kia stinger store

Masterclass for newbies

cpars13

Indpls, IN
So i had this thought that it might be a good idea to allow the newbies to ask us more experienced members about anything they want to know about their car. Maybe a question that has already been discussed in a thread before but they have not found or read it yet, thats ok. I would suggest the more experienced be nice and help out maybe with a link or two. Either way we can get warm and fuzzies over it with a bonding session lol.
So to all the newbies, ask away!
AV8R - I have this little green "electronic power steering" symbol showing up on my dashboard and my heads-up display (2020 GT2) . I'm not sure what it is for? At times it goes out... like if I turn on my blinker? What is it for? What triggers it to come on and go off?
thanks -
Tim

MrSmoofy

Sustaining Member +
Odessa, FL
AV8R - I have this little green "electronic power steering" symbol showing up on my dashboard and my heads-up display (2020 GT2) . I'm not sure what it is for? At times it goes out... like if I turn on my blinker? What is it for? What triggers it to come on and go off?
thanks -
Tim

This is your lane keep assist indicator. I'm guessing you have a GT2. When it's green it's detecting the lines on the road and will keep you in your lane as best as possible if you were to not be holding the steering wheel. It turns off when you use the blinker because you wouldn't want it to keep the lane than for obvious reasons. If the car doesn't detect steering wheel movement from you it will give you a warning and then turn off lane keep assistant.

I DO NOT RECOMMEND DRIVING WITH YOUR HANDS OFF THE STEERING WHEEL!

On highway curves, you should be able to feel the car keep the lane around the corner for you. You can adjust and turn this off within your cluster menu settings. I would advise you go through your owner's manual and check out all the cluster menu settings.

Legendsk

Deep south Texas
The Auto Stop and Go also looks a little like a steering wheel and comes and goes randomly. However it isn't involved with the turn signal, so I'm sure MrSmoofy has it nailed.

cpars13

Indpls, IN
This is your lane keep assist indicator. I'm guessing you have a GT2. When it's green it's detecting the lines on the road and will keep you in your lane as best as possible if you were to not be holding the steering wheel. It turns off when you use the blinker because you wouldn't want it to keep the lane than for obvious reasons. If the car doesn't detect steering wheel movement from you it will give you a warning and then turn off lane keep assistant.

I DO NOT RECOMMEND DRIVING WITH YOUR HANDS OFF THE STEERING WHEEL!

On highway curves, you should be able to feel the car keep the lane around the corner for you. You can adjust and turn this off within your cluster menu settings. I would advise you go through your owner's manual and check out all the cluster menu settings.
thank you!!

MrSmoofy

Sustaining Member +
Odessa, FL
The Auto Stop and Go also looks a little like a steering wheel and comes and goes randomly. However it isn't involved with the turn signal, so I'm sure MrSmoofy has it nailed.

The Auto Stop and go (ISG (Idle Stop and Go)) is an A with a circle around it I don't believe it appears in your hud only in your cluster.

new kia badge emblem logo
The best place to buy Kia Stinger modifications is at KDM Warehouse dot com! The official store of Kia Stinger dot com...

Random386

OK--I'm a newbie, and I have a question.

I just discovered recently that Hyundai/KIA don't allow their "class-leading" 10yr/100k mile warranty to be transferred when the vehicle is sold. Can anyone confirm this?

This was a real gut-punch, because I've been eyeing the GT for awhile now and my budget simply won't allow me to buy new. And I felt the 100k mile warranty made a used one very attractive.

But, it appears that a certified pre-owned does get the full warranty, so there is that.
Just have it CPO and the warranty will transfer over. Make sure to double check, i personally got an gt2 at 10k miles cpo from kia and the10 year 100k miles trasnfer over. On top of it i got a 6 year unlimited miles third party as I know I will be hitting a 100k miles way before 10 years.

jimmyg1974

I just bought a 2019 Kia GT2 RWD. Love the car so far, but I do live in the Chicago area and winter is coming! I know that I am going to need to buy a winter tire/wheels package and will be spending approx $2K to do that in the next couple of weeks. However, was curious from other GT2 RWD owners who lives in sometimes snowy areas, how the car handles in snow/ice with good winter tires and what I can expect? Would appreciate any feedback and first hand experience anyone could provide. Thanks!!

-Jimmy G

Stinger GT SS

5000 Posts Club!
Sydney, NSW
The best place to buy Kia Stinger modifications is at KDM Warehouse dot com! The official store of Kia Stinger dot com...

