kia stinger store

Spark Plugs

We ship 100+ Kia tuners a month. No known issues.

As to the posters individual tech support I'm not really in the loop. I imagine any first time install issue issue from 2 weeks ago has already been resolved though? If not let me know and we'll get it sorted!

Thanks for the quick response, Terry! I'm glad to hear this isn't a common occurrence.

Jdawg3000

Newish Member
We ship 100+ Kia tuners a month. No known issues.

As to the posters individual tech support I'm not really in the loop. I imagine any first time install issue issue from 2 weeks ago has already been resolved though? If not let me know and we'll get it sorted!
The JB4 is on its way to you guys to inspect/replace. Wasn't very happy that I was asked to pay to ship the defective item to you, but fortunately the seller offered to pay.

Stiletto

Sustaining Member +
Virginia Beach, VA
The JB4 is on its way to you guys to inspect/replace. Wasn't very happy that I was asked to pay to ship the defective item to you, but fortunately the seller offered to pay.
You bought the JB4 new or used? If used, you cannot expect the manufacturer to cover your shipping. They have no contract with you, only the original buyer.

HerbieTheCar

Minnesnowta
If you guys didn’t have the screw down gap tool and we’re just using a standard circular gauge, how would you tighten the gap before setting it? Just tap it down?
I gently tapped the metal portion of the spark plug against a workbench. I'd go slow because closing the gap is easier than trying to re-open the gap.

HerbieTheCar

Minnesnowta
this little coil gauge is absolutely horrible, I have no idea how tight the gap is lol I might just wait and order the bms tools
I used a feeler type for gapping my plugs and I think it's the same one BMS offers. You can go to an O'Reilly's or a similar auto parts store to find them. Definitely better than the cheapo ones.

G

G-270996

Guys, 2.0 / 255hp (pre GPF). Need to change factory plugs due to car 'shaking' in 50-80km/h situation.

Looked through websites, some say that HKS 45XL are recommended for stinger 2.0. No mods, will they be good? or should I stick with HKS 40's?
Thanks

ChaneRZ

1000 Posts Club!
Bay Area, California
Found mine to be .028

Fl stingergt

Stinger Enthusiast
Ya I have 2018 built oct 17 they where all between 35 and 36 . Have hks now at 24 . No problems. Run JB4 on 100 almost 20 pounds boost all good. Map 3 e30 and 93 . On stock plugs I was getting blow out on map 2.

Silverghost

I am on stock plugs.
Had the dealer re-gap them to 0.025" very early on in ownership.
Standard- no mods. Done 76 000 km. No issues. Run standard gas from costco.