1. We're having a vote for the location of our upcoming KIA Stinger dot com StingerFest. Please CLICK HERE to cast your vote!
Hey! I see you! Please take two seconds to sign up! We'd love to have you as a member of our Kia Stinger club. You have nothing to lose and so much to gain... :)

Wheel/size/offset and tire/size/profile...can be confusing.

Discussion in 'Suspension, Brakes, Wheels, Tires Discussion' started by Shrikecorp, May 2, 2019.

1. Manaz

Manaz Australia Active Member

The lugs/wheel studs have one job - and that is to pull your wheel firmly against the hub.

If you start relying on them to do other things, then you're compromising their role.

I would absolutely recommend hub-centric rings - and metal ones, not plastic. I've seen plastic ones lose shape with heat...

2. WildBill

WildBill United States Active Member

Just ordered a set of 19x9.5 Niche Misano M116 +35 wheels in Gunmetal. They will be wrapped in 255/35R19 Firehawk Indy 500s
    I'm an AWD GT2 at stock ride height and will be adding F&R Eibach sways and ATQ collars as well.

Should be an entirely different machine :thumbup:

• Like Like x 1
  3. Shrikecorp

Shrikecorp United States Active Member Sustaining Member

Nice...should be just about flush both front and rear, I'd think? Want pics when they arrive :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Shrikecorp

5. YOWStinger

YOWStinger Canada Active Member

Beautiful! Thanks for updating the sheet!

6. Shrikecorp

7. WildBill

I picked up my rims and tires today. Does not look like the 19x9.5 Niche Misano wheels will work on their own at a +35 offset.
    Things spin but I can't get the thickness of cereal box cardboard between the rim and the strut.
    Am heading back to the tire shop tomorrow to see what my options are. Likely 5mm spacers on the front. I had originally requested +30 but they didn't come in that offset. Damn...

• Like Like x 1
  8. Shrikecorp

Bum deal. You happen to know what the backspacing is on those? Seems like that's a factor that might need careful consideration as well. I know I'm going to be changing wheels at some point soon enough, things like your situation make me plenty apprehensive. But I'm sure they'll be able to fix you up.

Hmm...nope, 6.63. There went that theory. Tire that's too close?

Last edited: May 24, 2019 at 1:16 AM
  9. Tobstertx3

Tobstertx3 United States Active Member Texas Stinger Swarm

Will get better pictures for you, to show the poke also.

• Like Like x 1
  10. WildBill

Can you clarify 6.63? 6.63 vs what known good or bad value?
    The inner rim and inner tire are flush with one another so they both have identical clearance issues to the strut.

My tire shop has new TPMS sensors on order that don't have the valve stem sticking out. They said that and a 5mm hubcentric spacer should get things working on the front. Looking at next Wednesday now...

11. Kazz

Kazz United States 1000 Posts Club! Texas Stinger Swarm

Am I blind or are the 18" wheels not documented?

12. Shrikecorp

Trying to determine the value of backspacing as an indicator. Seems like it ought to be, and seemed like higher values aligned to clearance for calipers, strut, etc. But I'm thinking I may be on crack with that.

Indeed, and they need to be. I'll see about adding the OEM 18" setup.

13. CeramicGT2

CeramicGT2 United States Member

So, if I am reading the chart correctly, we can fit a 285/30/19 on a 19x9.5 ET40 wheel in the rear without issues?

I ask because I want to upgrade the size of my rear tires, but I’m not sure I want to go beyond 275.

Last edited: May 25, 2019 at 2:57 AM
  14. YOWStinger

That should be just fine, you may be able to go up to a 285/35r19 given that we put 285/30 on a 20.

15. YOWStinger

Last edited: May 25, 2019 at 10:56 AM
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Logic717

Logic717 United States Member

I like those a lot. I personally just wish it had a bit more concavity, but would something like this be a flush fit? looks like it also comes in two colors that would look good on a stinger.

17. YOWStinger

Yup, this should be pretty flush, exact same specs as @Kamauxx . Agreed on the concavity, you'll see it a little around the hubs but the spokes are pretty flat across the face. The colours are good and the look and feel follows the same general y spoke design of the stock 19s.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Logic717

Logic717 United States Member

should look pretty good while rolling though. You're right about the price, sold at discount tire and right at 1k for a set of FF lightweight wheels isn't bad at all.

Draft saved Draft deleted