kia stinger store

how many miles does your stinger got?

AusStinger

I don't want to spend $800 every 10-12k miles to replace tires. Everyone on here keeps talking about how quickly their staggered tires were worn out.
There are so many responses to that statement I dont know where to start.

kia stinger badges
Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Stinger? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

NIU_Huskies

There are so many responses to that statement I dont know where to start.
So everyone who has changed tires so frequently due to staggered setup is wrong? I live in a very dense area with lots of traffic and speed cameras everywhere. It's not like I'm racing people or carving mountains. This car is plenty fast and capable enough for me with a square setup.

SIMONGUEY

hayward ca
damn is that true? I have a staggered setup lol.

I'm wondering if I could get some Toyo tires! don't know much about tires besides the fact that I like how those Toyo tires look! ;).

very hot with the white lettering but don't know which ones I need to get.

new kia badge emblem logo
The best place to buy Kia Stinger modifications is at KDM Warehouse dot com! The official store of Kia Stinger dot com...

SIMONGUEY

hayward ca

NIU_Huskies

damn is that true? I have a staggered setup lol.

I'm wondering if I could get some Toyo tires! don't know much about tires besides the fact that I like how those Toyo tires look! ;).

very hot with the white lettering but don't know which ones I need to get.
If you read around threads that mention tires or people asking what's a good replacement tire for the OEM tires you will see a lot of them asking for tires that last longer than 10-15k. But inevitably someone comes back and responds that your tire life will be half of manufacturers suggested tire life due to staggered setup.

AusStinger

So everyone who has changed tires so frequently due to staggered setup is wrong? I live in a very dense area with lots of traffic and speed cameras everywhere. It's not like I'm racing people or carving mountains. This car is plenty fast and capable enough for me with a square setup.
Sorry. Not saying that. Just saying that there are a large number of things to consider when it comes to tire choice.

The type driving you do. The environment you're driving in. Your expectation vs reality and so on.

Just going for a square fitment is no guarantee of meeting those expectations. It DOES allow you to rotate the wheels ( which is nice if you chew through rears faster than fronts etc ) which can extend tire replacement duration ( as has been mentioned to you ). Some people love a square fitment for handling....

My 2 cents, learn more about the tires you NEED.

If you only commute and fit Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 3 tires and expect them to last, you will be disappointed ( square rotation or not ) !
If you like to carve up the country roads and you fit LingLong brand, the tires will last for ever, but you'll end up in a ditch.

Also remember, all tires have a Best by life like most everything else. If you've had the same tires fitted for 10 years, they're probably hard as nails and more of a risk than a reward. If you buy a Stinger, you want decent rubber IMO. Now if you drive a Camry......

Example ( in my case ).

Fitment: With my after-market wheels, I chose to move from a 225/40/19 to a 245/40/19 front & 245/35/19 to a 275/35/19 rear because of ride comfort on our crappy Sydney streets and aesthetics. ( Use a tire size calculator to help determine what works without speedo mods. )

Tread style: I chose an asymmetric pattern ( instead of directional ) to keep noise down.
Will likely wear faster but I'm fine with that.

Brand: I chose a brand that provides a fitment that I like ( many factors in that alone ).

Tire style: I chose a variant that meets the tread wear and compound requirements I was looking for.

And so on......

Sorry for the long post, but just remember, tires are meant to be consumed when they're at their best.

JSolo

Stinger Enthusiast
Chicago
Ran some michelin PSS's on the G in stock sizes (225/50/18, 245/45/18). At the time of sale tires had ~13K miles on them with ~5.5/32nds remaining. I'd say they'd be good for ~25-30K miles. Because of stagger could only rotate side/side. Still, this is better than the 15K michelin rated them for (due to staggered size). Key to longevity was normal acceleration and braking. Learn to read the lights, don't tail gate. I did enjoy cornering fast, which is probably where most the wear occurred. Taking off fast is fun, but you pay the price in fuel and tires.

Had some as3+'s on the accord. After 10K miles there was still a good 8/32nds left. Granted accord had no power, but could corner adequately (for what it was).

On the motorcycles I enjoyed taking off and cornering fast. Typically it would be 2 rear tires for one front tire (~11-13K on the front, 5-6K on the rear). Price of admission.

The best place to buy Kia Stinger modifications is at KDM Warehouse dot com! The official store of Kia Stinger dot com...

SIMONGUEY

hayward ca
2019 Stinger GT with 16K miles.

Not sure if it's worth installing an OCC at this point but I always get top tier gas and change my oil every 5K miles.
I say it is.

I'm on top of my oil changes and I also used top-tier gas. bought my car with 38k miles on it already. still haven't filled up my occ but I have seen it collect a fair amount of oil already.

AtomicGTL

Ontario, Canada
I say it is.

I'm on top of my oil changes and I also used top-tier gas. bought my car with 38k miles on it already. still haven't filled up my occ but I have seen it collect a fair amount of oil already.
Yep,

just installed mine yesterday, a little late but better than never

Legendsk

Deep south Texas
2018 GT2 RWD My Michelin's PS4's that it came with unrolled the tread on rears at around 16,000 miles and the fronts were coming loose. No hard driving at all. Michelin agreed they were rated at 30,000 miles and gave me 49% on new tires. With discounts I spent $618 or so for a new set of 4 Michelin staggered tires. These are all season rated at 45,000 miles. I'm okay with that.