Hey! I see you! Please take two seconds to sign up! We'd love to have you as a member of our Kia Stinger club. You have nothing to lose and so much to gain... :)

Lets talk tuning, piggy back vs ECU flash.

Discussion in 'The Ultimate Kia Stinger Tuning Forum' started by TorkMe, Nov 28, 2018.

1. TorkMe

TorkMe United States Active Member Authorized Vendor

• Informative Informative x 2
  2. TorkMe

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. TwinSnails

TwinSnails United States Active Member

I thought you said you could reset the flash counter?

4. Yaro

Yaro Germany Newish Member

well, we will be somewhere where the Evo X is...

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. DaBears4Lyfe

DaBears4Lyfe United States Active Member

I honestly cant imagine lol. I have no idea where the peak will be for our cars but its promising for what will be done.

• Like Like x 1
  6. TorkMe

7. TorkMe

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. DaBears4Lyfe

I can definitely agree that there is more power to be made within our current set ups but New Turbos will be needed eventually. Im just glad people are working on them now. Hopefully this time next year we are talking about 600hp Stingers :)

9. Blitz

Blitz United States Member

I went with you because I understand how the internet works and lots of things are blown out of proportion and it's really a combination of faults but accusations get lobbed. I said that in my post. Bygones. I tried not to do any bashing. Like I said, I was over the moon to have the best Stinger tuner local so I could rep...

The reflash issue was solved by you, then Matt came into the thread and said it was unlimited again. It's not that anyone is having a hard time understanding, it's that you 2 don't agree...

I totally agree that locals shouldn't get special deals. Things go much more smoothly if you have solid rules and pricing so everyone feels treated fairly. That's not to say that some things in a transaction shouldn't be taken case by case. Like you guys fixing someone's ECU tune for free because he got a botched job from someone else. That's one of the reasons I ignored some comments on customer service. It's good PR. It mattered to me.

I don't know why you're acting like you were doing me a favor though. You didn't bend over backwards for me at all. I paid FULL price for every part. If you were giving me a discount on the installs I appreciate it, but the prices seemed normal to me. I was totally down to pay it because I wanted everything done in one go. Here are the costs of the labor for Saturday. It was never pointed out to me that one of these values was me getting a deal. I had already paid full price for each individual part.

Dyno tune - $995
    Spark plug install - $300
    Muffler delete install - $100
    Intake install - $75
    Subtotal - $1470
    Tax - $147
    Total - $1617

I don't think it's cool to paint me as a spoiled brat. I only asked for what was fair in my case. It was optional that I pay early, then it was held against me. That's kinda whack and I feel like you would feel the same way if it was you in my shoes. If you guys had made it clear I was getting some kind of deal, and that you couldn't stack another deal with it, I likely would have just ate it. I really wanted a tork tune. COMMUNICATION would have solved this all. Ignoring me while promoting your sale on facebook and forums was what made me skeptical. Not the money.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  10. TorkMe

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. TorkMe

• Like Like x 2
  12. DaBears4Lyfe

Ahh i got ya now.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Yaro

Are you tuning only 3.3 liter version ? What about 2.0 version ?

14. Sales@Tork

Sales@Tork United States Active Member Authorized Vendor

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. TorkMe

16. Yaro

Do you flash then using obd or ob the bench ?

17. Ritz

Ritz United States Member

Why do you think that's the case? As you approach doubling the WHP, my personal concern would be around hosing other parts of the drivetrain (like the transmission) rather than blowing up the engine. I haven't been able to find any tales of people destroying parts south of the engine yet so it would appear that Kia has done a decent job of engineering some cushion for tuning or future power upgrades with the platform.

Cheers!

18. Angel

Angel United States Stinger Enthusiast

I wont state my opinion I dont want to get into an argument or be portrayed as the bad guy but just read the below posts.....
    upload_2018-12-8_16-36-8.png

upload_2018-12-8_16-36-45.png

Mod edit: no reason to bring politics into this thread.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 9, 2018
  19. Angel

Angel United States Stinger Enthusiast

I am glad to hear your honesty...sorry you had a bad experience but there are other tuners lol go to presertech and you wont regret it guarantee it man...Of course you are going to be portrayed like the bad guy or spoiled brat ......especially on the forum....but anyways good that you made this info public for other to see...I always had a feeling they were a bit shady......now again maybe not everyone has the same experience its like flipping a coin with them .......Tonka has nothing but good things to say....and thats great for him .....but man give Todd a call at Presertech and do what you feel is right for you dont let anyone or claims steer you in their directions......Sometimes there is a reason they have bad reviews lol not everyone can be a bad guy or hating on them....search presertech and there is not 1 bad review lol is it coincidence i will leave it up to you.....cheers

• Funny Funny x 1
  20. Blitz

Blitz United States Member

I honestly do not need or want your support.

I disagree with basically everything that comes out of your mouth and I'm not trying to sling mud at anyone. I said I would give a full review and I did, for better or worse. It was just me being honest about my experience.

• Like Like x 6
Draft saved Draft deleted