• In the 1980s and 1990s we used AOL and Usenet. In the 2000s there were forums and message boards. In the 2010s - and until the very near future - Facebook and Instagram. Something new is coming for Stinger drivers... Become an early adopter of what's next by SIGNING UP HERE. Your email address will not be sold or used in any way other than us communicating more details as we prepare for launch - and we will not communicate often.

RIP my Stinger

SIMONGUEY

Stinger Enthusiast
hayward ca
So July 3rd. I was in San Francisco with my friend from riverside. It was her first time in the Bay Area so I decided to show her around San Fran. We went around the city. Found a good Italian spot and I had my first beer. This is around 10:00pm. After that we walk around north beach Hit a couple bars but everything looks dead. We found one bar with live music and a good amount of People so I have my second and last beer. This is 11pm. After this I had no intentions of drinking more same for my friend because she had a flight to catch at 10:17. To head back to riverside on July 4th. We both stop drinking. She drank one more drink then me. We are having fun and enjoying the night. I’m not exactly sure what time it was that we left that bar. I believe they closed at two but we mainly stayed for the live music since they started playing classic rock like The Rolling Stones. We had nothing to do but my friends always wanted to visit the Golden Gate Bridge. I drive out to the golden gate and at this point I feel fine. Don’t feel buzzed or anything. We are up near the bridge but a mist rolled thru so we couldn’t see much of anything. We stayed for a little before driving back to Livermore. We took a different route rhat doesn’t go thru sf but around from the top. Drive is one hour away. I head towards Livermore. I’m getting pretty close. I’m one exit away from my city. Exit Near a in n out. Total. 8 minutes away from home. I’m not exactly sure what I hit. My assumption is a wall. I fall asleep and my car hits the wall. I feel the car spin once or twice. I hit the breaks and then see that I’m in the center of the freeway facing on coming traffic. Freeway is basically empty it’s not 4:30 am. 5 minutes after my crash Chp shows up. My friend is fine. We were able to drive the car off the freeway. At this point I feel super shaken up from the crash. I’m making sure my friend is ok. I’m not buzzed or drunk at all. Just super tired. (Not at this moment Becuase of adrenaline) the cops separated me and my friend. Started asking questions. I let him know I was sleepy and most likely how the crash happened. He then asks me to take a walking test (I forgot what it was called) I tell him I can’t do them. My arm and stomach is hurting and I’m shaking like crazy from what happened. He asks me I have to ether for that or get taken in for a blood test. I agree to take the blood test in hopes that I don’t get arrested so I can then figure out how I can get my friend to the airport. We agrees to wake up on time and leave at 8 to make sure she gets there early enough for her flight. She gets taken to the house here in Livermore. 8 minutes away and my car is towed. I got taken to a near by hospital where they checked me and took X-rays of my arm since it was hurting but now my lower stomach is what’s actually hurting. Most likely from the seatbelt. I get my blood taken and then I noticed I’m getting arrested. I got taken to dublin yesterday the 4th after the crash and it’s now 5:30 or 6. I spent 8 to 9 hours there. Not sure I couldn’t keep track of time. Super nasty and very uncomfortable as a 23 year old experiencing a jail for the first time. Super weird. Saw a crack head jumping off the walls and swinging his arms around and eating his own scabs. I then got out and this is when I’m told I got charged for driving under the influence. I thought I was going to be ok since I felt perfectly fine and have only had two drinks. Stopped around 11. Ik figuring out what to do with insurance at the moment but damn. This dui is going to really hurt me. Feeling defeated and hopeless right now. Feeling like the world is just falling apart around me at this moment and I don’t know how to properly think about the situation or what my best course of action is at the moment. I’m going to ask for my report since I do not know what my blood alcohol level is but I will def try to fight this case.

SIMONGUEY

Stinger Enthusiast
hayward ca
6329578D-AC10-4A55-AC51-E402F9188DF3.jpeg

Attachments

• F2B51DE8-57E2-448F-A651-BC0E241F127D.jpeg
    F2B51DE8-57E2-448F-A651-BC0E241F127D.jpeg
    466.5 KB · Views: 65
  • 321058C0-86C0-46CF-ABD1-F974FF39E3CC.jpeg
    321058C0-86C0-46CF-ABD1-F974FF39E3CC.jpeg
    441.4 KB · Views: 66
  • 9D25238C-B58D-4C26-AD4F-E36B122F5BBD.jpeg
    9D25238C-B58D-4C26-AD4F-E36B122F5BBD.jpeg
    378.6 KB · Views: 70

SIMONGUEY

Stinger Enthusiast
hayward ca
A79EEE33-D777-4A8A-8E73-D84B47ACE1F1.jpeg

Attachments

• E4277E45-F390-4D90-B4DF-EB74E66DBFDF.jpeg
    E4277E45-F390-4D90-B4DF-EB74E66DBFDF.jpeg
    361.1 KB · Views: 27
  • 075132B9-614E-459D-B984-AEA786B91B4C.jpeg
    075132B9-614E-459D-B984-AEA786B91B4C.jpeg
    366.4 KB · Views: 27

Flynfishmedic

Well I do not know the exact reaction you might have been expecting by posting this but for me there is sympathy your car was possessed by such an irresponsible owner! Grow up and realize you put your friend and other drivers at tremendous risk by driving a vehicle while under the influence. In your adolescent mind you cannot fathom the meaning of DUI! It does not mean drunk..it means something was present in enough of a quantity that it affected your ability to properly and judiciously control your vehicle...as evidenced by you falling asleep behind the wheel!
Your experience pales in comparison to that of the countless innocent individuals driving the roadways who have their lives permanently impacted by pieces of scum too "don't feel too drunk to drive".
As someone with over 20 years looking at those on the receiving end of this behavior and personally affected by one of these numbskulls I say I won't be the judge, jury or executioner in your case and thankfully so because you would be commuting to your extended community service after your jail time by no wheeled method!

