kia stinger store

Damage done by Dealership need opinions

bearstinger

Frederick, MD
I walk around any of my cars anytime I pick it up. I trust nobody to care for the car like I do. The toyota dealer near us did a great job with my toyotas, never any damage, a lot of care.

At this moment no clue what dealer I will take the stinger to for service, right now at 1000 miles. Not going to where we bought it, they beyond irritated me. Under new ownership, small dinky dealership, showed they did not care about the buyer. I asked some ??'s zero response from them. Even went to corporate Kia, via email, they said dealerships are individual , up to them to respond. They are 5 miles from us, I will most likely drive 15 plus miles to another dealer for service.

Fredman

Minnesota
Someone in the Midwest needs to open a shop staffed with only top-tier mechanics trained exclusively for the Stinger.
They would perform every type of maintenance, do modifications and even be authorized by Kia to do recalls.
I think multiple owners who really love their cars but are legitimately scared by the “stinger dealer experience” like myself would seek them out -
I would certainly go FAR out of my way to utilize their services just for peace of mind. They would be slammed busy, guaranteed. Anyone ??? lol

I am a dreamer I know. Maybe not the only one

MerlintheMad

Sustaining Member
West Jordan, Y00TAW
Someone in the Midwest needs to open a shop staffed with only top-tier mechanics trained exclusively for the Stinger.
They would perform every type of maintenance, do modifications and even be authorized by Kia to do recalls.
I think multiple owners who really love their cars but are legitimately scared by the “stinger dealer experience” like myself would seek them out -
I would certainly go FAR out of my way to utilize their services just for peace of mind. They would be slammed busy, guaranteed. Anyone ??? lol

I am a dreamer I know. Maybe not the only one
I would not drive to Minnesota to get dedicated Stinger service. :p Nor would I go to Denver (meeting you halfway). But then, so far, I've not had my car damaged by "my" service center either.

Buzzrush

I walk around any of my cars anytime I pick it up. I trust nobody to care for the car like I do. The toyota dealer near us did a great job with my toyotas, never any damage, a lot of care.

At this moment no clue what dealer I will take the stinger to for service, right now at 1000 miles. Not going to where we bought it, they beyond irritated me. Under new ownership, small dinky dealership, showed they did not care about the buyer. I asked some ??'s zero response from them. Even went to corporate Kia, via email, they said dealerships are individual , up to them to respond. They are 5 miles from us, I will most likely drive 15 plus miles to another dealer for service.
I NEVER take my Stinger to the dealership anymore unless it's absolutely necessary. Way to many nightmare stories and I've experienced some shotty work from them myself. No damage but oily finger prints all over the interior and oil splashed in the engine bay...never again. They could offer me LIFETIME free service and I swear I wouldn't use them. Your best option IMO is to find a good, local mechanic who comes recommended and has good reviews. Have them do all your basic maintenance and keep all your receipts. That way if you do need to bring it to a dealership for warranty work, you'll have all the necessary documentation to keep your warranty in tact. Not worth the headache and stress of having someone who's used to working on budget cars work on your 50k beauty. It's a shame...only knock I have on owning this car.
Bottom line is...no one is gonna love and care for your car more than you but there are some great local mechanics who take a lot pride in their work and love working on new model cars. Find one of these and put your mind at ease. My guy never saw a Stinger before I brought mine in and he just used his 30 years experience to navigate it. He keeps my car running perfectly for less than any dealership would charge. I have ZERO concerns when I bring my Stinger to him.

Last edited:

bearstinger

Frederick, MD
Good idea we have a husband and wife shop, I will check to see if they could take care of it. We just had a state inspection done with them, a 06 car. We passed. If nothing else I will take it to the toyota dealer and have them do the basic maintenance.

Wow, so reading through these posts, I'm kind of scared to take my Stinger to a dealership for the maintenance stuff. I still have time since I just bought new several days ago, but it seems like you're better off taking your car to a local shop to get maintenance stuff done? I do have 2 I can go to. Just make sure I keep the receipts and documentation on the work done?

HerbieTheCar

Minnesnowta
Wow, so reading through these posts, I'm kind of scared to take my Stinger to a dealership for the maintenance stuff. I still have time since I just bought new several days ago, but it seems like you're better off taking your car to a local shop to get maintenance stuff done? I do have 2 I can go to. Just make sure I keep the receipts and documentation on the work done?
I'm lucky enough to have a decent Kia dealership near me who does good work. I bring my own oil for oil changes. They only charge me for the labor and parts (oil filter). The service manager is also nice and understands that I've modded the car. It just depends.

