kia stinger store

how many miles does your stinger got?

Transmetal

Daily driver 2020 awd gt, bought it with 6 miles, has 7500 on it now.

7Andrei7

Bucharest/Vienna
I bought a 2nd set of stock GT2 AWD wheels and tires. So right now I have four of the front wheels and tires on my car for a square setup. When these tires are no longer good, I'll put the four rear wheels and tires on.
But why go against the specified sizes for the car? A square 225s is fine, since Kia advises square 225 45 R18 for winters. But the square 255s might be way too wide for the front.

Transmetal

But why go against the specified sizes for the car? A square 225s is fine, since Kia advises square 225 45 R18 for winters. But the square 255s might be way too wide for the front.
I feel like 225 is way too narrow for this car. Not sure why kia didn't go with a wider tire up front. Both my older Grand Prix's had 225s. One being a 225 60 16 the other a 225 60 17. Shoulda at least been a 245 on the front from the factory.

new kia badge emblem logo
The best place to buy Kia Stinger modifications is at KDM Warehouse dot com! The official store of Kia Stinger dot com...

Drew9971

Newish Member
I feel like 225 is way too narrow for this car. Not sure why kia didn't go with a wider tire up front. Both my older Grand Prix's had 225s. One being a 225 60 16 the other a 225 60 17. Shoulda at least been a 245 on the front from the factory.
I installed Bridgestone Potenza 265/40/R18 on rear and 255/40/R18 on front, fixed traction problems and looks alot better, handling is the same to me. Will try to get pics out soon.... bad weather

zetatai

I bought a 2nd set of stock GT2 AWD wheels and tires. So right now I have four of the front wheels and tires on my car for a square setup. When these tires are no longer good, I'll put the four rear wheels and tires on.
You think the wide rear wheels/tires will work on the front?! Could be clearance issues...

The best place to buy Kia Stinger modifications is at KDM Warehouse dot com! The official store of Kia Stinger dot com...

SIMONGUEY

hayward ca
ok... don't laugh plz.... I bought some rims for my car. and I forgot what sizes they are entire lol.. how could I figure out exactly? mainly asking because I know my tires are stretched out a bit to fit my rims.

i just picked which ones I wanted and that was about it on me deciding on rims lol.

kia stinger badges
Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Stinger? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

zetatai

There have been some other posters on here who successfully used the rear wheels and tires in the front with spacers. I guess I'll find out in another year or two if they work.
I missed those posts, pls post links if you've got 'em... & let us know how it works out. I'm curious to know how wider rubber up front affects the handling.

NIU_Huskies

I missed those posts, pls post links if you've got 'em... & let us know how it works out. I'm curious to know how wider rubber up front affects the handling.
The posts are buried deep. I didn't save them but recall finding a few when I was researching if anyone had used the rear OEM wheels and tires up front.

Here's one post I could find.

AusStinger

ok... don't laugh plz.... I bought some rims for my car. and I forgot what sizes they are entire lol.. how could I figure out exactly? mainly asking because I know my tires are stretched out a bit to fit my rims.

i just picked which ones I wanted and that was about it on me deciding on rims lol.
They should be stamped on the inner spoke area. Like 18x8 +40

7Andrei7

Bucharest/Vienna
I bought spacers to use with them when the time comes, but if they don't then I'll just sell the tires and buy ones that do fit.
I still don't understand why you are doing this. Just for the ability to rotate tires?
My understanding is that staggered tires give the car better overall feel, handling and performance.
But, I don't want to start a polemic. To each his own.

NIU_Huskies

I still don't understand why you are doing this. Just for the ability to rotate tires?
My understanding is that staggered tires give the car better overall feel, handling and performance.
But, I don't want to start a polemic. To each his own.
I don't want to spend $800 every 10-12k miles to replace tires. Everyone on here keeps talking about how quickly their staggered tires were worn out.