MerlintheMad

Sustaining Member
West Jordan, Y00TAW
I just bought a 2019 Kia GT2 RWD. Love the car so far, but I do live in the Chicago area and winter is coming! I know that I am going to need to buy a winter tire/wheels package and will be spending approx $2K to do that in the next couple of weeks. However, was curious from other GT2 RWD owners who lives in sometimes snowy areas, how the car handles in snow/ice with good winter tires and what I can expect? Would appreciate any feedback and first hand experience anyone could provide. Thanks!!

-Jimmy G
Howdy and welcome. No one on here would suggest, where you live, anything less than snow tires especially on RWD. If it were me, I'd simply drive in Smart and go very sedately on the go pedal when the roads are coated, at all. :D

FIM-92

What do you wish you knew before you started modding?
What are some pitfalls you suggest a newbie to modding avoid?
How is the spark plug change with intake removal vs. swivel extensions?
Any particular tools that make any particular mod easier?
Any maintenance item to check on more frequently than others/ problem areas for the Stinger?

MrSmoofy

Sustaining Member +
Odessa, FL
What do you wish you knew before you started modding?
What are some pitfalls you suggest a newbie to modding avoid?
How is the spark plug change with intake removal vs. swivel extensions?
Any particular tools that make any particular mod easier?
Any maintenance item to check on more frequently than others/ problem areas for the Stinger?

Probably that HKS plugs will last longer than Denso's
Don't listen to everyone's opinion do your own research
I did intake removal because I have big hands I didn't think it was that bad have not tried the other way
There are forum topics on all the different tools you will want to have.
I've had no maint issues. Get at least a single catch can of any brand dual isn't really necessary but a signal will be good for long term life of the engine.

kia stinger badges
Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Stinger? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

Ozstung

5000 Posts Club!
Western Sydney.
I did intake removal because I have big hands I didn't think it was that bad have not tried the other way
I've had no maint issues. Get at least a single catch can of any brand dual isn't really necessary but a signal will be good for long term life of the engine.
Point one i concur.

Kathy

Newish Member
Hi, still loving my Stinger!
I am going in for my 30,000k service next week and wondering if you could give me some insight with regards to a rattle that I think is coming from the sunroof rattle and a weird fluttering noise that comes from the dash, driver's side. I have read some threads and it seems the rattle is common, but when I spoke to our closest Kia service department they said they would have to remove the sunroof to fix it... I am not sure I want my car to be pulled apart. Can you please give me some advice? Thank you.

MerlintheMad

Sustaining Member
West Jordan, Y00TAW
Can you please give me some advice? Thank you.
No roof rattles here. But I've ready pretty much all that's been said about it on the forum. I'm with you, don't let them pull your roof apart unless they are replacing the entire sunroof frame (a la @westcoastGT ). There are far less invasive approaches to this first. Keep reading; you'll see recommendations for different lubricants and points to apply it; and loosening/tightening some or all of the retaining bolts on the frame (experimentation here) can reduce or eliminate the extraneous noises. Another surprisingly simple thing (and I would try this first if my Stinger developed sunroof noise) is to push up firmly around the headliner where it edges the sunroof opening: if you have any loose fasteners they will snap/click into place; at least one member (the originator of this fix, as I recall) had his sunroof noises entirely eradicated by securing the headliner by pushing up on it hard. After reading on here as much as you can find, you'll know more about what to try than anybody in your Kia service center, more than likely. Hah. :D

Kathy

Newish Member
No roof rattles here. But I've ready pretty much all that's been said about it on the forum. I'm with you, don't let them pull your roof apart unless they are replacing the entire sunroof frame (a la @westcoastGT ). There are far less invasive approaches to this first. Keep reading; you'll see recommendations for different lubricants and points to apply it; and loosening/tightening some or all of the retaining bolts on the frame (experimentation here) can reduce or eliminate the extraneous noises. Another surprisingly simple thing (and I would try this first if my Stinger developed sunroof noise) is to push up firmly around the headliner where it edges the sunroof opening: if you have any loose fasteners they will snap/click into place; at least one member (the originator of this fix, as I recall) had his sunroof noises entirely eradicated by securing the headliner by pushing up on it hard. After reading on here as much as you can find, you'll know more about what to try than anybody in your Kia service center, more than likely. Hah. :D
Thank you!!! Great advice. I will keep reading the threads for sure and definitely try what you have suggested. At least I have a week to really investigate this on the forum. Cheers :)

FIM-92

Interesting! I've read this about the Denso plugs, although I already bought the performance package from BMS and they only include Denso. I might switch to HKS after I get 10k miles on the Densos. I still have to decide which route I'm going to go to install the plugs. The install videos that do exist are not comprehensive enough and this is a lot less straight forward for someone who otherwise does not work on cars. The service manual has been a help in identifying things. I think I'm going to try the "work around" method first and if I can't get by I'll just take off the manifold. Already got my catch can in so I'm good there.