Hey! I see you! Please take two seconds to sign up! We'd love to have you as a member of our Kia Stinger club. You have nothing to lose and so much to gain... :)

Kill Tally

Discussion in 'Kia Stinger vs The World' started by ZyroXZ2, Mar 29, 2019.

1. ZyroXZ2

ZyroXZ2 United States Stinger Enthusiast

... But it's still a "Kia" :whistle::laugh::laugh: Of course, the fact that Kia doesn't run ads for the Stinger isn't helping them change this image, either, lol

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. StungBlueGT2

StungBlueGT2 United States 1000 Posts Club! Sustaining Member

True and wish they would advertise it more to show more people what Kia really has to offer now, but do still hear people talk about the Super Bowl commercial. Maybe they just spent all their marketing budget on that one commercial.:rolleyes::laugh:

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. MerlintheMad

MerlintheMad United States 5000 Posts Club!

I don't know if the Challenger with the beautiful engine note knew it is a Stinger or not. I was in "pole position" at the northbound light at 7000 South and Redwood Rd yesterday, and warned my wife and granddaughter that we were going to accelerate fast. The instant I hit it, I heard this bellow to my right and realized there was a muscle car racing me. I stayed ahead until 60ish where I backed off to under ten above. S/he did likewise and coasted ahead of me. I gave them the thumbup, in case they were looking over. (I wasn't racing anybody, because I was going to go fast anyway; so my resolve still stands. :laugh: )

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Michael Polito

Michael Polito Canada Newish Member

Bmw 440i
    2011ish S5 with exhaust

• Like Like x 1
  5. lun471k

lun471k Canada Member

Tuned Mazda Miata with two smiling big guys in it.

That was a blast to see them hahahaha. We all had a lot of fun with one 0-55 pull and one 0-35 pull.
    Event on the slower race, the miata is just too small to compete.

6. cncBilly

cncBilly Mexico Stinger Enthusiast

A fine racing/not racing line you drive my friend.:geek: Nonetheless glad you pulled ahead:).

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. Ecobust

Ecobust United States Member

I came across two dudes racing each other in Mexico last night and politely inserted myself; first time I can remember ever being in a menage a trois race. One was driving a previous-gen AMG C63, the other was in a RCF with at least an exhaust, and I'm using a JB4 on map 3.
    They both got me off the line, not surprisingly. From what I could hear, they both seem to have a shorter first and second gear, but I started pulling by the top of 2nd. After the 2-3 upshift, I pulled ahead and just kept gaining. I then downshifted to 3rd and slowed down to let them get even to see if they wanted to try a roll race. Soon as they were even with me they both punched it but since I was already in a lower gear, I gapped both almost instantly.

This right here is why I love fall. These cool temps, especially combined with CAI and/or JB4, makes the GT a beast!

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. CeramicGT001

CeramicGT001 United States Member

Ran across a very loud manual 370z, roll up behind him then he floors it...finally catch up to him and get next to him as he floors it again but I was ready this time. We were around 50mph and I had a car length by 90. Couldn’t hear a thing over his exhaust lol. My mods are intake & downpipe only in an Awd.

• Like Like x 3
  9. Michael Polito

Michael Polito Canada Newish Member

another kill for me, done up golf and done civic (roll cage and all lol) 2 lane street so i pull behind the golf, they both rev at each other and go on green. civic takes the lead on golf so i switch lanes and start reeling in the civic and blow past him at roughly 140km/h (about 90 for my americanos)
    he gives a thumbs up and smile then says thats fast man what kinda car is it, i say a stinger so he looks confused then i say a kia stinger lol he s says a KIA lmao im like dont be mad its a 3.3tt running 12s out of the box big smile and thumbs up. would have killed him way worse but i was literally feathering the gas at the start waiting for room to start passing.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Kamauxx

Kamauxx United States 2500 Posts Club!

Jeez, three years later and even auto/race enthusiasts don't know what a Kia Stinger is. Way to go Kia marketing division.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. Regs120

Regs120 United States Active Member

With the Map 3, are you running fuel additives? Even with good quality Oct 93, I am a little shy in using it (with intakes).

12. P22Tyler

P22Tyler United States Member

Yeah, they haven't done a very good job. And the one big ad they did had an old F1 driver in it that 90% of Americans won't know.

• Like Like x 1
  13. HerbieTheCar

HerbieTheCar United States Member

I love how the guy was laughing at the fact that the Stinger is a Kia but we all know deep down, he's crying himself to sleep because a Kia smoked him.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. DrewU272

DrewU272 United States Member

Ok so the last two days on way home from work I have met the same Mustang 5.0 about 3/4 of way home. Monday he was The pumping his gas next to me making all kinds of noise with his impressive loud muffler. Paid no attention to me next to him and sped off until I using map2 blew his car away. We played leap frog until I turned off to go home. Today he found me again speeding by me. I quickly sped up to him but purposely did not pass. Had no opportunity to pull next to each other for the challenge. Maybe tomorrow.

Imagine how upset he is gonna be when my Kia destroys his Ford. To be continued......

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. DrewU272

DrewU272 United States Member

Of course this happened on way home from work in Mexico

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. falanger

falanger United States Active Member

When I was progressing through the maps, I ran map 3 with just 93 for a long time, with no issue at all.

You should be fine.

17. StungBlueGT2

StungBlueGT2 United States 1000 Posts Club! Sustaining Member

Map3 will work on high quality 93 but will most definitely pull ignition timing due to using less than 96 octane. That’s about the least octane you can run for full performance out of map3. Just add 4-5g of e85 to that 93 and you’ll see a big difference between map2 & 3.:thumbup:
    Yes since our ECU will automatically adapt and reduce ignition timing based on available octane you will be fine. However, your car probably had less power and was slower than just using map2 and 93 octane since it had to reduce ignition timing to prevent knock. Unless you use 96+ octane you aren’t getting the full potential out of map3 and is basically useless.

• Informative Informative x 1
  18. washguy

washguy United States Stinger Enthusiast

Well this is too good to be true .....today as im coming back home from the store ...im at the stop light right by my home, and theres the bmw I smoked parked in his circular drive with...get this....his plates sez 1320 END ....so hes a drag racer LOL.......but ive gotta go back and take some pics or ring his door bell......this car may not be what I thought I raced...it is a 4 door....but its lowered and its got a red and blue race stripe on the front air ducts....looks factory to me...anyone know what it is?.....I think ill go mess with him...hes just down the street :D Wash

• Like Like x 1
  19. Gargamel

Gargamel Sweden Active Member

I saw this youtube clip about the fuel octane in the states, might be interesting for someone.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Schpok

Schpok Germany Active Member

something like this ?!
    $_10.JPG
    in Germany this comes like standart with your first "mod" (wheels, suspension, tinted windows, you name it) you can buy these for like 5€ on ebay :rofl:
    It has nothing to say, it's just the M coulors and it looks cool, that's it :geek:

+ I think his plate says it's an 320i probably arround 200hp stock

• Agree Agree x 2
Draft saved Draft deleted