Which is everyone's favorite car wax?

DGambit

I just tried Chemical Guys HydroSlick Hyperwax. It's supposed to be a wax/ceramic hybrid, and so far it's great. I like it because it's safe on everything like plastics and glass. I've been able to just dust the car off and any bird droppings have come off simply and with ease. I waxed the windshield and drove through a monsoon of a thunderstorm and didn't have to use my wipers (I did anyway to be safe) but in the first half mile I could see perfectly fine and it beads the water great. I'm happy with it, idk if it's the greatest but for what I paid it's great.

Whitt937

Dayton, OH
The color changed when I got a new phone. The old phone and google photos added a filter that makes it look white or even a lil blue. I guess i should update the avatar photo so it looks better and we look crazy after the fact..

Hockster

Stinger Enthusiast
Edmonton, AB, CA
Griot's Garage Best of Show. Solid product and the spray on is great.

찌르는 것 GT1

Newish Member
Okay, which car wax is your favorite? I'd like to see as many brands/names as possible and then we'll put up a poll...
I buy glaze, vibra-cut, carnuba, and ceramic products at Detail King... out of Pittsburgh, PA

찌르는 것 GT1

Newish Member
Recently applied white light from chemical guys. It looks HOT! Plus it so easy to apply and clean after, as it takes 15-20 minutes to cure. Plenty of time to have a sip of beer

Yeah, forgot to mention Chemical Guys too...

I switch between Detail King and Chemical guys , depending on sales/specials.

Great products from both retailers.

CeraMike

Florida
Used Meguiar’s Ultimare Liquid Wax for years. Protected fairly well, but was always a bit frustrating to apply. Last time around I switched over to their Hybrid Ceramic Liquid Wax. Application/removal was FAR more pleasant than the ULW, and it beads like crazy. Time will tell on longevity but so far so good.

RonNSoCal

Newbury Park, CA
just wanted to show off... this combo worked out REAL well for me.. I also started with adam's iron remover
View attachment 45963 View attachment 45964 View attachment 45965 View attachment 45966
I have been using Bead Maker lately as a wax/sealant following a good polishing with Maguires Ultimate compound. So far, the results have been very promising. I have been using it like a detailing spray lately and it keeps both the Stinger and the SL400 looking flawless with very little work. Our Pantera Metal GT2 was feeling gritty from being left out during the mornings at the golf course. I took a damp towel and wiped off the surface followed by a light mist of Bead Maker. After a quick wipe, it looked freshly waxed in a matter of minutes. Best part is it works well on the windows as well as the paint. I understand the product is a polymer sealant, so it bonds well to protect the paint, as well as producing a great shine. I also am a fan of Pinnacle spray wax, which I also use as a detailing spray and to keep the paint wet when using detailing clay to remove surface contaminants.

Kimberly Lazarski

Maine
What's wax? ;)

Ceramic coating FTW!

Seriously - you can ceramic coat the paint, the trim, the glass, chrome, the wheels - then not have to worry about it for 3-5 years, then a quick claying/buffing of the car and an hour a day for three days reapplying ceramic coat and it's good for another 3-5 years. It doesn't stop beading, and all you need is a light washing, and the car maintains a nice deep gloss. No white oopsies to clean off of black trim, no dealing with "Oh shoot, it's too cold to wax" for five to six months of the year... seriously, why wax? Leave waxing for the masochists...

Last edited:

MerlintheMad

10000 Posts Club!
West Jordan, Y00TAW

RonNSoCal

Newbury Park, CA
Maybe it is the milder weather we have in SoCal, but once your paint has been corrected, which is required before doing a ceramic coating, using spray-on products and an occasional clay bar treatment is about all you have to do to keep your paint looking like new here. I prefer polishes and sealants that are synthetic/polymer types, and am not a fan of Carnuba waxes. Call me a skeptic (or worse), but I am not yet convinced that Ceramic treatments result in less work, improved durability or a better shine. I am very happy with the results I am getting using mostly Meguires Ultimate products and do not feel I spend excessive amounts of time keeping up my finish. I must confess, however, that I am retired and OCD and detailing our cars is like a hobby. If anyone lives near Thousand Oaks with a ceramic coated panthera gray Stinger, I would very much like to meet up with you and compare finishes. Being old school, perhaps I am missing something.

Kimberly Lazarski

Maine
FWIW I have a 2005 Saab 9-3. The paint had oxidized on the top surfaces (hood, roof, trunk) and was rather dead and dull after three years of neglect (I lived in an apartment for a few years). After buffing it out through all the usual stages last summer it was much better still not super glossy. I then applied ceramic coating (I used Avalon King, but all the real ceramic coatings should really deliver identical results) and whoa... it didn't really look like new what with all of the thousands of tiny rock chips... but it looked at least as glossy as it did new. It has gone through a tough Maine winter, and all I've done is rinse it off and water still beads off like it was freshly waxed, and even the roof which looked completely dead still looks good. I'll get around to washing it, but really... I've gotten by with just rinsing it off. I also did our Forester Limited which looked great and beaded everything off through the winter, until February when we traded it in on a new Forester Sport

Ceramic coating really is all that. Don't bother with waxing. Pick a real ceramic coating - any brand will do.