Hey! I see you! Please take two seconds to sign up! We'd love to have you as a member of our Kia Stinger club. You have nothing to lose and so much to gain... :)

Kia Stinger GT vs Audi RS5

Discussion in 'Kia Stinger vs The World' started by gamelovers11223, Mar 10, 2018.

1. gamelovers11223

gamelovers11223 United States Newish Member

I had my first real stoplight challenge this morning. The competition was a newish Audi RS5, red in color. Guy in the Audi initiated the race, he opened his window and pointed his index finger forward. I nodded and put the car in sport mode. Green. I jump about quarter of a car length ahead and start pulling. Very quickly the next light was approached and I had to stop. I thought there will be round 2 but the guy made a left turn and I went straight. Holy cow stinger is fast! I really thought he was going to rip me to shreads. This car really delivers smiles per mile.

• Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 2
  2. MarkyMark

MarkyMark United States Active Member

There really are a scant few cars out there that will pull off 4.5 seconds or so for 0-60. Rare company is the Stinger.

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. ballistic

ballistic United States Active Member Founding Member Sustaining Member

damn! that's a nice kill! do you have stinger badges or kia badges? either the other guy is going to be googling stinger or fast kia.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. gamelovers11223

Thanks. The car is bone stock with all badges present. My guess is the guy inthe audi became so ashamed that he decided to leave and not to show his face the color of his car :D

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. Stung

Stung United States Member

cool - illegal street racing
    glad nobody was hurt

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  6. Kamauxx

Kamauxx United States 1000 Posts Club!

Are you sure it was an RS5? If so, are you sure he was a participant in the race?

• Like Like x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  7. gamelovers11223

Yes and yes.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Kamauxx

Was there any smoke billowing from his car? Any of his tires flat?

Lol, I only ask these things because an RS5 should be able to rape our cars pretty easily.

Maybe it was an S5?

• Agree Agree x 3
  9. Frubin76

Frubin76 Mexico Member

Most likely

10. init3

init3 United States Member

Yeah im going to say it was a S5 because the RS5 does 0-60 in like 3.8.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  11. oxide365

oxide365 United States Active Member

driver makes a difference too...

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. Kamauxx

In certain situations I'd agree. But stop light to stop light in two automatic transmission cars? I don't think so.

New RS5 weighs less and has about 90 hp more than a Stinger. As already stated it gets to 60 in under 4 seconds. In a quarter mile it runs something like 12.5 seconds.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  13. StungBlueGT2

StungBlueGT2 United States Active Member

My responsible adult side says = I agree and please keep the "racing" for the track.
    But the excited 16yr old the Stinger makes me feel like says= Its only "illegal street racing" if you break a law.;)
    I personally will never "race" my car at high speeds, but I sure love blowing the doors off of cars up to the speed limit.:thumbup: 0-50 is really all you need to have a blast embarrassing someone, but still stay under safe legal speeds.

Just my split personalities fighting over their $0.02!:rofl:

I third that opinion, as we are matched very close to the S4/S5 but the RS5 is on another level. Even our fastest run of 4.4 would still lose by a car length or more to 60.

:laugh: Sorry no offense, but I had to laugh... What difference can a driver make on a Automatic car with Launch Control? Its simply, put foot to floor, release brake and hang on!;)

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. oxide365

oxide365 United States Active Member

a fat driver will make car heavier, hence slow the car down... see the driver does make the difference. :rofl:

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Like Like x 2
  15. Kia Stinger

Kia Stinger United States Administrator Staff Member

He did say "newish" but we don't know the year. Could it still have looked fairly new but have been an older RS5 that's actually not as quick as the Stinger GT?

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  16. Kamauxx

Nah, the old ones are faster too, lmao. The 2018s haven't been released yet (I think). The first model year RS5 was 2010 and they went virtually unchanged until this new one that's coming out soon.

A S5 and even A5 can be made to look like a RS5 relatively easily though. So maybe the guy re-branded his A5/S5.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. AndyGT

AndyGT Germany Member

I think the new RS5 would blow the Stinger easily because it is turbo charged. The old generation wasn‘t - it had the 4.2 V8 which is famous for its high rev power but which also lacks torque on low rev. So from the line a race between the Stinger and the old RS5 could be close if the RS5 doesn‘t have the chance to play the high rev card. But whoever watched that race from outside won‘t remember who has won because he was blown away by the V8 sound! :-D

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  18. Rufus

Rufus United States 1000 Posts Club!

If only they'd stuff a turbocharged Tau motor in there...even an N/A one....

• Like Like x 1
  19. chris anderson

chris anderson United States Member

Screenshot_20180313-224103.jpg 20180310_130149.jpg once it warms up here in Ohio I will post a video of my GT2 vs a friends 13'RS5 AT THE drag strip I'm sure he will win. intake exhaust chip. vs mine stock but by how much

• Like Like x 6
  20. voon

voon Switzerland Stinger Enthusiast

Well, traffic light to traffic light isn't much of a real speed comparison, and there's drivers involved. Pro drivers in both and a longer track, the RS4 should pull away quick enough ... but we can stay behind short enough to maybe frustrated someone :p We don't have the car to bean an RS4, but we do have one to beat some RS4 drivers :p

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
Draft saved Draft deleted