Will/would/have you rebadge(d) your Stinger?

Will/would/have you rebadge(d) your Stinger?

• Yes. I have rebadged my Stinger, or likely will do so in the future

Votes: 208 82.2%
  • No. I have not rebadged my Stinger, nor am I likely to do so in the future

Votes: 45 17.8%

• Total voters

westcoastGT

5000 Posts Club!
Vancouver , Canada
Simple binary poll.

Rebadging includes any changes to the appearance of the stock badges - replacing them, covering them, altering them in any way.
Thanks M , this will tell a truer story !

MerlintheMad

10000 Posts Club!
West Jordan, Y00TAW
Simple, but not as fun! :p

Stinger GT SS

5000 Posts Club!
Sydney, NSW
Here is an example of various Genuine Kia Motors badges complete with Kia Part Numbers...interesting.
9C6444A0-3183-411C-8280-FF5A3F6E4ACB.jpeg

Last edited:

Ozstung

Sustaining Member
Western Sydney.
Now that's a better Poll! This will tell a clearer story.

Stinger GT SS

5000 Posts Club!
Sydney, NSW

westcoastGT

5000 Posts Club!
Vancouver , Canada
The poll should say how ashamed are you of showing your Kia badge. :D
how do we remove the Kia branding on the window glass ?? .........................Bawaaaaaaaa :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

invisible1d

Newish Member
United Kingdom
The poll should say how ashamed are you of showing your Kia badge. :D
Yeah I'm kinda in the same boat. I'm not ashamed, but do think the KIA name design isn't much to look at (and you have to look at the steering wheel badge all the time) and that would be the reason if I changed the badges.

However, when asked what car it is, you've still got to explain it's a Kia and in the UK at least, still got to explain why on earth you've bought a Kia.

So hmmmmm, I'm undecided what to do. But I do think Kia should sell the Stinger as more Stinger, less Kia. I mean really?! ONE Stinger badge?!

Ozstung

Sustaining Member
Western Sydney.
Yeah I'm kinda in the same boat. I'm not ashamed, but do think the KIA name design isn't much to look at (and you have to look at the steering wheel badge all the time) and that would be the reason if I changed the badges.

However, when asked what car it is, you've still got to explain it's a Kia and in the UK at least, still got to explain why on earth you've bought a Kia.

So hmmmmm, I'm undecided what to do. But I do think Kia should sell the Stinger as more Stinger, less Kia. I mean really?! ONE Stinger badge?!
As an ex pat I can imagine brand snobbery would probably be more severe in the UK. Well done on your choice, now go get some badges and really do their heads in lol.

Stinger GT SS

5000 Posts Club!
Sydney, NSW
We had 2 English tourists come up to us yesterday & asked us what kind of car that is as they had never seen one in the UK.
They were blown away when we told them it was a KIA & we also informed them that they are available in the UK, they were very impressed.

invisible1d

Newish Member
United Kingdom
I'd like to know this too. Will have to contact my dealer. I suspect the warranty between the US and UK allows for different things. I'd bet a million dollars in the UK Kia won't allow it since it requires holes being sealed. UK is super stingy when it comes to "we like our customers" things like this.

lun471k

The fact that some members shown that their front badge had the clear coat applied OVER it scared me a little bit.

I don't want to remove the badge and hurt the paint around it. I might ask my dealership to do it.

cncBilly

1000 Posts Club!
North Vancouver

cncBilly

1000 Posts Club!
North Vancouver
The fact that some members shown that their front badge had the clear coat applied OVER it scared me a little bit.

I don't want to remove the badge and hurt the paint around it. I might ask my dealership to do it.
Don't be scared. If you can put your own gas in, you can remove a badge.

westcoastGT

5000 Posts Club!
Vancouver , Canada

my humble opinion is DONT let your dealer touch your badges , take it to a good body shop , they remove and apply badges all the time ................Dealers , not !