RIP my Stinger

Devin

1000 Posts Club!
Seattle-ish
Question for yall.

insurance is finishing up. I'm getting 31k
i have some stock parts and don't know if its worth selling or for how much. air intakes, bov and then jb4 and accesoride key turn on thing. any recommendations on price or if i can sell the stock parts?
Just take 20% shipped on the retail price of everything and see what sells.

B1ackAlloy

Echoing another member's thoughts on bikes and why I've never owned one...

I had an acquaintance (mid 20s, very active basketball player) get into an accident on his bike. Not his fault, car just pulled right in front of him. He was expecting a huge settlement/judgment. He went from slam dunking to wheelchair, and after a few months of this rolled himself to a small local bridge and pulled himself over the edge into the drink. Stories like this come up from time to time regarding motorcycle accidents. With the inattentiveness of drivers ever increasing (this was 20 years ago) I can't see ever feeling safe or that I wouldn't die at any second when there's other cars on the road. IMHO, people who value their life don't introduce any incalculable risk into it. Statistically, motorcycle fatalities are common when there is an accident when compared to same type of accident in a 4 wheel vehicle. There's no cage around a biker, no air bags. The helmet only helps at low speed impacts. No thanks.

Queue JSolo in 3... 2... 1...
In addition, I echo you and everyone else that is against owning one.

I saw a close buddy of mine lose his life because of a bike. It was no one fault but he leaned his bike too far over on a turn and tried to recover but couldn't and went into the opposite lane. As one says there is just no protection with a bike. You have a helmet and that's just about it but even then the helmet can only do so much. For the OP I know you will learn from your mistakes as the majority of the people on this forum have I'm sure. But I would advise there is no need for a bike. Just get you a simple commuter that gets you from point a to point b. Then once everything gets smoothed out and you have your money together then get you the car you want. I would advise just staying away from a motorcycle at this point.

SIMONGUEY

Stinger Enthusiast
hayward ca
Just take 20% shipped on the retail price of everything and see what sells.
Makes sense! Will do! Thank you

Sorry for your loss man, but about the JB4 lol.. is it still up for sale? I'm in the East Bay and I can take it off your hands as soon as tomorrow if it is.
Yeah I’m down! I’m only missing one cable tho just so you know. I wasn’t able to pull out the obd plug that connects to the car

SIMONGUEY

Stinger Enthusiast
hayward ca
I don't suppose you have the BMS strut bars for sale? I guess they probably got bent a little / couldn't take 'em off?

The way I would look at this is - imagine that accident (falling asleep) on a bike. Would you still be here? Get a car, take it to the track - lots of adrenaline there. I've been to Laguna and Sonoma. I actually feel SAFER at the track than driving to/from work (East Bay to Moffet Field area). SO many ***holes on the road these days. People doing donuts in residential neighborhoods 100 feet from elementary schools. There is ZERO excuse to drive recklessly in a school zone.
Sadly I couldn’t take them out /: I really tried!

Yeah that is true. I don’t think I’ll be driving at night with the bike personally. I’m looking at a 2002 is300 right now. With the bike it’s more to just cruse around the city I’m in currently. At least till I’m confident with my riding skills

The best place to buy Kia Stinger modifications is at KDM Warehouse dot com! The official store of Kia Stinger dot com...

Onyx

Newish Member
Surprise, AZ
Wow sorry to hear about that, same thing for me month and half ago mine got totaled, got hit in the rear end going though a intersection and went though a wall, was devastated. Just last month went out and bought another Stinger

Attachments

• 20220321_181534.jpg
    20220321_181534.jpg
    452.3 KB · Views: 36
  • 20220321_181545.jpg
    20220321_181545.jpg
    376.2 KB · Views: 36
  • 20220321_181605.jpg
    20220321_181605.jpg
    530.9 KB · Views: 36
  • 20220409_092126.jpg
    20220409_092126.jpg
    387.5 KB · Views: 37
  • 20220409_092134.jpg
    20220409_092134.jpg
    301.3 KB · Views: 35
  • 20220409_092142.jpg
    20220409_092142.jpg
    285.6 KB · Views: 35
  • 20220409_092207.jpg
    20220409_092207.jpg
    469.7 KB · Views: 35

MerlintheMad

Sustaining Member
West Jordan, Y00TAW
Wow sorry to hear about that, same thing for me month and half ago mine got totaled, got hit in the rear end going though a intersection and went though a wall, was devastated. Just last month went out and bought another Stinger
Well, that blows chunks. :( You don't say much on here. Show some "after" pics of your new Stinger, if you're inclined. :thumbup:

Onyx

Newish Member
Surprise, AZ
Well, that blows chunks. :( You don't say much on here. Show some "after" pics of your new Stinger, if you're inclined. :thumbup:
Yeah I tend to lurk a lot lol, but going to start posting more. So this is the new on went from thr GT-Line to a GT1 so massive upgrade. Sorry the car is dirty been raining a lot in AZ lol

Attachments

• 20220721_083331.jpg
    20220721_083331.jpg
    701.2 KB · Views: 28
  • 20220721_083347.jpg
    20220721_083347.jpg
    570.5 KB · Views: 28
  • 20220721_083511.jpg
    20220721_083511.jpg
    562.2 KB · Views: 29
The best place to buy Kia Stinger modifications is at KDM Warehouse dot com! The official store of Kia Stinger dot com...
Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Stinger? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

87and66

Stinger Enthusiast
Pittsburgh, PA
I didn't read every post, but I saw that you're planning to get a bike. Please don't buy a 600 as a beginner. It is NOT a beginner bike. It's a race bike with lights. A beginner will not do well on a bike with 120 horsepower, extremely touchy brakes, and very aggressive ergos.

