Hey! I see you! Please take two seconds to sign up! We'd love to have you as a member of our Kia Stinger club. You have nothing to lose and so much to gain... :)

Masterclass for newbies

Discussion in 'Kia Stinger Talk' started by AV8R, Jun 2, 2019.

1. AV8R

AV8R Australia 5000 Posts Club! Staff Member Authorized Vendor Moderator

• Like Like x 2
  2. Kamauxx

Kamauxx United States 2500 Posts Club!

You could make this a sticky and compile a list of links to threads about the most asked questions.

For instance; intake comparison thread, exhaust thread, 1/4 mile thread, JB4 thread, Piggyback vs ECU thread, wheel thread, brake shake thread, paint issues thread, etc.

For each of those, there are already "masterclasses" as you put it. Compiling them in one place and making it a sticky could cut back on some of the repetitive discussions that take place.

3. AV8R

4. scottiep

scottiep United States Newish Member

OK--I'm a newbie, and I have a question.

I just discovered recently that Hyundai/KIA don't allow their "class-leading" 10yr/100k mile warranty to be transferred when the vehicle is sold. Can anyone confirm this?

This was a real gut-punch, because I've been eyeing the GT for awhile now and my budget simply won't allow me to buy new. And I felt the 100k mile warranty made a used one very attractive.

But, it appears that a certified pre-owned does get the full warranty, so there is that.

5. MerlintheMad

MerlintheMad United States 5000 Posts Club!

I believe it is halved (at 60K miles, five years) for subsequent owners of a used vehicle. And you can always get an extended warranty, of course. And the extended warranty is transferable. Is Kia's Warranty Transferable?

6. Chark

Chark United States Member

Yes - buying a used Stinger would result in a 5 year/60,000 mile powertrain warranty instead of the 10/100,000. There are third party insurance brokers who will sell you extended warranties that go beyond 100,000 miles. That might not be a bad idea, given the temptation of the original owner to fully utilize the generous horsepower and torque that Kia bestowed on the Stinger GT.

7. AV8R

8. Dreddpax

Dreddpax Australia Member

Newbie here!

Have we got adjustable headlight beams in AUS? As in the light manevoure as you drive or is it just the dimmable highbeams?

9. DCBStingerGT

DCBStingerGT Australia 1000 Posts Club!

Aussie GT front headlights move in the direction your steering, like around a corner or bend, and move when you first turn on the lights. So YES, they do manoeuvre, I have tried that side by side action, like what the V8 Supercars do to warm up their tyres during, I guess their warm up lap.. You can see the headlights swaying from one side to the other following the sideways motion. Cool tech.

10. Stinger GT SS

Stinger GT SS Australia 2500 Posts Club!

Yes you are correct & they are cool tech, but each headlight is over $5K to replace....ouch.

11. Dreddpax

Dreddpax Australia Member

Thanks guys much appreciated!

Any cool features that you can do with ur keys?

12. OliverNuther

OliverNuther Australia 1000 Posts Club!

Yep. You can start the car and take it for a drive! Nothing beats that. :)

• Funny Funny x 3
  13. AV8R

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. MrSmoofy

MrSmoofy United States Stinger Enthusiast Sustaining Member +

I thought I saw if you get CPO then you do get the longer warranty here in the US but CPO costs more.

15. M'Kehyah

M'Kehyah United States Member

The reduced warranty should not deter you from buying, however. The engineering that went into the design to achieve a 100K mile warranty means 99% of all cars produced must exceed over 200K miles to ensure the warranty claims won't kill the company ;)

• Like Like x 1
Draft saved Draft deleted