kia stinger store

Hydrolic Electronic Control Unit Recall

heyheyal

Central NJ
I might have missed something; but why do you have to leave your car sitting at the service center while waiting for a sensor? The only way I'd leave mine is if it is inoperable, or, operating it risked damage of some sort.
45 minutes away. I don’t have to I can pick it up. But I really don’t want to make another 2 round trips.

MerlintheMad

Sustaining Member
West Jordan, Y00TAW
45 minutes away. I don’t have to I can pick it up. But I really don’t want to make another 2 round trips.
I would do it. A chance to drive my Stinger, an "excuse", even. :p And peace of mind, vis-a-vis what you said about abuse happening while it sits surrounded by all that coming and going. Hah!

narsnail

London, ON
The dealer actually called ME to let me know they had the part. Such a surprise

heyheyal

Central NJ
I would do it. A chance to drive my Stinger, an "excuse", even. :p And peace of mind, vis-a-vis what you said about abuse happening while it sits surrounded by all that coming and going. Hah

I guess telling them no wash repeatedly means wash the car. Uhggg. I think I have to buy a window paint marker to get the point across. Amazing, I remember the days when you had to beg for a wash and now just the opposite.

Stevenk9

Newish Member
Just had the recall HECU replaced by my dealer Spinelli Kia in Montreal...once again great service. work took 1.5 hours as promised.

NIU_Huskies

DC/Maryland
I made my appointment at the nearest Kia dealer with a service department, which is 20 mins away, about 2.5 weeks ago. I got two text messages confirming my appointment. So I showed up today and the service advisor told me they had no record of me or my appointment in their system.

So he said they should be able to get the recall parts overnight'd to arrive tomorrow (Friday) and he will call me to let me know. He said they had a Monday appointment in the morning cancel so if they have the recall parts by tomorrow I can come Monday morning (they are closed on weekends).

He said there used to be more Kia dealerships with service departments within 30 mile range but some of the dealers decided to switch brands. He said one became an Infiniti dealer and another a Volvo dealer.

SafetyPilotCal

I dropped the car off this afternoon for the recall along with some warranty work I need done. I was not told anything about backordered parts, only that they probably won't be able to get to the car until tomorrow afternoon, so to expect a call next week to pick it up.

I initially called on Saturday, and was able to drop it off today, so that wasn't too bad in my book. Actually, so far, I'm very pleased with the service experience (please let it stay this way). When I showed up, they knew what I was there for, had all the issues there on the tablet, and had my loaner - brand new, literally brand new, K5 - ready to go.

stEgr

This was interesting. Stick through the shaky video. This guy does a really good job of showing what needs to change and why.

Just DIY'd mine using the genius method in this video, took about an hour, if I had to do it again it would probably take 30 minutes. Minimal disruption plus so much less work than having to take everything apart and put it all back together.

Field notes:
I did not sub in the blue butt splices as in the video, used what's included in the parts kit.
Wires for the fuse panel that is removed were a bit longer than in video, which made it easy to take out and reinstall, may vary by vehicle.
Not recommended if you don't like fiddling with wires in a tight space.

SafetyPilotCal

Got mine back today. The dealership managed to not mess anything up. No dents or new scratches in my car. They even fixed the rattles I was complaning about. I wasn't particularly thrilled with the buying experience, but so far the service has been okay in my book.