Go for something like a Ninja 400, or a Ninja 650 if you're worried about outgrowing it. You wont outgrow that. 70 horsepower. very light. Better yet, get an MT-07. I have one and love it. Same power as the ninja 650, but more torquey and a much better exhaust note. I've been on motorcycles of one kind or another since I was 8. I'm 27 now. Trust me, you do not want a supersport as your first bike.

And one more thing. WEAR GEAR. Spend the money on quality gear. A helmet alone is not enough. Get a good helmet (Shoei, Arai, AVG), get a jacket, gloves, boots, pants. ATGATT. All the gear, all the time. As a noob, your chances of going down aren't low. You like having skin? Wear gear.

Edit: saw your post about insurance. I pay $75 a year through progressive. Liability and comprehensive. It may not be as bad as you think.

MerlintheMad

Sustaining Member
West Jordan, Y00TAW
Yeah I tend to lurk a lot lol, but going to start posting more. So this is the new on went from thr GT-Line to a GT1 so massive upgrade. Sorry the car is dirty been raining a lot in AZ lol
Way to go. And, you can't see any dirt in those pics (but I know what you mean, I see every spot when it appears, heh).

SIMONGUEY

Stinger Enthusiast
hayward ca
hurts to see honestly! glad things are ok.

I didn't read every post, but I saw that you're planning to get a bike. Please don't buy a 600 as a beginner. It is NOT a beginner bike. It's a race bike with lights. A beginner will not do well on a bike with 120 horsepower, extremely touchy brakes, and very aggressive ergos.

Go for something like a Ninja 400, or a Ninja 650 if you're worried about outgrowing it. You wont outgrow that. 70 horsepower. very light. Better yet, get an MT-07. I have one and love it. Same power as the ninja 650, but more torquey and a much better exhaust note. I've been on motorcycles of one kind or another since I was 8. I'm 27 now. Trust me, you do not want a supersport as your first bike.

And one more thing. WEAR GEAR. Spend the money on quality gear. A helmet alone is not enough. Get a good helmet (Shoei, Arai, AVG), get a jacket, gloves, boots, pants. ATGATT. All the gear, all the time. As a noob, your chances of going down aren't low. You like having skin? Wear gear.

Edit: saw your post about insurance. I pay $75 a year through progressive. Liability and comprehensive. It may not be as bad as you think.
big facts! going to start with a r3! nice looking bike. im sure im going to enjoy it and def going to be as safe as possible! i hate road rash.

SIMONGUEY

Stinger Enthusiast
hayward ca
A little hesitant by the lack of the ob2 plug but PM me your asking price and maybe we can figure something out!
might buy the part to add onto the jb4. its not the whole thing just mainly the part that clips in. im sure its probably around $25. going to make a post later this week with my stock airbox parts and tuner once i have the time.

Kamauxx

5000 Posts Club!
might buy the part to add onto the jb4. its not the whole thing just mainly the part that clips in. im sure its probably around $25. going to make a post later this week with my stock airbox parts and tuner once i have the time.

I sold my S5 to Carvana a couple of weeks back. I left the JB4 OBDII wire in it after it got stuck. I just couldn't be bothered with digging in the engine bay to remove a used $25 plug. I pulled all the slack, cut it, and left the rest. New plugs are only $25, just subtract that from the price used JB4s sell for.

SIMONGUEY

Stinger Enthusiast
hayward ca
so little update! court date is in exactly one week from now. also! i bought a 2003 is300! so far i loveeeeee the car! looking into turbo kits at the moment for that na 2jz

StingerbyAdoom

1000 Posts Club!
so little update! court date is in exactly one week from now. also! i bought a 2003 is300! so far i loveeeeee the car! looking into turbo kits at the moment for that na 2jz
Well considering the potential of that motor, remember, If you are sending it and you know that you are not gonna survive the crash, send it harder to go down in a blaze of glory.

SIMONGUEY

Stinger Enthusiast
hayward ca
Well considering the potential of that motor, remember, If you are sending it and you know that you are not gonna survive the crash, send it harder to go down in a blaze of glory.
this guy gets it!!!! yeah i miss the sound of my BOV and the nice 400+ hp. def can make that on this baby with a turbo kit! install seems like a mechanical pain but parts are not that expensive honestly. might just push back buying the bike for a little.