kia stinger store

Damage done by Dealership need opinions

English D

So dealer did an oil change and on lift partially crushed part on driver side rocker panel, I contacted dealer visited dealership and he said he would replace the whole rocker panel, didn't really apologize but said he would fix it now my Stinger is 12 weeks old and I'm pretty pissed that I'm going to have what it looks like to be major bodywork.
So is it a big job ? I'm sure it's not a bolt on piece of body work 50k and now it's got to be repaired what would you do and ask for as a make good I feel I should ask for something extra? above and beyond the repair that I didn't want

Bryan3.3

NJ
So dealer did an oil change and on lift partially crushed part on driver side rocker panel, I contacted dealer visited dealership and he said he would replace the whole rocker panel, didn't really apologize but said he would fix it now my Stinger is 12 weeks old and I'm pretty pissed that I'm going to have what it looks like to be major bodywork.
So is it a big job ? I'm sure it's not a bolt on piece of body work 50k and now it's got to be repaired what would you do and ask for as a make good I feel I should ask for something extra? above and beyond the repair that I didn't want

Have the service manager refer you to an Escalated Case Administrator. Allow them to figure out the best coarse of action and see what they do.

AV8R

5000 Posts Club!
Perth, Western Australia
That is disgusting and from a dealer to. I would be asking for compensation like free services for at least a year. Do they not have trained lift operators? To crush it they must have placed the lift arms in the wrong place.

Stinger GT SS

5000 Posts Club!
Sydney, NSW
Well if they broke it they will fix it, no more no less. I have had similar experiences with all my new cars, on two of them they left the oil filler caps off, what a mess, car was pressured cleaned approx. 5 times but still had oil residue under bonnet. On my Stinger the fan cowl has a mark/stain on it (not happy) my dealer happily agrees to replace it however this involves removing the complete front end, not an option from my point of view, pulling apart a new car is BS & they agreed, as for any other form of compensation....not on...dealer offered to replace under warranty no more, no less & offer is still in their system if I change my mind. As for the above how does this happen if you employ competent staff, emphasis on competent, so why are incompetent people operating this sort of equipment then left to work on your car for goodness sake......mind boggling.
This is the way of the world now (old fart opinion kicking here now) just go to KFC for example they take your order on a computer, it’s listed on a monitor for the staff member to pick & pack & blow me down they still stuff it up......every time WTF the kids look at screens all day (mobile phones) you’d think they have that part nailed......no!
After the dealer services or does any work on my car I check it over from top to bottom before I leave.
Same with Sat. Nav. upgrade I now take a pic of current version screen before I leave it, then check it when picking up to compare upgrade, last dealer lied to me on 2 occasions re this.
So to sum up it is inexcusable for this to happen, yes they will fix it but as the vehicle owner I would not be happy...& I feel your pain & anger, I hope all goes well for you, take plenty of before & after pics for insurance against further damage....good luck.

mldavis2

1000 Posts Club!
Neosho, MO
As a former service department manager, I can tell you that many of the guys just doing lube and oil changes are novice mechanics and are NOT trained to do much of anything. The mechanics who are good workers and good technicians are the ones you send to school for training. You don't spend good money (and it is expensive) to train some new guy off the street, and you don't want a new guy doing repairs on new cars without training. But they all start somewhere.

Another problem is the lift. How the pads are positioned are important, and you need to know the car before just sliding the pads under the car. Safest thing is to use a walk-under pit for oil changes. It's possible that no one at that dealership has ever had to put a Stinger on a lift -- it's not done during PDI.

Socalstinga

Stinger Enthusiast
I would make sure the GM is aware and that KIA VIP is copied. I don't know from personal experience about the KIA VIP, but from what I've read from others, it's makes a difference depending on the situation.

NS_Stinger

1000 Posts Club!
Sorry to take this off topic a bit but does anyone know where you can get the pinch-weld adapter for a home jack for the Stinger? I've just been jacking on a hockey puck like a real Canadian but I'm looking for a more permanent solution.

SKStinger

Stinger Enthusiast
I’m super paranoid of letting any shop put my car on a lift. The design of the side skirts in the rear envelops the pinch weld so anyone who doesn’t take the time to notice and adjust the lift points will crush the side skirt.

robz32

Texas Stinger Swarm
Houston, TX
Ouch.
Luckily it is not serious, however you need to have them replace the part. One thing to keep in mind is that it is a plastic piece, and most likely they will try to repair rather than replace. Insist on a replacement. Make sure the paint matches as well.

Hey it's a simple fix and no body work or paint necessary. The rocker is held on with clips and a few bolts. This has happen here once at our dealership. What they will probably do is just take a rocker from another stock unit and use it on your car. That would be the smartest and fastest thing to do to keep it fast and easy. If they decide to order one it will take a few weeks, it does not come painted so they will need to paint it and install it. Just remember......most dealers will always do the right thing.

Sime

Canberra
Hey it's a simple fix and no body work or paint necessary. The rocker is held on with clips and a few bolts. This has happen here once at our dealership. What they will probably do is just take a rocker from another stock unit and use it on your car. That would be the smartest and fastest thing to do to keep it fast and easy. If they decide to order one it will take a few weeks, it does not come painted so they will need to paint it and install it. Just remember......most dealers will always do the right thing.

It wasn’t done at a dealer, a tyre shop damaged it.

JDM_Man

Ottawa
Kia dealership also pinched my side skirt during an oil change, apparently I wasn't the first stinger with that issue coming out of there.