Welcome to the Stinger Owners Group!

We have over 10,000 viewers online 24 hours a day, 7 days a week!
Register Now
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Hey! I see you! Please take two seconds to sign up! We'd love to have you as a member of our Kia Stinger club. You have nothing to lose and so much to gain... :)

Kia Stinger GT vs Audi RS5

Discussion in 'Kia Stinger vs The World' started by gamelovers11223, Mar 10, 2018.

1. Doel

Doel United States Member

well he did say the next light approached "Very quickly". If it was a light just a block up, and he got the jump, it could have been an RS5 :)

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Johnni

Johnni United States Member

Famous words from Vin Diesel the Fast and the Furious 1:ninja:, " does not matter if you win by an inches or a mile, a win is a win."

• Like Like x 3
  3. Kamauxx

Kamauxx United States Stinger Enthusiast

• Like Like x 1
  4. voon

voon Switzerland Active Member

Under 4 secs in a relatively large car with 440 hp. Hm. Is it made of paper? :)

EDIT: Slight correction .. it's 60 mph, not 100 kmh. but still ... :p

• Like Like x 1
  5. Weareblondi

Weareblondi United States Active Member Staff Member Moderator

florida
    i think 100kmh is 62 mph. and, has it not been shown that most german cars are a little "general" in their final hp figures? that might explain the 440 hp, under 4 seconds in a relatively large car. if i remember correctly, wasn't the gto also known for its sort of hp figures so as to not get hit with a higher insurance premium?
    as for a fatter driver in the audi, he might have just had a huuuuuuge bratwurst lunch with extra onions. until one expels gas, it will be heavier.

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. iclicku

iclicku United States Stinger Enthusiast

The Audi S5 SB was the only car I considered when purchasing the Stinger. Now that the RS5 is coming and with a $30k plus price tag over the top line GT2, I'm wondering is a car like that worth it? To some folks I guess it is...

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Rufus

Rufus United States Stinger Enthusiast

Heh. Wait until there are more verified/finalized tuning options for the Stinger. RS5 drivers will be cursing that a Kia just took their lunch :p

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. Weareblondi

Weareblondi United States Active Member Staff Member Moderator

florida
    you can get to the bratwurst buffet faster to get more onions:p

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. Kamauxx

Kamauxx United States Stinger Enthusiast

If I were going to spend north of $80k on a hatchback Audi I'd just go ahead and get an S7. It might not be as fast as an RS5 but at least my kids could fit in the back seats.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. SteveCo

SteveCo Canada Active Member

The last two cars I was cross shopping with the Stinger were the Audi S5 Sportback and the Infiniti Q60 Red Sport. In Canada, at least, the price on the Audi shot up a massive amount once you started adding options to get it close to the Stinger equipment level, but that wasn't the biggest factor. What really made up my mind was going to the annual auto show and sitting in both the S5 and the Stinger (GT Limited) back to back. I know the majority of reviewers consider the Stinger interior 'less premium' than Audi, but I actually liked it better, and found the car more comfortable as well. I bought the Stinger 5 days later and have zero regrets.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  11. iclicku

iclicku United States Stinger Enthusiast

The only thing that I think Audi wins out on is the driver tech. Audi virtual cockpit is awesome and wish the Stinger had something similar. Of course there are those that prefer analog dials and stuff but I am a geek and love tech...when it works...lol

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Jonathan Lasich

Jonathan Lasich Canada Newish Member

I tried an S7 and was VERY impressed, but a 4 year old car was $74K Canadian. Once the flash ECU tuning comes available, I'm hoping for 440-450 HP. More or less same power level as the S7. New S7 in Canada similarly equipped to the Stinger Limited---$106K Canadian. I'll go with the Stinger and pocket the change!!

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Jonathan Lasich

Jonathan Lasich Canada Newish Member

In another thread on this forum, prediction is for Kia to come out with a 2019 GT+ model with 430-440 HP and virtual cockpit similar to Audi's. Seeing as the new Audi RS5 puts out 444 HP out of a 2.9L twin turbo, I guess 430-440 for Kia out of their 3.0L twin turbo is very feasible.
    Here is seriously hoping that the rumors are true!!!

14. voon

voon Switzerland Active Member

The local newspaper did a Kia Stinger article .. was a positive one. most peopl elike it ... but some usual idiot had to show up, calling it a "sports gt for poor people", till i got him to say he has some merc E 400 and also has it for status and kept on trolling. Sadly I coudn't tell him what I think of him, or the paper would not have printed it :)

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. YEH

YEH United States Member

Maybe Kia will boost the performance for the current 3.3 V6, but going forward, wouldn't be surprised if they bump up the displacement for the next gen Lambda V6 to something like 3.5L (as the replacement for the Theta 2.0 will be bumped up to 2.5L).

16. Slides

Slides United States Member

NJ
    As an owner of an '18 Audi S5 Sportback, I can assure you that it is overpriced. It is an amazing car. Almost perfect to be honest, but it is not $66K USD perfect (my car's MSRP).

The only area where I think the S5 beats the Stinger is the sports differential (fancy Audi term for an LSD (Limited Slip Differential) with clutched torque vectoring). That is really cool to experience. It's like being on rails PLUS the car is pushing you around the turn from behind. It feels physically impossible when you first experience it in dynamic mode.

After my lease is up, I am likely buying a Stinger or G70.

• Like Like x 2
Draft saved Draft deleted