• In the 1980s and 1990s we used AOL and Usenet. In the 2000s there were forums and message boards. In the 2010s - and until the very near future - Facebook and Instagram. Something new is coming for Stinger drivers... Become an early adopter of what's next by SIGNING UP HERE. Your email address will not be sold or used in any way other than us communicating more details as we prepare for launch - and we will not communicate often.

Masterclass for newbies

Tog

Newish Member
What nanny setting have you turned off? I turned off Highway Driving Assist and Highway Speed Assist.
But that did not solve the problem with adaptive cruise control on in some turns the speed drops by almost 5 MPH. Any solution for this a side from using the gas pedal to stop the drop in speed?

StingerbyAdoom

Stinger Enthusiast
Does the speed pick back up after the turn? how tight is the turn?

Tog

Newish Member
yes, tight at 77 mph on a freeway.

StingerbyAdoom

Stinger Enthusiast
yes, tight at 77 mph on a freeway.
I mean, that kind of explains itself then. The car thinks it may be safer to slow down just an bit for safety. it may not do it if you have TC turned off, but as long as it returns back to the speed it was originally at, then you dont actually seem to have an issue.

Tog

Newish Member
I was hoping I could stop the car for thing for me. My 2016 Honda Civic Touring with adaptive cruise control on and the same turns did not slow down. I think it might seeing the guard rail as if it was a car.

The best place to buy Kia Stinger modifications is at KDM Warehouse dot com! The official store of Kia Stinger dot com...

StingerbyAdoom

Stinger Enthusiast
I was hoping I could stop the car for thing for me. My 2016 Honda Civic Touring with adaptive cruise control on and the same turns did not slow down. I think it might seeing the guard rail as if it was a car.
If it was seeing the guard rail like a car, then it would either slam on the brakes or steer away from it. My advice would be to find a less tight turn and see if it does the same thing, if it doesn't then its clearly the car thinking you are going too fast on that turn. if it does, then try it again using the regular CC and see what happens.

MerlintheMad

Sustaining Member
West Jordan, Y00TAW
I was hoping I could stop the car for thin[kin]g for me.
Ah, you have not accepted that your car is female: the onboard nannies were all programmed to behave like a "told you so". I'm so glad that I don't have any nannies. But this extends to all the 30 modules governing the car: including using the paddle shifters: if you don't drop to a low enough gear for the amount of gas/torque that you are demanding, "She" will take over and downshift for you, every time. :p

BriStinga

https://www.kdmwarehouse.com/shop/p/kia-stinger-strut-brace

Would this strut bar be beneficial over the simple bms strut bars that only go one angle ? The extar middle bar coming across the middle to connect the strut bars. This paired with sway bars should offer a noticeable difference in handling ? This strut bar is not out yet but it says it will be ready to ship may June of this year.

StingerbyAdoom

Stinger Enthusiast

BriStinga

Links dead
Yeah was having problems. I’ll post a screenshot but the website is kdmwarehouse.com. Kia stinger strut brace. Seems like a beefy strut bar that can provide noticeable differences maybe

Attachments

• 34FFF688-E1AE-4516-AF2B-54D5CE1F6B16.png
    34FFF688-E1AE-4516-AF2B-54D5CE1F6B16.png
    1 MB · Views: 6
The best place to buy Kia Stinger modifications is at KDM Warehouse dot com! The official store of Kia Stinger dot com...
Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Stinger? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

StingerbyAdoom

Stinger Enthusiast
Yeah was having problems. I’ll post a screenshot but the website is kdmwarehouse.com. Kia stinger strut brace. Seems like a beefy strut bar that can provide noticeable differences maybe
Im pretty sure I have seen multiple stingers with that bar, so its out there already for sure, it could just mean they are waiting on a re-stock. as for handling difference, I have no idea. Maybe? I cant imagine that much though.

BriStinga

Every time I try to copy and paste the link from the website it automatically changes to kdmwarehouse.com lol instead of the screenshot website lol

BriStinga

Im pretty sure I have seen multiple stingers with that bar, so its out there already for sure, it could just mean they are waiting on a re-stock. as for handling difference, I have no idea. Maybe? I cant imagine that much though.
Have any pics of other stingers with them on ? Or provide links . This is my first time seeing this strut bar

StingerbyAdoom

Stinger Enthusiast
Have any pics of other stingers with them on ? Or provide links . This is my first time seeing this strut bar
its mostly been on Facebook or random Instagram peoples unfortunately. its been a few weeks for sure, but its one of those things where you remember seeing it because of its shape.

RogueIV

Stinger Enthusiast

Would this strut bar be beneficial over the simple bms strut bars that only go one angle ? The extar middle bar coming across the middle to connect the strut bars. This paired with sway bars should offer a noticeable difference in handling ? This strut bar is not out yet but it says it will be ready to ship may June of this year.
Going to be honest none of these strut bars offer much value other than looks as they aren't really strut bars they are supports for the radiator core support. The struts towers are already triangulated into the firewall via the factory sheetmetal.

BriStinga

Going to be honest none of these strut bars offer much value other than looks as they aren't really strut bars they are supports for the radiator core support. The struts towers are already triangulated into the firewall via the factory sheetmetal.
Good to know. Looks well made but if it really doesn’t provide any support then like you said all for Looks . Thanks