kia stinger store

Masterclass for newbies

cpars13

Indpls, IN
So i had this thought that it might be a good idea to allow the newbies to ask us more experienced members about anything they want to know about their car. Maybe a question that has already been discussed in a thread before but they have not found or read it yet, thats ok. I would suggest the more experienced be nice and help out maybe with a link or two. Either way we can get warm and fuzzies over it with a bonding session lol.
So to all the newbies, ask away!
AV8R - I have this little green "electronic power steering" symbol showing up on my dashboard and my heads-up display (2020 GT2) . I'm not sure what it is for? At times it goes out... like if I turn on my blinker? What is it for? What triggers it to come on and go off?
thanks -
Tim

MrSmoofy

Sustaining Member +
Odessa, FL
AV8R - I have this little green "electronic power steering" symbol showing up on my dashboard and my heads-up display (2020 GT2) . I'm not sure what it is for? At times it goes out... like if I turn on my blinker? What is it for? What triggers it to come on and go off?
thanks -
Tim

This is your lane keep assist indicator. I'm guessing you have a GT2. When it's green it's detecting the lines on the road and will keep you in your lane as best as possible if you were to not be holding the steering wheel. It turns off when you use the blinker because you wouldn't want it to keep the lane than for obvious reasons. If the car doesn't detect steering wheel movement from you it will give you a warning and then turn off lane keep assistant.

I DO NOT RECOMMEND DRIVING WITH YOUR HANDS OFF THE STEERING WHEEL!

On highway curves, you should be able to feel the car keep the lane around the corner for you. You can adjust and turn this off within your cluster menu settings. I would advise you go through your owner's manual and check out all the cluster menu settings.

Legendsk

Deep south Texas
The Auto Stop and Go also looks a little like a steering wheel and comes and goes randomly. However it isn't involved with the turn signal, so I'm sure MrSmoofy has it nailed.

cpars13

Indpls, IN
This is your lane keep assist indicator. I'm guessing you have a GT2. When it's green it's detecting the lines on the road and will keep you in your lane as best as possible if you were to not be holding the steering wheel. It turns off when you use the blinker because you wouldn't want it to keep the lane than for obvious reasons. If the car doesn't detect steering wheel movement from you it will give you a warning and then turn off lane keep assistant.

I DO NOT RECOMMEND DRIVING WITH YOUR HANDS OFF THE STEERING WHEEL!

On highway curves, you should be able to feel the car keep the lane around the corner for you. You can adjust and turn this off within your cluster menu settings. I would advise you go through your owner's manual and check out all the cluster menu settings.
thank you!!

MrSmoofy

Sustaining Member +
Odessa, FL
The Auto Stop and Go also looks a little like a steering wheel and comes and goes randomly. However it isn't involved with the turn signal, so I'm sure MrSmoofy has it nailed.

The Auto Stop and go (ISG (Idle Stop and Go)) is an A with a circle around it I don't believe it appears in your hud only in your cluster.

Jayz

Newish Member
Hi all. Hope you’re all well!

do we know if installing lowering springs will void warranty?

thanks in advance

Random386

OK--I'm a newbie, and I have a question.

I just discovered recently that Hyundai/KIA don't allow their "class-leading" 10yr/100k mile warranty to be transferred when the vehicle is sold. Can anyone confirm this?

This was a real gut-punch, because I've been eyeing the GT for awhile now and my budget simply won't allow me to buy new. And I felt the 100k mile warranty made a used one very attractive.

But, it appears that a certified pre-owned does get the full warranty, so there is that.
Just have it CPO and the warranty will transfer over. Make sure to double check, i personally got an gt2 at 10k miles cpo from kia and the10 year 100k miles trasnfer over. On top of it i got a 6 year unlimited miles third party as I know I will be hitting a 100k miles way before 10 years.

jimmyg1974

I just bought a 2019 Kia GT2 RWD. Love the car so far, but I do live in the Chicago area and winter is coming! I know that I am going to need to buy a winter tire/wheels package and will be spending approx $2K to do that in the next couple of weeks. However, was curious from other GT2 RWD owners who lives in sometimes snowy areas, how the car handles in snow/ice with good winter tires and what I can expect? Would appreciate any feedback and first hand experience anyone could provide. Thanks!!

-Jimmy G

Stinger GT SS

5000 Posts Club!
Sydney, NSW
Hi all. Hope you’re all well!

do we know if installing lowering springs will void warranty?

thanks in advance
See below extract from Kia owners manual 90CC1417-2107-4DC9-A1E7-9EBC7DD325D0.jpeg

MerlintheMad

Sustaining Member
West Jordan, Y00TAW
I just bought a 2019 Kia GT2 RWD. Love the car so far, but I do live in the Chicago area and winter is coming! I know that I am going to need to buy a winter tire/wheels package and will be spending approx $2K to do that in the next couple of weeks. However, was curious from other GT2 RWD owners who lives in sometimes snowy areas, how the car handles in snow/ice with good winter tires and what I can expect? Would appreciate any feedback and first hand experience anyone could provide. Thanks!!

-Jimmy G
Howdy and welcome. No one on here would suggest, where you live, anything less than snow tires especially on RWD. If it were me, I'd simply drive in Smart and go very sedately on the go pedal when the roads are coated, at all. :D