Hey! I see you! Please take two seconds to sign up! We'd love to have you as a member of our Kia Stinger club. You have nothing to lose and so much to gain... :)

Which is everyone's favorite car wax?

Discussion in 'Kia Stinger Detailing Discussion' started by Kia Stinger, Feb 21, 2018.

1. CaliSting

CaliSting United States Active Member

Bees wax of course

2. voon

voon Switzerland Stinger Enthusiast

Bees wax is actually a component of a few carnauba mixtures :)

3. Euljiro1ga

Euljiro1ga Active Member

A timely video.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Stinger4Banger

Stinger4Banger United States Newish Member

IMG_20180419_113230__01.jpg IMG_20180419_113240.jpg

Some beading after the recent random rain San Diego had a few days ago. This is using blacklight as a glaze and jetseal on top of that. No butter wet wax since I had no time that day :whistle:

5. JimmyGT

JimmyGT Australia Newish Member

I’ve used Meguiar’s ultimate wax. I get a great finish for not much effort and the wax is pretty hydrophobic so the beading is good.

6. Dannyar

Dannyar United States Active Member

I used the CarGuys one that has carnauba and goes for like 18$ on amazon. its a black bottle that provides a great mirror like finishes and goes on either dry or wet. see picture below.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  7. voon

Looks good. Important is how long it now lasts and how well water and dirts gets off it when washing etc.

8. derek0609

derek0609 United States Member

Gyeon One Q2

Attached Files:

9. voon

Put my CQuartz UK 3.0 on as well as soft99 Glaco on the windows ... resulting in this kind of DropletPr0n:

20180514_170725.jpg 20180514_170808.jpg 20180514_170849.jpg 20180514_170904.jpg 20180514_170935.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  10. Euljiro1ga

Euljiro1ga Active Member

b e a u t i f u l !

• Like Like x 1
  11. AV8R

AV8R Australia 2500 Posts Club! Staff Member Authorized Vendor Moderator

Turtle ice liquid wax plus Meguires Fast Finish

12. Volvowith18psi

Volvowith18psi United States Active Member

Call me a fan boy but when its time, Adams. I love all their shit cause it works (I think their orange tire cleaner is my favorite product). I just did the 1st 3 stage correction today (14 hours ish) with Wolfgang 3.0 and the trusty Porter Cable, but I still had to break out the blue pad/polish from Adams to fix a small area and it delivered, like always.

13. MisterMac

MisterMac United States Active Member

Two coats of Liquid Glass for my base coat. Then one coat of Turtle Wax Ice spray wax. Final coat of Knipps KPS#635 Eraser Perfection Sealant.

14. Dave McNamara

Dave McNamara United States Newish Member

I love using Adam's Polishes products. I have been using just about all of their products for the past 4 years. They have great customer service and great videos on all their products. I've used their Buttery Wax and also their Americana Paste Wax and they give great gloss depth, shine, and protection. I just did a full detail on my silky silver today including 2 step paint correction using their products. Check them out.

15. AV8R

Ok officially Chemical guys Butter wet wax with V07 detail on top ...outstanding!
    EAEE8970-6BC4-4EC6-88EE-82E5DC371D1F.jpeg CE0CB8CC-6B88-4FD3-B60A-3E045AEEC601.jpeg

16. OliverNuther

OliverNuther Australia Active Member

Wish there were that many empty car parks at my local Bunnings. Car looks fantastic. I’ve looked at the Chemical Guys products but freight from your side of the country to mine costs a bomb.

17. AV8R

How the hell did you know I was in a Bunnings car Park?
    Anyway if you like try these guys in Perth who supply the chemical guys stuff as it’s where I get mine from.
    Chemical Guys Western Australia
    Otherwise tell me what you want and I can found out how much to post it to you via Austpost.

18. OliverNuther

Can’t give away all my secrets but have a look in the background of your pic. You’ll work it out.

Thanks for the link but that’s the one I’ve already checked out. I know it seems counter intuitive baulking at 20-30 bucks freight after droppping Xthousand on the car but I don’t know enough about detailing products to know whether it’s worth paying the freight compared to buying similar stuff locally without the freight costs.

19. AV8R

They use austpost anyway. Just bought some more stuff today. Its worth it to get butter wet wax and v07 detail spray anyway. I bought 4 litres of the V07!

20. OliverNuther

I just had another look. A gallon of the butter wet wax is 65 bucks and freight is 35 bucks. 100 bucks total. Like I said I’m sure it’s good stuff but freight to me is wasted money if I can get similar stuff locally.

Draft saved Draft deleted