Hey! I see you! Please take two seconds to sign up! We'd love to have you as a member of our Kia Stinger club. You have nothing to lose and so much to gain... :)

Snow White Pearl Discussion

Discussion in 'Kia Stinger Exterior Discussion' started by Kia Stinger, Nov 23, 2017.

1. Ruturaj

Ruturaj United States Stinger Enthusiast

I wanted white GT2 with red interior, wasn't available last year.

Then I decided silky silver with red interior (never liked ceramic). And Kia stopped making it.

In 2019 White with red was available, so went with that.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Nice Guy

Nice Guy United States Member

2018 white and red

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 3
  3. westcoastGT

westcoastGT 2500 Posts Club!

WOW !! Great work ! Nice

• Like Like x 1
  4. Thanks for posting a pic with that hood! The black hood on white looks great. In my case, because I live in Canada and the shipping rates are outrageous, I decided to set an appointment to wrap my hood. I was unsure how it would look with a black (or carbon fiber in your case) hood. You cemented my excitement!

• Like Like x 1
  5. F4D3D

F4D3D United States Newish Member

Love the Snow White!

Black vinyl roof wrap
    Rear side reflector tinted
    Talights tinted
    H&R Lowering Springs

Plus
    Just put on the headlight amber delete.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 6
  6. MrSmoofy

MrSmoofy United States Active Member Sustaining Member +

Looks awesome but still think the lower springs makes the back look lower than the front. I hear that's because the springs are made for AWD, hoping that come out with some for RWD that makes it more even looking.

• Like Like x 1
  7. robz32

robz32 United States 1000 Posts Club! Staff Member Moderator Texas Stinger Swarm

Looking good.

How are you liking the H&R springs? You are the first member, that I know of, that has them.

Making a separate thread with you review will help a lot.

8. MrSmoofy

??? Your a moderator so I would of expected you were in the know but what about the thread about H&R Sports Springs H&R Sport Springs think there are 2-3 people with them now with reviews.

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. robz32

robz32 United States 1000 Posts Club! Staff Member Moderator Texas Stinger Swarm

It's news to me. As moderators we cover multiple topics in multiple threads. So its been a while since I last ventured over to the suspension and brakes topics.

Thanks for posting your review. And yes, there are now 2 members with the same springs. That we know of.

10. MrSmoofy

If you look at the RWD vs the AWD with those springs the rear is noticeably different the AWD looks great there the RWD for me looks lower then the front and looks odd to me.

11. Manchuz

Manchuz United States Active Member

As Spring is slowly approaching and all the snow melting, I noticed a bunch of 'orange rust spots' all over my car. I understand this is quite common with white cars in general. What's a good product to use to rid of these as they are difficult to scrub off. Some type of iron remover?

12. Lawrence Williams

Lawrence Williams United States Active Member

Friend did a clay bar treatment to his white wrx

13. MrSmoofy

I had mine a couple of weeks after I bought it fully clayed and detailed in and out and then an IGL Ceramic coating put on. Now just taking a hose to the car and the dirt and bugs just spray off. Super easy to clean now.

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. robz32

Try chemical decontamination first. CarPro IronX does a great work, if that doesn't work, go with something a bit more aggressive like a tar remover. If those two fail (which I doubt) then proceed to clay bar.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Revvdmedia

Revvdmedia United States Active Member

Speaking of white, what do you guys think about touch-up paint. I've been using the pen from Kia but I find the color out of the pen doesn't perfectly match my paint. I have one big chip that I've left room for clear coat, not sure if that will help with the color match? I'd like to hear opinions before I seal that paint with clear coat...

I would like to buy the kind with a brush but I think our dealers only have the ball point pens (in Canada).

16. Manchuz

Manchuz United States Active Member

Cool, I ordered a large bottle of the CarPro IronX.

Out of curiosity, do these orange spots only impact those who have to put up with the cold elements of snow, ice, salt? Do you guys who live in warm climates year round get these spots?

17. robz32

I do. Not sure where they come from or how they get stuck to the paint like that.
    Probably its some sort of road grime mixed with grease or engine oil.

18. Revvdmedia

Revvdmedia United States Active Member

I've hypothesized these spots are from brake dust that makes its way through the "slipstream" of the fender brake ducts, stick to the paint and then rust since it is iron.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. eflyguy

eflyguy United States 1000 Posts Club! Staff Member Moderator

It's also coming from the road surface, kicked up by tires. Might be from particles on other vehicles, might be embedded into the aggregate that makes up the road itself. Regardless, you get it everywhere.

20. Paihan Lee

Paihan Lee United States Member

I'm in Southern California and I got them all over my Stinger last year. After a couple of months and weekly car washes, they went away by themselves.

Draft saved Draft deleted