AtomicGTL

Stinger Enthusiast
Ontario, Canada
First of all, glad youre okay. Youre young and alot to live for and do.

Second of all, you really needed to like.. not drive? After your drinking and putting others at risk man, even if you were tired. There is a reason why theyre huge ass signs on freeways on "Feeling tired? Pull over and rest etc" I know you really wanted to have fun with your friend etc but listening to your body/taking a new route was the demise. Definitely the luckiest that others weren't hurt, luck was definitely on your side.

Lastly, is your stinger totaled?

The best place to buy Kia Stinger modifications is at KDM Warehouse dot com! The official store of Kia Stinger dot com...

SIMONGUEY

Stinger Enthusiast
hayward ca
Not expecting sympathy or anything or the sorts. Just makes me feel a bit better to put the story out there. I am definitely thinking of all the possibilities that could have happened or the people that could of gotten hurt. It’s definitely still in my mind. I am thankful that no one was on the freeway and that my friend is also ok. The cops gave me enough time to make sure my cousin was able to go pick her up and make sure she made her flight back to riverside on time.

Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Stinger? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

AtomicGTL

Stinger Enthusiast
Ontario, Canada
Not expecting sympathy or anything or the sorts. Just makes me feel a bit better to put the story out there. I am definitely thinking of all the possibilities that could have happened or the people that could of gotten hurt. It’s definitely still in my mind. I am thankful that no one was on the freeway and that my friend is also ok. The cops gave me enough time to make sure my cousin was able to go pick her up and make sure she made her flight back to riverside on time.
She should still follow up with a doc later on for a full check up, aches and pains may come later on.

SIMONGUEY

Stinger Enthusiast
hayward ca
First of all, glad youre okay. Youre young and alot to live for and do.

Second of all, you really needed to like.. not drive? After your drinking and putting others at risk man, even if you were tired. There is a reason why theyre huge ass signs on freeways on "Feeling tired? Pull over and rest etc" I know you really wanted to have fun with your friend etc but listening to your body/taking a new route was the demise. Definitely the luckiest that others weren't hurt, luck was definitely on your side.

Lastly, is your stinger totaled?
Yeah that’s definitely true! Didn’t think it thru properly. Even if I didn’t have those two beers I would have still been out there. Would of still been sleepy. Taking that different longer route definitely got to me tho. I thought I could make it then it was just me getting slapped by the airbag and the car spinning once or twice. As for the car we are still seeking what’s going to happen. It drives but leaks coolant. Chase is straight. Radiator is f&*%ed. One head light. The body panel on the front are messed up. Then the rest is just suspension on the front and one wheel from the back. I’m not to worried about the car now. I was mainly worried about my friend. Now that I know she’s ok and everything I’m worried about work and the dui. I have a temporary license right now and rental. My court date will be august the 3rd

SIMONGUEY

Stinger Enthusiast
hayward ca
She should still follow up with a doc later on for a full check up, aches and pains may come later on.
Yeah I recommend her to get checked up if anything shows up. Might go get checked tomorrow if I feel anything else. So far my right elbow hurts a little and I feel a bit sore but besides that nothing. She has told me that right now she feels fine just a little spooked from the crash itself.

AtomicGTL

Stinger Enthusiast
Ontario, Canada
Yeah that’s definitely true! Didn’t think it thru properly. Even if I didn’t have those two beers I would have still been out there. Would of still been sleepy. Taking that different longer route definitely got to me tho. I thought I could make it then it was just me getting slapped by the airbag and the car spinning once or twice. As for the car we are still seeking what’s going to happen. It drives but leaks coolant. Chase is straight. Radiator is f&*%ed. One head light. The body panel on the front are messed up. Then the rest is just suspension on the front and one wheel from the back. I’m not to worried about the car now. I was mainly worried about my friend. Now that I know she’s ok and everything I’m worried about work and the dui. I have a temporary license right now and rental. My court date will be august the 3rd
Well if youre honest with yourself and know you were under the limit, I hope you fight it out and succeed. Rest and recover from the injuries.

As for the car, It looks repairable, granted I dont see any the damage making its way onto the engine bay but yeah keep us posted.

The best place to buy Kia Stinger modifications is at KDM Warehouse dot com! The official store of Kia Stinger dot com...

MerlintheMad

Sustaining Member
West Jordan, Y00TAW
I'm a teetotaler and always have been: don't like any outer influence/substance messing with my brain. Life is weird enough without making it worse with a foggy brain. You will have to own this regardless of the court outcome. I hope that you change your ways and wise up. God bless you.

Ohiocruiser

Stinger Enthusiast
Well, at least everyone is alive. We all did stupid things when young. Live and learn.

KAS

Adelaide, Australia
It's lucky the OP doesn't live in Australia. My understanding is that the legal alcohol limit in the USA is 0.08 (which the OP must have exceeded). In Australia the legal limit is 0.05 and anything above 0.08 is considered a higher category of drunk driving and subject to even higher penalties. In Australia insurance won't cover you if you're drunk - I'm not sure about the USA.

ChaneRZ

1000 Posts Club!
Bay Area, California
Misdemeanor in California. Felony if 4th in 10 yrs.

Stinger GT SS

5000 Posts Club!
Sydney

killinghall

That's just f*cking irresponsible of you. The car is a wreck, but what if one or more innocent human beings had been the wreck instead?

You deserve jail time for drink driving and I'm not sorry to say it.

The cheek of you to even think of fighting the case.