kia stinger store

Check this out!!! (ECS control module)

Brews

I can try just the power first, but I don't want there to be a failure code for the ECS and have to deal with the dealer and any possibly warranty issues. They used a posi-tap into the small white wire in the bundle on the right side. I'm posting a photo. Unit is grounded into the screw on the far left which others have used.

Attachments

• IMG_3810.JPG
    IMG_3810.JPG
    308.5 KB · Views: 33

General_Vodka

Stinger Enthusiast
Moon
I can try just the power first, but I don't want there to be a failure code for the ECS and have to deal with the dealer and any possibly warranty issues. They used a posi-tap into the small white wire in the bundle on the right side. I'm posting a photo. Unit is grounded into the screw on the far left which others have used.
Just unplug the power connector from the Mando then.

Brews

Just unplug the power connector from the Mando then.
The installer thought that might be a problem if the tee connector in the steering column depended on the Mando being powered to pass the signal from the ECS at all. If there was no signal whatsoever then it would sense an ECS failure. It’s a guess, since he wasn’t positive. He thought it might make sense to pull that steering column connection off too and restore the original connection there. Does that seem too far-fetched? I thought that tee connector would just leave open the option of using the Mando if you wanted it but maybe the Mando box is necessary to complete the loop, so to speak.

General_Vodka

Stinger Enthusiast
Moon
The installer thought that might be a problem if the tee connector in the steering column depended on the Mando being powered to pass the signal from the ECS at all. If there was no signal whatsoever then it would sense an ECS failure. It’s a guess, since he wasn’t positive. He thought it might make sense to pull that steering column connection off too and restore the original connection there. Does that seem too far-fetched? I thought that tee connector would just leave open the option of using the Mando if you wanted it but maybe the Mando box is necessary to complete the loop, so to speak.
without power the mando cant do anything. the T should have no effect if the mando is dead. it could be a bad connection in the T, make sure everything is in the right place.

Brews

without power the mando cant do anything. the T should have no effect if the mando is dead. it could be a bad connection in the T, make sure everything is in the right place.
I disconnected the Mando physically, and no error codes, no rough idle. I reconnected it and had no issue using the phone to control it m, engine did seem rougher, and I noted the green light on the Mando box was always flashing. Is it supposed to be flashing or on continuously?

General_Vodka

Stinger Enthusiast
Moon
I disconnected the Mando physically, and no error codes, no rough idle. I reconnected it and had no issue using the phone to control it m, engine did seem rougher, and I noted the green light on the Mando box was always flashing. Is it supposed to be flashing or on continuously?
Once it pairs it should stop flashing no?

twn2rbo

Huh that's strange. First time I heard of this issue. Unplug the power and see what it does but I think this was a failed install. What wire or fuse did they use for power?
My shop did the install, and followed the video and recommended wires to tap into etc. We are following this thread and I have reached out to others who have installed. None have ever come across this. Simple to unplug the power and disconnect the t harness and see what happens. We are available anytime to check everything out, if you are back in the area.

ephone

West Michigan
I just spent a solid hour reading up on the Mando ESC controller, and I just want to confirm that there really is no consensus regarding what damping force is being controlled - i.e. rebound vs compression? I saw one of the videos from Korea where the guy was pushing on his trunk after changing the settings with the Mando App. On the soft setting he could visibility compress the suspension, and on hard, he could hardly get the rear to compress at all. If that's the only effect, then it's definitely compression that is being changed - but the weird thing is that most non-electronic adjustable shocks only allow rebound adjustment, while some high-end shocks allow separate control of both.

Submarines

Newish Member
I just spent a solid hour reading up on the Mando ESC controller, and I just want to confirm that there really is no consensus regarding what damping force is being controlled - i.e. rebound vs compression? I saw one of the videos from Korea where the guy was pushing on his trunk after changing the settings with the Mando App. On the soft setting he could visibility compress the suspension, and on hard, he could hardly get the rear to compress at all. If that's the only effect, then it's definitely compression that is being changed - but the weird thing is that most non-electronic adjustable shocks only allow rebound adjustment, while some high-end shocks allow separate control of both.

It's compression only from what I understand from the diagrams and patent description:

Mando's Patent Application: US20090200503A1

"When the volume of the compression chamber C2 varies to cause pressure variation by movement of the piston valve 13, the operating fluid is supplied from the reserve chamber C3 to the compression chamber C2 or is withdrawn from the compression chamber C2 to the reserve chamber C3. "

ephone

West Michigan
I just installed the Mando controller on my G70. I just ran the default Sport & Comfort mode and I'm amazed at how good it is. The sport setting feels much "sportier" then the stock setting, yet also seem more comfortable. I can't understand why the car wasn't programmed this way from the factory.

Waynerm002

2500 Posts Club!
Arizona
When I drove the G70 last year, the comfort setting, for me was a good sport setting for the 2018 Stinger I had at the time. Sport was too hard for local streets with broken pavements, making it stiffer than I would like. I'm still searching for that sport setting that is also comfortable.

nhcowboy28

2500 Posts Club!
Alpharetta, GA
Here is the switched 20A I used (power port)
08449FC7-540A-47D6-8FA4-EDF20720F02C.jpeg