kia stinger store

Kia Stinger Navigation Map Update

Ucinn

1000 Posts Club!
The Telluride does not have an SD card and uses USB.. I think those are generic instructions.. I'm guessing they are expecting you to know what version your vehicle uses.

HDTurbo

Saratoga, NY
Thanks. I admit I was ignorantly hopeful that update via USB would work, but in retrospect should have realized that it is very unlikely that the car's system would have the ability to read/transfer/write the files from the USB to the SD! Duh! And not realizing my PC actually has an SD card reader/writer is a double DUH! Thanks for watching the learning process unfold, without too many warranted insults... ;)

SOCAL2.0

Stingers have an SD slot and card so I think thats the way to go. Mine works great it is little better that my old one. Since I have 2 Kia SD cards I recycled my oldest one. Updates have never cost me a dime. So I am very happy.

SoCalSHO

Diamond Bar, Ca
I have had my 2021 Stinger for about 10 days now. The nav card that they put in is the 14.0 version. I contacted mnsoft (or whatever), and they say that I have to wait for the next update.

SOCAL2.0

Since the updates are no charge if you supply your own SD card its no big deal! If you use your old CD card back it up just in case although the process is pretty safe.

SoCalSHO

Diamond Bar, Ca
Looking at the Kia nav update site, it shows 14.5 was released in August, but the next update is numbered 14.10, and that comes out in November. That seems kinda strange, or is it normal for Kia?

Marc Collins

1000 Posts Club!
Toronto, ON
Looking at the Kia nav update site, it shows 14.5 was released in August, but the next update is numbered 14.10, and that comes out in November. That seems kinda strange, or is it normal for Kia?
See my prior message ;)

Was just in my wife's Subaru yesterday and got a text message while driving. I realized first that the pop-up to ask if you want to hear it or ignore it stays on until you choose. KIA's idiot system goes away often before you have had a distraction-free period of driving to respond (which then requires ten times the distraction level to wend your way through the menus to get to where you need to go). Then, when I did go in, I see ALL of my texts and history and there; the idiot KIA system will only show whatever texts came in while you were attached to the car. But we are supposed to be happy to have anything at all. The original (v 12, 12.5 and 13) had no Bluetooth text functionality at all!!! This, on a so-called premium vehicle. Every two-bit econobox had this, but not KIA. The maps are always out-of-date; the cartography is second rate. An auto-zoom feature was finally added in a recent update. KIA has the software to use the cameras in the car to "live read" speed signs (as I had on my previous vehicles) and uses it on some of their cheaper products, but Stinger gets the consistently out-of-date and full-of-omissions map-based version (which renders it useless to rely upon) instead. I could go on, but if you really care you can just read these forum threads.

Last edited: