Hey! I see you! Please take two seconds to sign up! We'd love to have you as a member of our Kia Stinger club. You have nothing to lose and so much to gain... :)

Interesting Discoveries Thread (Good or Bad)

Discussion in 'Kia Stinger Talk' started by corradoMR2, Jan 21, 2018.

1. rocket23

rocket23 United States 1000 Posts Club!

yup seen that, I noticed it after I used the carbon fiber tape,lol......but I'm a little confused on the ''white lettering''.......you mean the radio strip buttons?

2. MerlintheMad

MerlintheMad United States 5000 Posts Club!

Could be different on the Premium. On the GT1 the mirror fold button is the furthest away from you above the mirror adjustment buttons.

3. MerlintheMad

Yes. In some light the radio strip buttons look white, and other times they look dark grey. Today I showed my wife how they change, by moving my hand to shadow them, and they look white, then removing my hand and the lettering turns dark.

4. rocket23

so I'm guessing here, but leave the button in the fold out position and not set in the middle.....mine is a 3 way button if memory serves.

5. Socalstinga

Socalstinga United States Active Member

I have had that issue as well. I discovered that if you press the unlock button on the key fob, it'll open. Almost like it resets...That quirk and the the quirk of not being able to lock the door while engine running and key fob is outside of the car drives me nuts. I've been able to do that on all my cars.

6. MerlintheMad

I leave mine in the middle, so the mirrors will fold when I walk away and lock the car. Why leave them out when you can pull them in?

7. MerlintheMad

Must be a Hyundai Corp. thing, because the first time I could not lock the doors and leave the engine running was on my Mom's MY06 Elantra.

• Informative Informative x 1
  8. AV8R

AV8R Australia 5000 Posts Club! Staff Member Authorized Vendor Moderator

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. rocket23

it's an ice storm thing with me ...living in the weather wonder of the world :)

smart ass.....

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. MerlintheMad

Oh, yeah. And it should be obvious lately, because my car wash left just enough ice in the joins overnight that when the mirrors folded in I heard a little *crunch* sound for the first time. After a couple of folds in and opening back out, it went away. But iced up exterior would definitely give me pause as regards the strain on the mirror motors/gears.

• Like Like x 1
  11. sting me

sting me United States Member Sustaining Member +

The mirror fold switch at the top of the driver side window switch panel. Tilt it to one of the sides to lock it in place, either folded or unfolded. :)

• Like Like x 1
  12. falanger

falanger United States Active Member

I snapped a shot on my return trip. I like this feature since I can never remember where time zones change....

IMG_20190102_140633908_HDR.jpg

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. FFR6288

FFR6288 United States Newish Member

It would be nicer still if it worked in Arizona in the summer. Apparently Kia can't figure out that Arizona doesn't do Daylight Saving Time, and it's been that way since at least 2012. My 2012 Optima couldn't do it, my wife's 2016 Sorento can't do it, and my Stinger still can't do it. And yes, I've contacted Kia about it, 3 times now since 2012.

14. GRStinger

GRStinger United States Active Member

Just above and parallel to the left/right side-mirror adjustment switch. Easy to hit 'em both at the same time.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. rocket23

yup tested it out at work.......befuddled me why I didn't think leaving the switch would turn off the fold in feature...thanks guys.

16. AV8R

AV8R Australia 5000 Posts Club! Staff Member Authorized Vendor Moderator

17. Crisis

Crisis Canada Active Member

Interesting. Saskatchewan is the same, in that we don't recognize DST, but my clock kept the right time when the rest of the country switched off DST in November. When I traveled to Alberta over the holiday, the clock automatically switched time zones at the border correctly both coming and going. It appears that Kia has it figured out for Sask.

18. Soca Boy

Soca Boy Canada 1000 Posts Club!

I think it’s a keyless entry thing, which is kinda of backwards. Car is running you can’t lock it but some @$$ can hop in and drive off.

19. robz32

robz32 United States 1000 Posts Club! Staff Member Moderator Texas Stinger Swarm

It is definitely a Kia/Hyundai thing. I was able to lock the doors on my M37 while it was running and the key was not inside the car. My wife's G37 is also able to do it.

20. Soca Boy

Soca Boy Canada 1000 Posts Club!

What year are they? Have the samething on a 2016 Honda Civic(keyless and push start)

Draft saved Draft deleted