• In the 1980s and 1990s we used AOL and Usenet. In the 2000s there were forums and message boards. In the 2010s - and until the very near future - Facebook and Instagram. Something new is coming for Stinger drivers... Become an early adopter of what's next by SIGNING UP HERE. Your email address will not be sold or used in any way other than us communicating more details as we prepare for launch - and we will not communicate often.

What did you pay for your Kia Stinger?

fanglord13

2017 MY18 Pearl White Stinger GT with bi-modal exhaust. Done 105'000km (65k miles). Got her for $46'500AUD ($33'500USD) driveaway (after $2500AUD trade in).

High K's for sure, but all log book services done, 3 year balance of warranty, plus the K's done were 90% highway (150km each way between home and their business).

Drives perfect, not a single worry or quibble so far. I'm 6'6" and 350lbs (198cm and 150kg) and it's the first car I have EVER driven that I didn't need the seat the whole way back to drive :)

bgstewar

I bought it from Executive Kia in Wallingford Connecticut. I live in San Diego. All the dealers in SoCal had "market adjustments" added to the sticker. Some will pay it. Not me. There is no car that I would overpay to get. I searched nationwide. City Kia in Orlando Florida quoted me $68730.87 including tax for the same car but in RWD. I told them no thanks.
Is there an easy way to search Kia's site for inventory? I keep having to google zip codes to find cars and it's very time consuming. I just wish I could enter what I'm looking for and they tell me exactly where they are.

bgstewar

I found a dealer in WI who was charging MSRP so I'm paying $1500 to have it shipped to me in NC. Crazy but this is the cheapest I could find!

The best place to buy Kia Stinger modifications is at KDM Warehouse dot com! The official store of Kia Stinger dot com...

JSolo

1000 Posts Club!
Chicago
Take the scenic route... I imagine no snow once you get south of indianapolis.

True about interstates... Avoid them like the plague.

NYBIOMED

Just bought my 2022 AWD GT-Line, w/ S&S package, today for $500 under MSRP and then the $300 veterans discount from Kia- also 0.9% APR for 60mo. Did a fly-n-ride into Chicago O'Hara, then Uber'd up to Gary Lang Kia in McHenry, IL. They reimbursed me for the Uber. Flight into O'Hara was only $64×2 (wife came too) crashing the night in Chicago ($165/nt + free breakfast), getting some deep dish/buttermilk pizza now, then driving 12 hrs home to NY in the morning. Saving $6000 minus my expenses = WORTH IT!
I worked with Jared
PS: I say $6k saved BC every Kia dealership within hundreds of miles wanted $5k over....fck them

Last edited:

JSolo

1000 Posts Club!
Chicago
As a resident of this fine (not!@) state , I hope you found lodging outside chicago. Sadly you have to go through it to head out east. My advice, leave early in the am and you may make it through this ghetto without getting shot at. Take the tollroad (294) to avoid 94. Probably safer.

Enjoy the new car! pics?

andybob

Just bought my 2022 AWD GT-Line, w/ S&S package, today for $500 under MSRP and then the $300 veterans discount from Kia- also 0.9% APR for 60mo. Did a fly-n-ride into Chicago O'Hara, then Uber'd up to Gary Lang Kia in McHenry, IL. They reimbursed me for the Uber. Flight into O'Hara was only $64×2 (wife came too) crashing the night in Chicago ($165/nt + free breakfast), getting some deep dish/buttermilk pizza now, then driving 12 hrs home to NY in the morning. Saving $6000 minus my expenses = WORTH IT!
I worked with Jared
PS: I say $6k saved BC every Kia dealership within hundreds of miles wanted $5k over....fck them
Enjoy the drive back. I bought an 02 Ram Cummins a while back in South Bend Indiana and it’s a boring drive back to NY. Not sure where you are in NY, but the dealer I purchased my Stinger through in Syracuse is selling at MSRP. They gave us a $1500 rebate even though Kia was only offering $1000.

Similar spec to yours. 22 GT-Line AWD with Sun and sound.

NYBIOMED

Damn, nice deal. How long ago did you buy yours? I'm in the lower Hudson Valley, I'd guess Syracuse in 3 hrs away...which dealer?

The best place to buy Kia Stinger modifications is at KDM Warehouse dot com! The official store of Kia Stinger dot com...
Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Stinger? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

andybob

Damn, nice deal. How long ago did you buy yours? I'm in the lower Hudson Valley, I'd guess Syracuse in 3 hrs away...which dealer?
Bought it 1/11/22. They did a dealer trade with another dealer out in Rochester. Dealer is Kia of East Syracuse. They’ve done well by me. We bought our Telluride there last year and they didn’t charge us any sort of market adjustment on that either.

therockfrog

Newish Member
Trading my GT Line 2022 for a GT1. Just need the speed...you only live once. losing 6K on trade in value but hey, happy husband, happy life....that's it, right!

JSolo

1000 Posts Club!
Chicago
You sure that's the right move with fuel prices the way they are?

therockfrog

Newish Member
Also, I've been getting 24 in sport mode on the GT Line....I will just drive in ECO on the GT and get the same or better until gas prices come down!

ht_addict

Stinger Enthusiast
Hamilton, Ontario
Prices will drop. Hopefully close to the prices pre covid. War, inflation, interest rate hikes will eventually lead the world down the rabbit hole to a recession. Governments have already spent the piggy bank on Covid. They can't go on printing money. At some point it has to be paid back which will only erode the purchasing power of the middle class and poor through higher taxation. Guess for now we can always put regular in the tank. The Stinger when driven conservatively is actually a pretty decent on gas.

andybob

Also, I've been getting 24 in sport mode on the GT Line....I will just drive in ECO on the GT and get the same or better until gas prices come down!
That’s pretty good. Best I’ve seen on mine is around 27 mpg driving on normal 2 lane highways in comfort mode.

My commute is 3/4 thruway and 1/4 city and at 16 miles each way, I really only see about 21 mpg in comfort on my commute.

Transmetal

Stinger Enthusiast
You sure that's the right move with fuel prices the way they are?
I feel like for me, I don't need to worry about fuel until it's almost 10 bucks a gallon. Which I hope to God we never see. We have 4 cars, 3 of which take premium. At that point I'd have to consider not taking out the Lightning as much in the summer. I basically drive my GT in comfort mode until I need to get some place faster so I spend 90% of the time in comfort. Which, in that mode, is decent on gas, but I really don't worry about gas at this point.

Last edited: