Hey! I see you! Please take two seconds to sign up! We'd love to have you as a member of our Kia Stinger club. You have nothing to lose and so much to gain... :)

How To Adjust Headlight Beam Height

Discussion in 'Kia Stinger How To's and Do It Yourself' started by DaJackson, May 19, 2018.

1. Fl stingergt

Fl stingergt United States Stinger Enthusiast

Dude just take out airbox. There is nut on back of light suppose to use wrench or ratchet. Takes all of three minutes. That whole will adjust light but easier to use the right adjuster under that

2. Gferg01

Gferg01 United States Member

Or you can get a long neck Phillips head screwdriver, shove it in the small area and twist to adjust. I found this method to be pretty painless ( and I'm sure how it was designed to be adjusted). And also don't have to worry about removing a thing.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Beege

Beege Philippines Active Member

I think it's hilarious how people swear that taking out the air box is easier. And they'll argue about it forever.

I don't get it

• Like Like x 1
  4. Beege

There is literally a hole there for a screw driver with arrows for directions. Like it's literally for that purpose.

I don't get why people insist on working harder. Maybe they have too much time on their hands. Idk

• Like Like x 1
  5. Ucinn

Ucinn United States Stinger Enthusiast Sustaining Member

I think there is a difference between the GT/GT1 and the GT2 with the auto leveling headlights. I'm guessing for the GT2 you have to use the nut and remove the airbox but you can use the screwdriver for the GT/GT1

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Fl stingergt

Fl stingergt United States Stinger Enthusiast

Let’s say I tryed the little whole on the top took forever. I head to crank that nut on back of light many turns with ratchet to adjust after lowering. It was just easier for me. Whatever you decided just a different way of trying it.

7. MyHarpoon

MyHarpoon United States Newish Member

Twist

8. Callum

Callum United States Active Member

2018 GT2 AWD - I just stuck a standard screw driver in that slot and started turning. There are teeth in there, didn't remove anything. It took me about 3 minutes per side.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Beege

I have a GT2. Hole is there. The only reason it should take any time really is deciding if it's too high or too low compared to the other and the indecision going on in ones mind.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Ucinn

Ucinn United States Stinger Enthusiast Sustaining Member

Thanks for the clarification. I need to raise mine up a notch or two for sure. The cut off is so low on these, going down a hill you can't see but 5 feet in front of you, ten feet if level, it's really bad.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Mach_Tuck

Mach_Tuck United States 1000 Posts Club!

mine were same...dealer said to spec. adjusted about 6inches up with car 20ft from wall. just right now.

FWIW, i used the nut on back as when i tried to use the hole and screwdriver, nothing happened. Even the head stinger tech at the dealer stated to use the nut on the back...if the hole works, more power to you!!!

12. eflyguy

eflyguy United States 1000 Posts Club! Staff Member Moderator

The hole is meant for a special tool similar to torx but meant to engage the gears. IIRC I found one that worked when I needed to adjust my Sorento headlights.

It's really good to know all models are the same.

13. Mach_Tuck

Mach_Tuck United States 1000 Posts Club!

that makes sense...flat head was a no go for me

14. kevin

kevin United States Member

Here is mine after I did adjustments. I think it’s too high. Will confirm soon. Gonna go drive it.

Attached Files:

15. Ozstung

Ozstung Australia 1000 Posts Club! Sustaining Member

I did it the same way, IMHO it looks a little high. From memory I think I set mine at 26- 28" ?

16. kevin

Just and update. Mine is too high, readjusting tomorrow. Try to take better notes

17. Dochidalgo

Dochidalgo Mexico Active Member

Headlights center beam height:

At 6' away from the wall in my garage the upper cutoff measured 26" off the ground.

18. kevin

Where did you reference the 6 foot mark? From the tip of the front end? Or the front wheel??

19. Dochidalgo

Dochidalgo Mexico Active Member

From the tip of the front end. Sorry for not specifying it.

20. kevin

Thanks. Will help with the readjustment today.

Draft saved Draft deleted