine vehicles.

9. GregM

That is very possible...since I have the 2.0 Premium, I can't talk about the V6.

10. westcoastGT

westcoastGT 5000 Posts Club!

..........................BS

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. DaJackson

DaJackson United States 1000 Posts Club! Staff Member Moderator

Even though that’s incorrect, if your car has the rattle the will still need to fix it as part of the warranty even if they want to claim there isn’t a TSB.

12. Berzerker

Berzerker United States Active Member

Can't find anything on SA333, but SA324 is select 2.0T only.

13. BAM

BAM United States Member

Kia apparently does not typically give loaner cars but I made that deal verbally with my salesman and he has honored it twice I’ve had to go in, even once they kept my Stinger overnight without the problem being fixed. I can say kia service sucks compared to Mazda my last car. It was a 2003 but mazda customer service was impeccable in my experience. They always washed and vacuumed my car without asking. I got my car back from kia and they did not wash nor vacuum, when I asked if they normally do it, rep told me no only when asked. Last time they left fingerprints on my windshield and made no effort to wipe them off. He told me I could come back to get it cleaned...really. I’m not keen on them cleaning it bc they delivered the car to me with dirty water spots on it so I know they won’t do a good job but they could at least make an effort.

14. BIGRED

BIGRED Canada Active Member

Kia has a long way to go in this regard. When they delivered my 2011 Optima SX, it had a half tank of gas. Also very difficult to get loaner cars. They really need to improve their service

15. Scorpio Redux

Scorpio Redux United States Member

"Tailgate Rattle" is continuing after two different dealers have applied this SA322 "fix"...

As I was opening the rear hatch to again try adjusting the 'twist' stops, I noticed that BOTH the left and right struts were leaking oil. Has anyone else observed the same?

16. mikeceli

mikeceli United States Member

Would be great if the rattle turned out to be something loose, inside the struts. UNUSUAL, but possible.

• Like Like x 1
  17. StingerGTandMe

StingerGTandMe United States Active Member

Oh dang. leaking oil, you sure it was a leak or maybe some water mixing with grease from a car wash. That's not good at all if there leaking.

18. jdogonroad

jdogonroad United States Member

I’ve noticed a rattle coming from the tailgate area while driving on neighborhood streets. And in parking lots. GT-2 RWD.

19. ERS

ERS United States Member

Ask your dealership to use the SA322 kit to fix it. It took two trips but is now the rear hatch is totally rattle-free.

• Like Like x 2
  20. jdogonroad

jdogonroad United States Member

Thank you sir!

• Like Like x 3
Draft saved Draft deleted