Will/would/have you rebadge(d) your Stinger?

Will/would/have you rebadge(d) your Stinger?

• Yes. I have rebadged my Stinger, or likely will do so in the future

Votes: 219 81.7%
  • No. I have not rebadged my Stinger, nor am I likely to do so in the future

Votes: 49 18.3%

• Total voters

Janguli

Any photos of the Stinger steering wheel with the "new and improved" E logo overlay? I'm a very visual person...
I just received it and will not be placing it on my steering wheel, unsure if I can return it as I opened the packaging. All badges with the E symbol have sculpted lines in the E, on this badge those details are kind of melted/not defined and just blah, is the only way I can think to describe it. You would also need to bend it quite a bit to get it to fit the curvature of the OEM badge, only the center would make a connection with both sides significantly being raised.

As long as there are no hiccups I will be taking delivery of my 2020 GT1 RWD this evening. I have zero plans to change the badges on the Stinger. I have seen so many videos and the only badge work that seems to make sense to me is the "Stinger" script front and center on the rear. Since that is a 2020 thing already I am good to go.

From a badge perspective I guess I just don't get it. I understand removing all badges for a clean look. Totally get that. Using badges that make the car what it is not. Alternate logos or otherwise...it is still a Kia and I am looking forward to actually flaunting that point. For me I guess changing the badges is no different than someone who up badges a vehicle. It's not what it is.

To each there own though and I cannot wait to become an official part of the Stinger club this evening! :)

MerlintheMad

10000 Posts Club!
West Jordan, Y00TAW
To each there own though and I cannot wait to become an official part of the Stinger club this evening! :)
Let us know right away. Welcome, now, anyway!:thumbup: Post pics when you take possession.

Pumbaa

Perth, Australia
As long as there are no hiccups I will be taking delivery of my 2020 GT1 RWD this evening. I have zero plans to change the badges on the Stinger. I have seen so many videos and the only badge work that seems to make sense to me is the "Stinger" script front and center on the rear. Since that is a 2020 thing already I am good to go.

From a badge perspective I guess I just don't get it. I understand removing all badges for a clean look. Totally get that. Using badges that make the car what it is not. Alternate logos or otherwise...it is still a Kia and I am looking forward to actually flaunting that point. For me I guess changing the badges is no different than someone who up badges a vehicle. It's not what it is.

Not sure I agree with you when you say "Using badges that make the car what it is not".. All the Alternate Badges that are available and that people use are all KIA badges, just various versions, ranging from Original/Retro KIA emblems that have been used over the years to newer versions like the "E" badge which denotes KIA's version of say a Mercedes AMG or BMW's M series.. so even though they don't maybe SAY KIA, they are all in fact 100% KIA..

Last edited:

Kia Stinger

Staff member
Palm Beach, FL
I just received it and will not be placing it on my steering wheel, unsure if I can return it as I opened the packaging. All badges with the E symbol have sculpted lines in the E, on this badge those details are kind of melted/not defined and just blah, is the only way I can think to describe it.
It sounds like the old version would be better for you. It has more of a chiseled look:

We can do an exchange if you like. But the one you received looks exactly the same as the one pictured on the order page. I know what you mean, though. It's a softer look...

You would also need to bend it quite a bit to get it to fit the curvature of the OEM badge, only the center would make a connection with both sides significantly being raised.
You don't need to bend it in order to fit. Clean the KIA piece with alcohol and hold the steering wheel overlay in place for 45-60 seconds. It'll stick left, right, up, down - everywhere. There would be no edge sticking up. It's very strong 3M tape.

stung cb

I couldn't agree with you more on the badge removal thing. I caught hell on this forum several months ago when I indicated it was rather goofy to replace the Kia badge with something else. In the last four months I've purchased a 2020 GT2 AWD, 2020 K900 and a 2017 Forte. All three will be keeping their Kia badge(s). But.....as you say "to each their own" Good luck with your GT1.

Not sure I agree with you when you say "Using badges that make the car what it is not".. All the Alternate Badges that are available and that people use are all KIA badges, just various versions, ranging from Original/Retro KIA emblems that have been used over the years to newer versions like the "E" badge which denotes KIA's version of say a Mercedes AMG or BMW's M series.. so even though they don't maybe SAY KIA, they are all in fact 100% KIA..
Totally understood. Many will not agree based on the number of videos and comments I have seen. The badges aren't stateside Kia so I guess that is where I have my take. Some of the badges do look REALLY nice...I just can't do it. :)

But...who knows what will happen now that the deal is done and I have one in the garage! :cool:

Attachments

Last edited:

MerlintheMad

10000 Posts Club!
West Jordan, Y00TAW
"Isn't she lovely ..." :)

Nasscar

1000 Posts Club!
Perth, Western Australia

Welcome to the Stinger club and congrats.

Nasscar

1000 Posts Club!
Perth, Western Australia

So is the large Stinger script on the rear of the car standard on 2020 models now.

Nuthadey

Hello Nut man. I thank you for the offer. You can never have too many Kia badges but I've already mounted a Kia badge above the rear Stinger Badge. Did you replace that Kia badge you want to send me with that E badge thing that looks like the Batman logo??
Nope. My car has the Stinger script across the back.

Pic of the Kia badge over the Stinger script?

Gtecko

Stinger Enthusiast
Halifax, NS
Is there a step-by-step to replacing the front emblem with the “E” badge? Just got a Stinger and thinking I might replace the hood badge.
to each their own , there is no miracle method. have you googled some videos ?

honestly, hair dryer, goo gone, fishing line or floss ... and that is about it. Take your time !