Hey! I see you! Please take two seconds to sign up! We'd love to have you as a member of our Kia Stinger club. You have nothing to lose and so much to gain... :)

What did you pay for your Kia Stinger?

Discussion in 'Kia Stinger Talk' started by Kia Stinger, Nov 20, 2017.

1. Jmatthews

Jmatthews United States Newish Member

2018 gt2 2200 miles 450$ for 36 months no money down at signing end of lease 24300. Will probably buy

2. leecm

leecm United States Member

Went ahead and pulled the trigger on a 2019 Stinger GT2 AWD.
    MSRP: $53,390
    Dealer Discount: $5,000
    24 Month Lease Cash: $8,200
    Down payment: $360 (was actually a delivery deposit that they applied as a down payment)
    Money factor: 0.0025

Below is the lease agreement. Can anyone tell me if they worked the numbers to get a higher payment? I was a little confused by how the lease cash was handled. See attached (photoshopped the numbers because the print is super faded and hard to read) lease agreement.jpg

3. Kyle

Kyle United States Member

Your money factor is a tad high compared to what a lot of people got for their 36 mo. lease (I think people got as low as 0.00194) but that may just be from the shorter lease term. The lease cash is typically applied to fees before being used to reduce capital cost I think (this is how dealerships can claim “no money down” a lot of the time, rebates pay for fees, taxes, and first month payment instead of going straight to the capital.

At the end of the day, your buyout amount should be $43,092 +tax. So if you’re planning to buy it out and are happy with that price then no need to fret about leaving a little on the table imo.

Congrats on your stinger!

• Like Like x 1
  4. damtachoa

damtachoa United States Member

Did you guys see the early termination charge if the lease ends early? What if we pay off the car after 2 months of lease? Do we get charge for this fee?

5. twolfcale

twolfcale United States Member

The $300? Yeah we're all aware of that. You will pay it as a part of your buyout, if you choose that route.

6. Chark

Chark United States Newish Member

I think damtachoa is referencing the boxed statement at the bottom of the form. That would really only apply to someone trying to get out of their lease early, and not to someone paying off their lease by paying cash or financing separately. The lease is a contract that you agree to pay a set amount for a set term.

I did notice that leecm's MSRP above the form states a price of $53,390. $5,000 off that would be $48,390, but the amount entered under 7a on the form shows $48,930 - a $540 difference.

7. leecm

I must have typed it wrong. The correct msrp is 53930. Good catch :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Manu

Manu United States Newish Member

I am thinking of pulling the trigger on a 2019 Stinger GT2 AWD. I am in Grand Rapids, MI. Being such an expensive vehicle I am thinking a lot before I jump the gun. I was offered about 50000 including the KMF offer. This includes all the taxes and other fees applied. I am not thinking of leasing. Can someone let me know how much overhead I have to negotiate? Can I negotiate this down to 49,000 or 48,000?

9. sungyu choi

sungyu choi United States Newish Member

if you are willing to make extra effort to save more, go for lease then buyout option and take advantage of 8,200 lease incentive.

10. sungyu choi

sungyu choi United States Newish Member

Do you mind sharing the name of the sales person at Kia of Naperville?

11. leecm

Just initiated my lease buyout on my 2019 GT2 AWD. The total buyout amount is $45,589 including tax. I'm happy with the price and the effort required wasn't much at all (at least up until this point).

Draft saved Draft deleted