Will/would/have you rebadge(d) your Stinger?

Will/would/have you rebadge(d) your Stinger?

• Yes. I have rebadged my Stinger, or likely will do so in the future

Votes: 219 81.7%
  • No. I have not rebadged my Stinger, nor am I likely to do so in the future

Votes: 49 18.3%

• Total voters

Bob Mac

hey mate. I took the front Kia badge off today pretty easily, however I can still see the oval outline on the black paint. Any tips on what product to use to get it off?
Put the badge back on and see if what I did suits you. I left all Kia badges in place, but removed 'Stinger and GT2' from rear. I had some black car wrap film that I used to cover all Kia badging, front, rear, wheels centre caps and steering wheel. I got the Stinger specific GT logos made for each location, stuck them on top of the black car wrap for a total re-badging cost of $10 bucks. Now nothing on the car says Kia except for the very small glass labelling. Kia gets more advertising from this because people want to know what the car is, then I get to talk with them about it. Pretentious types might just see Kia and keep on walking.

stung cb

Put the badge back on and see if what I did suits you. I left all Kia badges in place, but removed 'Stinger and GT2' from rear. I had some black car wrap film that I used to cover all Kia badging, front, rear, wheels centre caps and steering wheel. I got the Stinger specific GT logos made for each location, stuck them on top of the black car wrap for a total re-badging cost of $10 bucks. Now nothing on the car says Kia except for the very small glass labelling. Kia gets more advertising from this because people want to know what the car is, then I get to talk with them about it. Pretentious types might just see Kia and keep on walking.
"and keep walking on" A bit of an ego thing going on? It is a Kia and you should accept that. What manufacturers badge would you leave on your car?

MerlintheMad

10000 Posts Club!
West Jordan, Y00TAW
hey mate. I took the front Kia badge off today pretty easily, however I can still see the oval outline on the black paint. Any tips on what product to use to get it off?
I'd try vigorously hand buffing the clear coat before trying to use something to "get it off". Meguiar's polishing compound first. If that doesn't do it, then try hand buffing with their rubbing compound; and if that works, then follow up with the polishing compound and then some wax. (Any similar product designed to do the same thing should work.)

seh0872

I take possession of my GT1 on Thursday and intend to have a neighbor (who is better at this than me) change the hood badge, wheel caps, and steering wheel emblem. I'm going with the round Stinger badge on the hood, but am divided on which wheel caps to get...the red GT ones intrigue me, but so do both the Stinger logo and the Stinger worded ones...anyone have any pictures of their car with these various caps on them?

Ozstung

Sustaining Member
Western Sydney.
I take possession of my GT1 on Thursday and intend to have a neighbor (who is better at this than me) change the hood badge, wheel caps, and steering wheel emblem. I'm going with the round Stinger badge on the hood, but am divided on which wheel caps to get...the red GT ones intrigue me, but so do both the Stinger logo and the Stinger worded ones...anyone have any pictures of their car with these various caps on them?
Maybe try the forum gallery section plenty o' Stingers in all they're guises there.

Stinger GT SS

5000 Posts Club!
Sydney, NSW
My steering wheel emblem, purchased from the forum store.
04841BFA-D901-4A62-ACBE-A8D137B25DCF.jpeg

Stinger GT SS

5000 Posts Club!
Sydney, NSW
Iv

I’ve ordered a bunch of stuff from him this week. Just praying it makes it over here before Christmas lol. I’ve been unable to purchase anything from eBay or amazon etc due to corona!
If you bought from Sal, he dispatches his orders pretty quick, but after that your at the behest of the US Postal Service & Australia Post.

My girlfriend bought this 2020 GT 2 stinger ( long story, short version, I bought her a diamond ring and a new Chevy Colorado ) for me last Friday. I had planned to re badge her ( the car not my girlfriend ) but I've been amazed how many people are stopping me at lights or parking in front of my house to get out and check out the car. As I'm sure y'all know, they are amazed it's a Kia. ??? I'm gonna leave the badges alone. Too bad that the Kia name has such a bad connotation from the early years.

Kia Stinger

Staff member
Palm Beach, FL
My girlfriend bought this 2020 GT 2 stinger ( long story, short version, I bought her a diamond ring and a new Chevy Colorado ) for me last Friday. I had planned to re badge her ( the car not my girlfriend ) but I've been amazed how many people are stopping me at lights or parking in front of my house to get out and check out the car. As I'm sure y'all know, they are amazed it's a Kia. ??? I'm gonna leave the badges alone. Too bad that the Kia name has such a bad connotation from the early years.
If you ever want to rebadge but still give credit to Kia, you could use their own "Vintage K" design to replace KIA. It was used in Europe. Not sure why they stopped making it... VINTAGE K PRODUCTS

MerlintheMad

10000 Posts Club!
West Jordan, Y00TAW
I'm gonna leave the badges alone.
I did that: under "K" skins. :D As Sal says, just do the Kia "K". When the novelty of mystifying people with the "K" wears off (been c. a year and a half so far, and I still enjoy having "K" over KIA), I will remove the skins and return to KIA.

MerlintheMad

10000 Posts Club!
West Jordan, Y00TAW

Travis Wills

Wait, yours had a GT2 logo on the rear? I didn’t know any of the Stingers came with that?