What did you pay for your Kia Stinger?

stingerbeagle

California
I bought another Stinger yesterday. Did the same deal I did back in October. Back in October of 2019, I bought a 2019 AWD GT2, paid exactly $38,985, after doing the 24-month lease rebate/buyout trick. Drove it hard and fast for 6 months, and sold it for $39k. It only had 6k miles on it.

Went back to the same dealership for the exact same deal on a 2020 AWD GT2. Here's the deal:

MSRP: $54,140.

10% off of MSRP: $48,726.

Less 24-month lease rebate of $10,100.

Plus Lease Acquisition Fee of $650.

Plus Doc Fee of $199.

Adjusted Cap Cost: $39,475. I will pay it off completely within the next 30 days.

I will sell it in the next 6 months, rinse and repeat for a 2021.
Impressive.

Any sales taxes where you are? At 10%, it would make this pattern very expensive for me.

Lonz

In order to do this you have to pay off the car in full right? I am securing a private loan to finance the lease buyout so it won't be paid off for a while and I am estimating 3-4% in interest on top of the adjusted cap cost.
Yes, you need to mail Kia Finance a check for the full amount, and complete the odometer disclosure. They'll send you a link to complete the disclosure online. It's very easy!

Lonz

Impressive.

Any sales taxes where you are? At 10%, it would make this pattern very expensive for me.
No, I do not have to pay sales tax. Let me explain why. Here in the state of Missouri (red state), we're allowed to take the proceeds from a previous sale and apply it to the new car sales price, so that the taxes can off-set, regardless if it's a Private Party sale or dealer trade-in. In my situation, I sold my previous Stinger for $39k, and will use this to off-set the $38,626 that I will pay for the 2020 Stinger (you don't pay taxes on the lease acquisition fee or the doc fee). Now, if I sold my 2019 for $35k, I'd have to pay taxes on the difference between $38,626 and $35k, which would translate into taxes on $3,626, or roughly $300 in total taxes, based on a 9% tax rate... Hope this makes sense...

AlphaBravoTango

How does one find the current lease incentives? Are they available nationally or based on local offers?
Looking to buy a GT2 during 4th of July weekend but would love to do the lease buyout if the incentive is good enough.
Thanks for the help!

stasek

Chicagoland
How does one find the current lease incentives? Are they available nationally or based on local offers?
Looking to buy a GT2 during 4th of July weekend but would love to do the lease buyout if the incentive is good enough.
Thanks for the help!
The easiest way:

Change the zip code and trim....

StingerGTFan

Virginia
Been talking with a local dealer about getting into a Stinger GT. I’ve got one at 34,600 out the door on a RWD GT Base, and another around 37 OTD on an AWD Base. Are either of these good deals, or could I get lower? Located in Virginia if that makes a difference

heyheyal

I'm in the Carolina's and getting the car from Union County Kia. Not a lease buy back. I went through the Costco Auto Program.

Psy
I just sent in request for Costco. The dealer they sent back has no Stingers in stock (per their website inventory) Be interesting to see what they say on Monday. Can you post your bill of sale for negotiating purposes. What incentives were included in your deal?

PsylockeSmythe

Newish Member
I just sent in request for Costco. The dealer they sent back has no Stingers in stock (per their website inventory) Be interesting to see what they say on Monday. Can you post your bill of sale for negotiating purposes. What incentives were included in your deal?
The paperwork is still at the dealer. All I have is the vary faint bill of sale that we signed so that I can send it to my CU to get my loan.

The dealer also had trouble finding what I was looking for, which was a Blue GT1 RWD and found one that they could do a dealer trade on in Georgia. I am having to pay to have them ship it to the dealer. I didn't want it drive somewhere between 250 and 300 miles before I even received the car.

My backup color was going to be White, but they were unable to locate that color either. It seems that finding a RWD GT1 in either Blue or White in the area is a challenge. Everyone has them in either AWD, one of the other trim levels or they are either Black or Red for the car color. None of which I want.

As I told the dealer, if they couldn't find what I was looking for, that I would wait until they did.

Psy

heyheyal

The paperwork is still at the dealer. All I have is the vary faint bill of sale that we signed so that I can send it to my CU to get my loan.

The dealer also had trouble finding what I was looking for, which was a Blue GT1 RWD and found one that they could do a dealer trade on in Georgia. I am having to pay to have them ship it to the dealer. I didn't want it drive somewhere between 250 and 300 miles before I even received the car.

My backup color was going to be White, but they were unable to locate that color either. It seems that finding a RWD GT1 in either Blue or White in the area is a challenge. Everyone has them in either AWD, one of the other trim levels or they are either Black or Red for the car color. None of which I want.

As I told the dealer, if they couldn't find what I was looking for, that I would wait until they did.

Psy
Ok thanks. When I was looking about 9 months ago you could have had your pick. It seems now there aren’t that many available. I suppose the heavy incentives started moving the cars. I have reached out to about 10 dealers already.

PsylockeSmythe

Newish Member
Ok thanks. When I was looking about 9 months ago you could have had your pick. It seems now there aren’t that many available. I suppose the heavy incentives started moving the cars. I have reached out to about 10 dealers already.
I know what you mean, I can find plenty of GT-Line, GT2's or GT's in the color that I want, but finding a RWD GT1 has been like trying to find a unicorn in the wild.

Psy