Hey! I see you! Please take two seconds to sign up! We'd love to have you as a member of our Kia Stinger club. You have nothing to lose and so much to gain... :)

Interesting Discoveries Thread (Good or Bad)

Discussion in 'Kia Stinger Talk' started by corradoMR2, Jan 21, 2018.

1. NickUK

NickUK United Kingdom Member

had my boot lid (trunk lid to my USA friends) close on me while cleaning out the boot tray and had to make a split second decision to bail out or jump into my boot before the lid closed lol. Had I chosen the latter, at least there is the boot release strap, so I could have escaped! There was nothing above my car either, so not sure why it suddenly decided to close.. it was a little windy so maybe that was it..thank God for the beeping when the lid closes and opens! o_O

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. MerlintheMad

MerlintheMad United States 2500 Posts Club!

Lol! I am so glad that I don't have one of those fangled thangs. And the nannies. The GT1 without options is complex enough! I am amazed and gratified that everything works so well.

3. rocket23

rocket23 United States 1000 Posts Club!

visions of a comedy in the making. I'm sorry it reads funnier

4. eflyguy

eflyguy United States 1000 Posts Club! Staff Member Moderator

The hatch won't slice you in two! It has sensors to detect obstructions, no matter how soft and squishy! It's easy enough to stop with one hand so I doubt it would hurt in the slightest to just let it try to close on your back. Of course, would be nice to know why it decided to do that!

Not had it happen on the Stinger, but have had to nudge the hatch on my Sorento away several times - usually when I pressed the button then realized I'd forgotten to grab something.

5. NickUK

NickUK United Kingdom Member

are you calling me fat?! haha :cry:;) just kidding.

maybe the boot closes after a certain amount of time, i have no idea. Never happened again but i am wary/traumatised now lol.

• Funny Funny x 3
  6. rocket23

lmao! I can see it now,''Doc, I have ptsd, from my stinger!''

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. eflyguy

I was referring to myself when I said "soft and squishy"..

A few years ago, sharing pics of me on a racetrack (on a motorcycle, squeezed into a leather suit) I commented - god, I'm fat. One kind member said, "No, you're just fluffy".. not the first adjective I would have chosen but it made me feel better!

• Funny Funny x 2
  8. rocket23

I noticed recently That it's pretty much impossible to lock the car while it's running. Of course this is in regards to the ''winter warm up'' that many people adhere to here in the northeast, However a professional remote start will ''bypass'' the system I may be leaning that way .

Last edited: Dec 28, 2018
  9. Mike_TX

Mike_TX United States Active Member

Sorry, I haven't read all 50+ pages, but I was pleasantly surprised to see my 2019 Premium displays text messages. I've had that on cars before, but my two Optima SXL's didn't do it and I was pleased to see the Stinger does.

10. mcemc

mcemc United States Newish Member

Anybody notice that the gas pump next to the miles left points the wrong way for the side to fill up on. Arrow should point to the left but doesnt.

• Like Like x 1
  11. ScottE

ScottE Active Member

It's not pointing the wrong way because that's not it's purpose, although this has been a common source of confusion and was perhaps a poor design choice. This has probably come up a half dozen times in this thread, so I'll leave it to you to read back for the answer. ;-)

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. eflyguy

(hint: look at the fuel gauge, which is always visible)

13. MerlintheMad

A media flub that the reset button does not fix. We had this come up months ago. Iirc, somebody in Oz asked about it: you're listening to music that has tracks, and the showing track name does not match the playing track. I've pulled the USB and of course tried resetting. Nothing slaps the silly unit into showing the correct track name. Also, iirc, the quirk goes away after a "night's sleep". We'll just see about that. I have probably been driving around with the wrong track name showing and just never noticed it before. Now that I recall, I have wondered idly about a name that flashes up when the next track starts, that seemed out of context, but didn't really pay enough attention.

14. MerlintheMad

Okay, false claim: there isn't anything going on with the titles not matching the tracks, after all. What happened (and I don't know if this stupid thing affects other albums or not) is that I ripped a CD, and then put the folder on my USB thumb drive. The original rip (on my 'puter) was also affected: track 6 and 16 got misplaced, throwing every track after track 5 off by one title. This has something to do with the 'puter not listing 10 after 9, but instead putting it before 1 and then going on from there; and 20 getting listed after 2 and going on from there, etc. Notably this occurs on some file index programs. I haven't noticed it happening on Microsoft's Windows Media Player before. But what must have happened is that the rip started in the album instead of at the beginning, and then it filled in the other tracks catch as catch can, which switched tracks 6 for 16 and visa versa. Annoying! I hate computers.

15. ScottE

ScottE Active Member

The trick is to always use two digits for track numbers - i.e. 01, 02 and not 1, 2.

10 does come after 1 and before 2 when sorted the way computers normally sort strings. ;-)

• Like Like x 1
  16. sting me

sting me United States Member Sustaining Member +

Mine has definitely done this, too. It's given me a scare a couple times!

Y'all know you can disable the automatic mirror fold, right? :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. NS_Stinger

NS_Stinger Canada Active Member

If your door is even slightly ajar the car will not let you drive and ask you to place it in park over and over confusing you until you realise why you can't move. I had this happen this week and because the car didn't actually give me a door ajar message I had no idea what was going on.

18. MerlintheMad

Lights are my latest discovery. On another thread someone pointed out the lighted buttons below the three air vents. Nobody posted it here, so, since I have another "lights" discovery to mention, I thought I might as well point out that those silver buttons with the white lettering are actually lighted from behind (no duh, I can hear virtual voices say:p). I caught a reflection of my car in a shop window, and noticed for the first time that there is a little light right behind the rear-side reflector (I've only been driving this car for over nine months!o_O:confused::laugh::geek:)

19. MekstingerGT

MekstingerGT United States Active Member

Have you figure out what opens it back up again? Is it the waiting then pressing the fob button or trunk button?

20. rocket23

uh, please do tell, do tell. for this has eluded me to this point. what is this switch you speak of?

Draft saved Draft deleted