I'm lucky enough to have a decent Kia dealership near me who does good work. I bring my own oil for oil changes. They only charge me for the labor and parts (oil filter). The service manager is also nice and understands that I've modded the car. It just depends.

Yeah true, I know not all dealerships are the same. I might take mine in for the 1st scheduled maintenance to my local dealer and see how it goes.

HerbieTheCar

Minnesnowta
Yeah true, I know not all dealerships are the same. I might take mine in for the 1st scheduled maintenance to my local dealer and see how it goes.
Good luck! I've been giving my business to this dealership for a few years now.

GenesisG70

1000 Posts Club!
Orlando, Florida
My dealer is very good too, clean, polite, fast they have not damaged anything all this time I have owned the Stinger I thing there are only few bad apples.

monusa

Have to chime in here......I just got my 2018 2.0 Stinger back from my dealer(after over a month! Did get a loaner Forte) right before Christmas (2020). Engine had to be replaced!!!!!!! Must say, not only does it look like a shiny new penny under the hood but it runs like it as well. To me, it runs better than when i purchased it brand new!!

Only info on the damage was "broken" rod....the repair was covered under warranty so i was at their mercy. Must say, aside from the long wait, I was satisfied with the work until...........charge pipe hose blew off when i mashed the gas on my way to work. No mods whatsoever....Had to limp it back to dealer without any boost at all!!(what a depressing drive).

They had the car a couple hours and replaced hose/clamp. So far, all is well so except for not having my car for a month (mostly COVID related), i must say the experience was a good one. All service done at the dealer and no issues. They just built/opened a brand new facility twice the size of the original one. Very impressive i must say.

SilverNitr8

Ashburn, VA
Happened to me within a month of ownership right after I had it PPF and ceramic coated. Took it to a tire shop that was highly rated. Noticed it a week later and went back to show them. They fixed it without giving me a hard time, so credit to them for taking accountability, but had to wait a long time without a car, the loaner car they game me was a POS jeep and almost got me to an accident when the steering wheel locked up causing me to spin 180 onto coming cars while making a left turn. Luckily I did not manage to bump to any car, but ended up facing the wrong way. I had them pickup their loaner car and sucked it up until my car was fixed. The guy who did my PPM and ceramic coating, re-did everything for free so I didn't have to keep dealing with the tire shop. Needless to say, I never went back to the tire shop ever again and this is the reason I do most of the maintenance myself if I can do it.

Bogey

Ontario, Canada
Add me to the oil change victim list. Took her in for the first oil change today at Cardinal Kia in Niagara Falls and she came out with this. Taking it back next Monday to get repaired.

Attachments

• 20210118_115933.jpg
    20210118_115933.jpg
    288.2 KB · Views: 25

MerlintheMad

Sustaining Member
West Jordan, Y00TAW
Add me to the oil change victim list. Took her in for the first oil change today at Cardinal Kia in Niagara Falls and she came out with this. Taking it back next Monday to get repaired.
How did you even notice that? I'd have maybe seen it days/weeks/months later and not had the first clue what happened.

Bogey

Ontario, Canada
@MerlintheMad
I checked because of this tread. Someone last week posted damage due to an oil change. Going forward I'll only be going to Jiffy or Quick Lube, somewhere I can drive in without the car getting jacked up or lifted for an oil change

MerlintheMad

Sustaining Member
West Jordan, Y00TAW
@MerlintheMad
I checked because of this tread. Someone last week posted damage due to an oil change. Going forward I'll only be going to Jiffy or Quick Lube, somewhere I can drive in without the car getting jacked up or lifted for an oil change
Ah, the service pit solution. I hadn't even thought of that. :thumbup:

SKStinger

Stinger Enthusiast
@MerlintheMad
Downside to that approach is that we have a plastic oil filter housing. Any type of over torquing will crack it and that would be more expensive to repair than a bent side skirt.

Kamauxx

2500 Posts Club!
Downside to that approach is that we have a plastic oil filter housing. Any type of over torquing will crack it and that would be more expensive to repair than a bent side skirt.
I'm guilty of doing that. Luckily Kia sent a truck to my house to tow the car to the dealership and fixed it under warranty.

SKStinger

Stinger Enthusiast
I'm guilty of doing that. Luckily Kia sent a truck to my house to tow the car to the dealership and fixed it under warranty.
That sucks! I broke the plastic housing cap on my Highlander. At least that could be replaced without towing the vehicle but it was a pain to get the old one off.

It really makes me appreciate the vehicles that have the filter accessible from the engine bay and that use a good old-fashioned metal filter.

I can change the oil in my Audi using an extractor in 20 minutes.