RIP my Stinger

SIMONGUEY

Stinger Enthusiast
hayward ca
Update! Went to court today. I guess my report hasn’t been turned in yet. Went to talk to the DA and they don’t know if they’re pressing charges on me or not. So idk at this point. No blood and alcohol results yet

rpoffen

1000 Posts Club!
California
Update! Went to court today. I guess my report hasn’t been turned in yet. Went to talk to the DA and they don’t know if they’re pressing charges on me or not. So idk at this point. No blood and alcohol results yet
Could be a good thing. You do have the right to a speedy trial, if they can't be prepared in time, it is their fault.

JSolo

1000 Posts Club!
People's Republic Of IL
This happened few days ago... Wrong way driver down the interstate takes out a family of 6 (2 parents, 4 children), and an additional unrelated child (eldest daughter's friend).

The only positive outcome I see here is the wrong way driver (22 yr old) was also killed. They haven't said yet if she was drunk or high or both.

Reading that article reminded me of this thread and how differently things could have turned out.

StingerbyAdoom

1000 Posts Club!
This happened few days ago... Wrong way driver down the interstate takes out a family of 6 (2 parents, 4 children), and an additional unrelated child (eldest daughter's friend).

The only positive outcome I see here is the wrong way driver (22 yr old) was also killed. They haven't said yet if she was drunk or high or both.

Reading that article reminded me of this thread and how differently things could have turned out.
This exact same situation happened last year in NEW Hampshire as well on I-89. It was awful.

stoopid

1000 Posts Club!
Las Vegas, NV
And your lawyer isn't saying/doing anything with this ammunition? I'd be motioning to have this thrown out, they don't have evidence/cause to keep dragging you back into court. If there's no "case", how are they getting you in the court room in the first place? Don't there need to be charges?

IMHO your lawyer needs to be sacked. Don't you have 50 ambulance chasers running TV ads 24/7/365 in your area? Someone will want this soft lob.

The best place to buy Kia Stinger modifications is at KDM Warehouse dot com! The official store of Kia Stinger dot com...

JERisBRISK

Sustaining Member +

And here I was just about to ask if you got your BAC numbers yet. Curious that you have not.

First of all, I'm not a lawyer, and this isn't legal advice, nor is it to be construed as such. This is just my speculation of what *might* be going through the mind of the DA and/or things to be prepared for if they're smarter than the average bear.

Consider that certain facts about the human body are well-established, such as its metabolization rate of alcohol being fixed at 0.016% per hour.

Now, suppose they tested you about 6 hours after you left the bar and found you at 0%. At this point, they probably cannot make a case for intoxication, because they don't know how long you were at 0% BAC and thus, how long it took you to arrive there. You could have been at 0% for 3 minutes or even 3 hours. "Innocent until proven guilty" means they have to side with your own testimony that you were not legally impaired by alcohol when you operated the vehicle.

On the other hand, if they found *any* alcohol in your system, they can work backwards and determine how intoxicated you would have been as of your last drink, taking your own testimony at face value. Supposing it was ~6 hours between when you claimed you left the bar and when they recorded your blood draw. [ 6h x 0.016% BAC / 1h = 0.096% BAC ]. If they add that to your test result (suppose it was 0.001%), they will arrive at a number that indicates means you were driving over the legal limit (in most jurisdictions) of 0.08%.

Again, I'm not a lawyer and I certainly don't know if they're that savvy. I also don't know if the law in your state actually allows for this kind of 'working backwards' to be admissible as evidence in court. But it might be something to steel yourself against.

By the way, if they used gas chromatography to assess your BAC, some say it can be difficult to argue against the accuracy of the process, claiming it is the 'gold standard' for DUI testing. Others assert that it is a very complex process, and thus has multiple places where human or mechanical error can creep in, which can cause the test results to be suspect.

SIMONGUEY

Stinger Enthusiast
hayward ca
UPDATE: still nothing lol. an attorney is working something up but my thick skull doesn't understand squat. no report has been filled on the dui but the crash report has. also still no bac test results.
sadly i don't have the struts. going to sell my jb4 and stock air boxes.

i haven't uploaded any photos of my is300 just yet! currently doing research on a 1jz swap but am having difficulties figuring out how to get the car tuned. either get a standalone, ems (isk what this is) or get piggyback, or another ecu. one ecu handles the engine and all that and the other handles the dash, ac, and all electronics of the sorts. completely lost on ECU since its way different than what i have to do on a stinger but I've decided I'm going to buy a 1jz vvti from a Toyota chaser. I believe it's the 1jz 171 which is a direct bolt-on which is cool. only need to replace the fuel lines since they're too short.

stoopid

1000 Posts Club!
Las Vegas, NV
UPDATE: still nothing lol. an attorney is working something up but my thick skull doesn't understand squat. no report has been filled on the dui but the crash report has. also still no bac test results.
sadly i don't have the struts. going to sell my jb4 and stock air boxes.

i haven't uploaded any photos of my is300 just yet! currently doing research on a 1jz swap but am having difficulties figuring out how to get the car tuned. either get a standalone, ems (isk what this is) or get piggyback, or another ecu. one ecu handles the engine and all that and the other handles the dash, ac, and all electronics of the sorts. completely lost on ECU since its way different than what i have to do on a stinger but I've decided I'm going to buy a 1jz vvti from a Toyota chaser. I believe it's the 1jz 171 which is a direct bolt-on which is cool. only need to replace the fuel lines since they're too short.
Big brother/fatherly advice: if you're having trouble following the details of something as important as a DUI charge against you, maybe skip the engine swap or just pay someone with the skills to do it.

It doesn't sound like anything can come of it at this point, they have no evidence and hence, no charge to file against you(?).

The best place to buy Kia Stinger modifications is at KDM Warehouse dot com! The official store of Kia Stinger dot com...

SIMONGUEY

Stinger Enthusiast
hayward ca
Big brother/fatherly advice: if you're having trouble following the details of something as important as a DUI charge against you, maybe skip the engine swap or just pay someone with the skills to do it.

It doesn't sound like anything can come of it at this point, they have no evidence and hence, no charge to file against you(?).
yeah i currently have someone pressing them for the information or to press the da on dropping the charges but besides that no update! mainly been keeping my mind on work and fixing up the body on my new car. back bumper doesn't line up good so im trying to figure out if i need a new body kit or add some rubber bands to that bad boy

SIMONGUEY

Stinger Enthusiast
hayward ca

SIMONGUEY

Stinger Enthusiast
hayward ca
Update: so far my eBay attorney hasn’t been able to do much or get much. Idk if I should get a different one or what but it’s been pricy so far with no results. I’ve been calling the DA each week with no results. My dui report has not been filed so I’ve been told to just keep calling to get updates if the da is going to press dui charges on me or not.

MerlintheMad

Sustaining Member
West Jordan, Y00TAW
^^^Sounds bogus as hell. Surely, they can't bring up a dui this long after the fact?

cncBilly

2500 Posts Club!
North Vancouver
Update: so far my eBay attorney hasn’t been able to do much or get much. Idk if I should get a different one or what but it’s been pricy so far with no results. I’ve been calling the DA each week with no results. My dui report has not been filed so I’ve been told to just keep calling to get updates if the da is going to press dui charges on me or not.
What a pain in the butt. Phone the DA daily and leave a message each and every time until you get a reply. Be the wheel that has to be greased. And I think you can tell your lawyer to FO.

ShaPoopieZ

You could ask for a Special Master.

That would keep it in the air indefinitely

Lol

Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Stinger? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!