kia stinger store

Jerky Cruise Control?

Kamauxx

2500 Posts Club!
Someone (I haven't had time today to figure out who) said that Kia admitted to the problem and was working on the car to fix it. Anyone remember the outcome for that Stinger? So, while it has been 3 years, if Kia has recognized the problem, perhaps there is hope after all? I want a Stinger so bad but adaptive cruise control *must* work properly due to my disability. Please Kia, if you have anyone reading this forum, come out with a TSB for this. Please????

Take one (or more) for a test drive. The problem might not effect all Stingers. Or maybe you just won't even notice it. Couldn't hurt to try.

Take one (or more) for a test drive. The problem might not effect all Stingers. Or maybe you just won't even notice it. Couldn't hurt to try.
That is, of course, a great idea. I do however want to buy a Stinger that hasn't been driven any further than off the boat/train/transport truck, and especially not any Kia dealer staff or customers taking the car for test drives. My concern is simple - because the Stinger is so fun to drive and is faster than any car most folks have ever driven, this can lead to test drivers beating the car and certainly not observing the break-in rules. This just means, I guess, that I need to create a relationship with someone at my closet dealer so that (s)he can call me when new deliveries arrive.

P22Tyler

Murray, Utah
Someone (I haven't had time today to figure out who) said that Kia admitted to the problem and was working on the car to fix it. Anyone remember the outcome for that Stinger? So, while it has been 3 years, if Kia has recognized the problem, perhaps there is hope after all? I want a Stinger so bad but adaptive cruise control *must* work properly due to my disability. Please Kia, if you have anyone reading this forum, come out with a TSB for this. Please????
I have an '18 GT2 and have zero problems with the adaptive cruise control, it works perfectly. And I believe that Kaumaxx's car didn't even have adaptive cruise if I read his posts correctly.

vipeboy2000

Middle Tennessee
i also don't have the adaptive cruise and have noticed the slight "pulsing" of the cruise control.. if you pay attention to it it's a little annoying but now that we have almost 9k miles on it, i barely notice it.. I don't think it can't keep the speed, i think it tries to hard to not deviate so it's making noticeable micro adjustments rather than there being a small buffer for the speed to feel smooth..

EClapp3

Dayton, OH
It works fine, it just stays around the set speed and goes up and down a bit.

Mikedfw

Use mine all the time on the freeway and in school zones and works fine, haven't noticed any jerkiness. I've used adaptive cruise control in fords, mazdas and kias. I'd say it's better than fords and about the same as the mazda, maybe a little better.